Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump impeachment hearings will now be public 16:16 - Oct 31 with 1368 viewsMookamoo

Whatever your politics, you're certainly getting your money's worth at the moment.

Will be good to see those around him try and talk their way out of trouble. Still won't get rid of him though.
Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:32 - Oct 31 with 1334 viewsIllinoisblue

he is Teflon Don. Nothing sticks, nothing matters. Four more years of that fraud. Sigh.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:36 - Oct 31 with 1331 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:32 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

he is Teflon Don. Nothing sticks, nothing matters. Four more years of that fraud. Sigh.

He's old and unhealthy. Might get some Pence action for part of that period. Yay!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:50 - Oct 31 with 1302 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:36 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

He's old and unhealthy. Might get some Pence action for part of that period. Yay!

something to look forward to!

62 - 78 - 81

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:51 - Oct 31 with 1303 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:50 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

something to look forward to!

He's a deeply weird dude. Did you see that he doesn't feel comfortable being alone with another woman even in a professional capacity? Feels like it is disrespectful to his marriage...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:51 - Oct 31 with 1305 viewschicoazul

Here is a serious question from a slightly interested observer to someone who I imagine can answer, and I am not being disingenuous as I dont know; what has Trump done to make things measurably worse over there?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:54 - Oct 31 with 1292 viewsfooters

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:51 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

He's a deeply weird dude. Did you see that he doesn't feel comfortable being alone with another woman even in a professional capacity? Feels like it is disrespectful to his marriage...

Sounds like he's the one who needs shock therapy!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 17:00 - Oct 31 with 1275 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:51 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

yes. he's possibly more sinister than Donny boy who is at least an open book.

62 - 78 - 81

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 17:01 - Oct 31 with 1281 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 16:51 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

Here is a serious question from a slightly interested observer to someone who I imagine can answer, and I am not being disingenuous as I dont know; what has Trump done to make things measurably worse over there?

I'll look forward to Illy's answer but in the meantime my thoughts are, for middle class white men folk? Probably not that much. Unless you're looking for work in an unskilled job market.

If you're a woman your reproductive rights have come under attack. Some states are down to only one abortion clinic statewide, and I believe that Missouri was in danger of having none. Roe vs Wade is somehow an issue again.

If you're the child of parents trying to cross the border illegally then you're in danger of receiving some really inhumane treatment by being split from your family and thrown into the kind of detention centre where conditions are so bad that several children have died.

If you're black and poor then there are ongoing efforts to make the simple act of voting extremely difficult for you, and the area in which you vote is being tampered with in order to minimise the impact your vote can have.

Environmental regulations have been binned, areas previously protected like the Tongass Forest are being opened up to exploitation, but what does that matter when the US has the only government in the Western world that doesn't even acknowledge that global heating is a real thing.

if you're a scientist, or some kind of expert than your standing has been massively reduced. Creationism is being taught in schools at an ever increasing rate, and climate science is frequently rubbished or not even addressed.

If you're not a fully signed up member of Club Trump then you're a traitor, even those military types those on the Right love to adore.

Oh and we have his clueless and inexperienced son in law in charge of Middle East policy, which seems to consist of him mainly farming out the entire US foreign policy to the Saudis. So that sucks for everyone I guess.

Overall on a day to day basis, depending where you live maybe there aren't many blatantly noticeable things. But there's a gradual erosion of many rights people enjoy and take for granted, and funnily enough those aren't the rights that rich, old, white Republicans rely on.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 18:08]

Login to get fewer ads

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 17:39 - Oct 31 with 1232 viewsEastTownBlue

Farage interview with Trump on LBC this evening.

Is it Halloween?
Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 18:01 - Oct 31 with 1196 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 17:39 - Oct 31 by EastTownBlue

Farage interview with Trump on LBC this evening.

Is it Halloween?

Wow!

Some people will need to put plastic sheeting on the floor and over furniture for that one.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 18:12 - Oct 31 with 1155 viewsyorkshire

Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 17:01 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

I'll look forward to Illy's answer but in the meantime my thoughts are, for middle class white men folk? Probably not that much. Unless you're looking for work in an unskilled job market.

If you're a woman your reproductive rights have come under attack. Some states are down to only one abortion clinic statewide, and I believe that Missouri was in danger of having none. Roe vs Wade is somehow an issue again.

If you're the child of parents trying to cross the border illegally then you're in danger of receiving some really inhumane treatment by being split from your family and thrown into the kind of detention centre where conditions are so bad that several children have died.

If you're black and poor then there are ongoing efforts to make the simple act of voting extremely difficult for you, and the area in which you vote is being tampered with in order to minimise the impact your vote can have.

Environmental regulations have been binned, areas previously protected like the Tongass Forest are being opened up to exploitation, but what does that matter when the US has the only government in the Western world that doesn't even acknowledge that global heating is a real thing.

if you're a scientist, or some kind of expert than your standing has been massively reduced. Creationism is being taught in schools at an ever increasing rate, and climate science is frequently rubbished or not even addressed.

If you're not a fully signed up member of Club Trump then you're a traitor, even those military types those on the Right love to adore.

Oh and we have his clueless and inexperienced son in law in charge of Middle East policy, which seems to consist of him mainly farming out the entire US foreign policy to the Saudis. So that sucks for everyone I guess.

Overall on a day to day basis, depending where you live maybe there aren't many blatantly noticeable things. But there's a gradual erosion of many rights people enjoy and take for granted, and funnily enough those aren't the rights that rich, old, white Republicans rely on.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 18:08]

Living out here then I would agree that is a perfect summation

I saw a post from a US 'friend' on FB yesterday - and although he admitted that he was hanging his head in shame in response to the mass up between Obama and Trump's at the same time he stated that he would be voting for him again

There is nothing obvious for a lot of people - and that is really the big problem - they are prepared to let most if not all of his indiscretions slide because they fear a Democratic President would have a serious effect on their lifestyle
Trump impeachment hearings will now be public on 19:25 - Oct 31 with 1100 viewsOldsmoker

I fear you may be right.
The Senate is Republican so they can just kick their "trial" of Trump into the long grass. The Senate will hold this trial but only if/when the Democrats command the Senate or when Trump has left office.

The Republicans are creating precedents that when the Democrats get the Presidency and both houses they will suffer terribly. They won't have the votes or the power to challenge rulings that they themselves put in place to protect Trump.

Imagine this....
There could even be a Live TV show with the new Democrat President standing in Times Square with a gun and shooting an innocent bystander just to prove that they can't be prosecuted because of the rulings laid down by the Republicans to protect Trump.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024