Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg 18:16 - Oct 31 with 3539 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1198038/general-election-news-liberal-de

Dreamy

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 18:51 - Oct 31 with 2696 viewsJ2BLUE

He would probably be made a lord a week later.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 18:56 - Oct 31 with 2680 viewsfooters

Anyone trusting of the LDs promises after last time had better be careful. Yeah, 'step aside' for us... Wonder how reciprocal they'll be to Labour MPs/candidates.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 18:56]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:10 - Oct 31 with 2638 viewsKievthegreat

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 18:56 - Oct 31 by footers

Anyone trusting of the LDs promises after last time had better be careful. Yeah, 'step aside' for us... Wonder how reciprocal they'll be to Labour MPs/candidates.

If the Conservatives win, it will be because Lib Dems and Labour couldn't put aside their differences for the greater good.
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:11 - Oct 31 with 2628 viewsOldsmoker

The Survation poll (commissioned by the Lib dems) didn't ask "who would you vote for in a GE".
The question asked was
"Imagine that the result in your constituency was expected to be very close between the Conservative and Liberal Democrat candidate, and none of the other parties were competitive. In this scenario, which party would you vote for?". That assumes that the Lib Dems can convince the other parties to step aside.

Survation also asked who would they vote for in a GE and the lib dems came a distant second.
Everyone I know in NE Somerset (5 people) thinks Rees-Mogg is a c*ck.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 2605 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. It might well be throwing the local party under the bus but Labour should ensure Tories get taken down wherever they can.

Rees-Mogg is polite and well-spoken and may very well be a "nice man". Unfortunately, just like with his religious fundamentalism, the effects of his politics are pretty awful.

Pronouns: He/Him

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:23 - Oct 31 with 2582 viewsDarth_Koont

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 18:56 - Oct 31 by footers

Yes, there is that.

I get the feeling in the absence of any deeper political convictions that they'd rather build their seats and their brand than get this awful government out of power.

I blame the system though. In an FPTP system the third party is going to have to play a lot more political games to have any impact whatsoever.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:46 - Oct 31 with 2535 viewsKievthegreat

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:11 - Oct 31 by Oldsmoker

The Survation poll (commissioned by the Lib dems) didn't ask "who would you vote for in a GE".
The question asked was
"Imagine that the result in your constituency was expected to be very close between the Conservative and Liberal Democrat candidate, and none of the other parties were competitive. In this scenario, which party would you vote for?". That assumes that the Lib Dems can convince the other parties to step aside.

Survation also asked who would they vote for in a GE and the lib dems came a distant second.
Everyone I know in NE Somerset (5 people) thinks Rees-Mogg is a c*ck.

The two results can be found here:

They got a 'standard' voter intention question and then followed it with a tactical vote question.
Based on the fact Labour are polling at less than half the Lib Dem share and some are willing to shift to get rid of the Dishonourable Member for the 19th Century, it seems a very useful survey!
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:56 - Oct 31 with 2506 viewsSwansea_Blue

And the liberals are the only party who will cancel this Brexit nonsense- worth bearing in mind if you think £70bn of wasted funds so far, splitting the nation apart, treating foreigners like muck is in any way important.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:02 - Oct 31 with 2486 viewsSwansea_Blue

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:17 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. It might well be throwing the local party under the bus but Labour should ensure Tories get taken down wherever they can.

Rees-Mogg is polite and well-spoken and may very well be a "nice man". Unfortunately, just like with his religious fundamentalism, the effects of his politics are pretty awful.

“Polite”? He’s an incredibly rude, obnoxious w@nker.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:04 - Oct 31 with 2483 viewsDarth_Koont

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:56 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

And the liberals are the only party who will cancel this Brexit nonsense- worth bearing in mind if you think £70bn of wasted funds so far, splitting the nation apart, treating foreigners like muck is in any way important.

Not the only party. There's also the SNP, Greens, Plaid Cymru, and some independents. Plus Labour are probably bringing about the only possible Remain which will be through parliamentary numbers and not entirely rejecting the Leavers' position out of hand.

The Tories have ruined Brexit (not that it needed much ruining). The important thing is to climb back from where we are and start building this society up through non-Tory and Brexit politicians.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:05 - Oct 31 with 2480 viewsSuffolktractor

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:56 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

Do you mean the Liberal Democrat’s that are going to cancel the Brexit nonsense that a majority of people voted for in a democratic referendum?
The one that has split the nation because a large number on the remain side have refused to accept the result due to the leavers being thick/racist/northern or a mixture of all three of these.
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:09 - Oct 31 with 2466 viewsSwansea_Blue

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:04 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

Not the only party. There's also the SNP, Greens, Plaid Cymru, and some independents. Plus Labour are probably bringing about the only possible Remain which will be through parliamentary numbers and not entirely rejecting the Leavers' position out of hand.

The Tories have ruined Brexit (not that it needed much ruining). The important thing is to climb back from where we are and start building this society up through non-Tory and Brexit politicians.

Yes, apologies I was thinking in terms of a pan-UK party available to most TWTDers. So yes, Greens are another option that may be relevant in a few constituencies.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:11 - Oct 31 with 2461 viewsBlueBadger

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:05 - Oct 31 by Suffolktractor

Do you mean the Liberal Democrat’s that are going to cancel the Brexit nonsense that a majority of people voted for in a democratic referendum?
The one that has split the nation because a large number on the remain side have refused to accept the result due to the leavers being thick/racist/northern or a mixture of all three of these.

If the Lib Dems somehow achieve a parliamentary majority, won't revoking Article 50 be The Will Of The People?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 2444 viewsNthQldITFC

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:02 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

“Polite”? He’s an incredibly rude, obnoxious w@nker.

But he does it in such a charming way.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:16 - Oct 31 with 2431 viewsvapour_trail

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:11 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

If the Lib Dems somehow achieve a parliamentary majority, won't revoking Article 50 be The Will Of The People?

Nobody achieving a parliamentary majority are delivering the will of (enfranchised) people unless they have accrued more than 50% of the available vote.

Always worth bearing that in mind when some no mark starts preaching that their perverse preference is what “the public want”.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:18 - Oct 31 with 2426 viewsSuffolktractor

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:11 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

Only if you accept that was the only reason for voting for them and only then if they poll over 50% of the vote.
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:20 - Oct 31 with 2415 viewsDarth_Koont

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:15 - Oct 31 by NthQldITFC

But he does it in such a charming way.

Yes. I didn't mean that he wasn't offensive at a deeper, truer level.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:21 - Oct 31 with 2412 viewsSwansea_Blue

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:05 - Oct 31 by Suffolktractor

Look at the results of the parliamentary votes rather than the Daily Express version. May repeatedly failed to get her own party on side, the largest group being the ERGers. Those are the ones who blocked it. Boris blocked it twice.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:25 - Oct 31 with 2398 viewsNthQldITFC

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:20 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

Yes. I didn't mean that he wasn't offensive at a deeper, truer level.

Frightfully well-dressed recumbent c0ck.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:28 - Oct 31 with 2383 viewsDarth_Koont

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:25 - Oct 31 by NthQldITFC

Frightfully well-dressed recumbent c0ck.

You fuc... oh you meant JRM.

I do like a smoking jacket and a chaise longue at this time of night.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:53 - Oct 31 with 2308 viewsSuffolktractor

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:21 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

Look at the results of the parliamentary votes rather than the Daily Express version. May repeatedly failed to get her own party on side, the largest group being the ERGers. Those are the ones who blocked it. Boris blocked it twice.

I am not absolving any party from blame here, they are all as bad as each other.
Just saying that revoking Article 50 seems undemocratic to me unless they get a clear majority to do it.
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:56 - Oct 31 with 2286 viewsfooters

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 19:10 - Oct 31 by Kievthegreat

If the Conservatives win, it will be because Lib Dems and Labour couldn't put aside their differences for the greater good.

And if the LDs hadn't got into bed with the Tories and enabled their austerity regime, then we wouldn't be in half the mess we currently find ourselves. Funny old world.

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:57 - Oct 31 with 2288 viewsKievthegreat

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:53 - Oct 31 by Suffolktractor

I am not absolving any party from blame here, they are all as bad as each other.
Just saying that revoking Article 50 seems undemocratic to me unless they get a clear majority to do it.

If we dealt with this properly in a referendum on the deal, this wouldn't be an argument as it's a clear vote on a single issue (and can be made legally binding).

As it stands Boris will take a 35+% vote as a mandate for his deal. Would you agree this is undemocratic then?
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 21:03 - Oct 31 with 2261 viewsKievthegreat

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 20:56 - Oct 31 by footers

And if the LDs hadn't got into bed with the Tories and enabled their austerity regime, then we wouldn't be in half the mess we currently find ourselves. Funny old world.

I was very tempted to add a note to my earlier post:

"Cue people sniping and proving that we'll continue punch each other in the face and let the Tories off."
The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 21:06 - Oct 31 with 2242 viewsfooters

The liberals want to do Rees Mogg on 21:03 - Oct 31 by Kievthegreat

I was very tempted to add a note to my earlier post:

"Cue people sniping and proving that we'll continue punch each other in the face and let the Tories off."

I'd really like for this to happen nationwide, believe me. But I just don't believe they're that invested in co-operation. Like I said, let's see how willing they are to step aside for Labour as well.

I still can't trust a party with two obvious wings, one of which contains Orange Book economic liberalists like that. Still, we'll see. Would love to place my trust in such a coalition but alarm bells ring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024