Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone here make their own pizzas? 19:46 - Oct 31 with 2109 viewsSwansea_Blue

And if so, do you know how to make the bases so they are round and not some weird parallelogram with knobs on (behave at the back)? This is important.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 2097 viewsSpruceMoose

Buy a frozen one and scrape all the stuff off?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:51 - Oct 31 with 2077 viewslowhouseblue

it's very inauthentic but i roll them out with a rolling pin. easy then to make them round and thin without holes. it's really not the done thing though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:56 - Oct 31 with 2063 viewsArgyle_blue

When you divide the dough try to make each pizza into a ball before letting it rest. This makes it easier to make them more round as you roll them out. The finger spinning thing helps too but I can’t do that. Personally I think it’s fine to have them slight out of shape but still quite round (like a latter day Grant Holt). Shows you made them and you can call them artisan pizzas. The best dough recipe is from Dan Leppard. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/may/10/dan-

Good luck
Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 20:00 - Oct 31 with 2041 viewsfooters

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:56 - Oct 31 by Argyle_blue

When you divide the dough try to make each pizza into a ball before letting it rest. This makes it easier to make them more round as you roll them out. The finger spinning thing helps too but I can’t do that. Personally I think it’s fine to have them slight out of shape but still quite round (like a latter day Grant Holt). Shows you made them and you can call them artisan pizzas. The best dough recipe is from Dan Leppard. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/may/10/dan-

Good luck

Yes, learning to be a good tosser is key.

Also if you do it on the reg, invest in a pizza stone. Otherwise bottom of the oven tends to work, too.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 20:02 - Oct 31 with 2031 viewslowhouseblue

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 20:00 - Oct 31 by footers

Yes, learning to be a good tosser is key.

Also if you do it on the reg, invest in a pizza stone. Otherwise bottom of the oven tends to work, too.

and flour the board with fine semolina rather than flour.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 31 with 2012 viewsvapour_trail

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:08 - Oct 31 with 2002 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Round is irrelevant.

Rolling pins are for +*^%#}{.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:10 - Oct 31 with 1996 viewsgiant_stow

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:08 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Round is irrelevant.

Rolling pins are for +*^%#}{.

my word!

Op, you could what we do and cheat: buy those flat, wide garlic breads and stuck your stuff on top of that after cooking the sod a bit?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 31 with 1988 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:10 - Oct 31 by giant_stow

my word!

Op, you could what we do and cheat: buy those flat, wide garlic breads and stuck your stuff on top of that after cooking the sod a bit?

Islington metropolitan elite.

Make your dough, give it 24 hours, get your semolina, roll it out (the EU are not dictating it should be round) and then get whatever you want to lob on top but just make sure it has heat.

Jobs a goodun.

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 1984 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:56 - Oct 31 by Argyle_blue

Good luck

Nice, thanks for the link.

I use a rolling pin too, but didn’t want to mention that as I thought it might be a rookie error

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:16 - Oct 31 with 1977 viewsgiant_stow

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Make your dough, give it 24 hours, get your semolina, roll it out (the EU are not dictating it should be round) and then get whatever you want to lob on top but just make sure it has heat.

Jobs a goodun.

24hours? The Islington metropolitan elite doesn't have time to plan meals like that! Maybe Olga would do it if we ask her nicely though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:16 - Oct 31 with 1977 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Jobs a goodun.

24 hours! Mine get 15 mins. Is that in the fridge, wrapped in ball of cling film or similar?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:17 - Oct 31 with 1968 viewslowhouseblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:16 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

24 hours! Mine get 15 mins. Is that in the fridge, wrapped in ball of cling film or similar?

warmish room temperature. not the fridge.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 31 with 1955 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:17 - Oct 31 by lowhouseblue

warmish room temperature. not the fridge.

Wrong. As always.

About an hour at room temp Swansea this time of year. The previous 24 in the fridge.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:25 - Oct 31 with 1947 viewslowhouseblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 31 by vapour_trail

Wrong. As always.

About an hour at room temp Swansea this time of year. The previous 24 in the fridge.

i was ignoring the 24 hours bit cos that's just for overcomplicating poseurs. a couple of hours at room temp will do fine.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 20:27]

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 20:49 - Oct 31 with 1907 viewsHatStand

Cut a French stick length ways in half, add topping and grill

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 22:44 - Oct 31 with 1813 viewsPinewoodblue

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 19:47 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

Buy a frozen one and scrape all the stuff off?

You can buy pizza bases in most supermarkets.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 00:26 - Nov 1 with 1755 viewsmonytowbray

Kneading outwards with your fingers extended but closed together was how they did it at Domino’s when I was there. But the real trick is the dough being proofed. Any dough that’s too cold or warm is a f*cker to get to stay flat in one shape.

These days I tend to go for a fajita wrap as a base as I’m trying to be less fat.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 00:28 - Nov 1 with 1752 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 00:26 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

Kneading outwards with your fingers extended but closed together was how they did it at Domino’s when I was there. But the real trick is the dough being proofed. Any dough that’s too cold or warm is a f*cker to get to stay flat in one shape.

These days I tend to go for a fajita wrap as a base as I’m trying to be less fat.

I like using pitta breads as based. Cut one in half and you've got two decent sized thin bases.

I use wholemeal or Food Doctor pittas. Both work well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 00:30 - Nov 1 with 1746 viewsmonytowbray

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 00:28 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

I like using pitta breads as based. Cut one in half and you've got two decent sized thin bases.

I use wholemeal or Food Doctor pittas. Both work well.

I’ve used garlic bread before. That was INSANE.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 06:38 - Nov 1 with 1655 viewsEly_Blue

This shows you how the professionals do, it’s not really that difficult, the key thing Is getting the dough into a tight round ball and also make sure that it is allowed to rest for plenty of time to relax, I would suggest at least an hour but longer if you can, as for a pizza stone, hmm I wouldn’t bother if you have a fan oven, just whack the oven up to 250c, if you can use a pizza mesh screen like the one in the video then you will get a perfectly crunchy base.
If you want a thinner pizza then I would also suggest that you “dock” the base as they do in the video, that will stop you getting the massive air pockets rising up in the middle of your dough

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 10:14 - Nov 1 with 1530 viewsGeoffSentence

WifeSentence does. I think she sort of squidges them about a bit.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 10:54 - Nov 1 with 1499 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anyone here make their own pizzas? on 06:38 - Nov 1 by Ely_Blue

This shows you how the professionals do, it’s not really that difficult, the key thing Is getting the dough into a tight round ball and also make sure that it is allowed to rest for plenty of time to relax, I would suggest at least an hour but longer if you can, as for a pizza stone, hmm I wouldn’t bother if you have a fan oven, just whack the oven up to 250c, if you can use a pizza mesh screen like the one in the video then you will get a perfectly crunchy base.
If you want a thinner pizza then I would also suggest that you “dock” the base as they do in the video, that will stop you getting the massive air pockets rising up in the middle of your dough

I have visions of dough hanging off the lights, but I’ll give that a go - cheers

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024