Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Past injuries 22:26 - Oct 31 with 1717 viewsMookamoo

Can we draw a direct line between the state of the training facilities and the amount of injuries we had the last few seasons?
Past injuries on 22:42 - Oct 31 with 1681 viewsFixed_It

No. Think it was more to do with the paintwork, recovery room , managers office, gates and security than anything likely to caise injury. They made the point that the number of injuries is an industry-wide issue, and gave examples of other Clubs with worse stats.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Past injuries on 23:52 - Oct 31 with 1621 viewsN2_Blue

Past injuries on 22:42 - Oct 31 by Fixed_It

No. Think it was more to do with the paintwork, recovery room , managers office, gates and security than anything likely to caise injury. They made the point that the number of injuries is an industry-wide issue, and gave examples of other Clubs with worse stats.

the game has got way faster so more injuries happen. Players are way nearer the limit of what the human body can deal with than 20 years ago.
We've just had bad luck, it's cyclical, other clubs are having bad luck. At some point we'll go a season with no serious injuries and it will just be luck rather than any change.
The serious injuries that player shave had are just bad luck, take Nydam for example, nothing can stop that happening.
Rehab should be the focus!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Past injuries on 08:12 - Nov 1 with 1479 viewsitfcjoe

Past injuries on 22:42 - Oct 31 by Fixed_It

The recovery room is surely something that is designed to help with injuries though, so the lack of that may have contributed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Past injuries on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 1435 viewsFixed_It

Past injuries on 08:12 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

The recovery room is surely something that is designed to help with injuries though, so the lack of that may have contributed

Potentially, yes. Guess we'll never know, but it is definitely something that PL and his staff identified as being needed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Past injuries on 08:57 - Nov 1 with 1424 viewsBluefish

All of those problems will go away when the messiah Paul Hurst brings in his sports science

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Past injuries on 09:01 - Nov 1 with 1411 viewschicoazul

Not having any sort of recovery room or spa facility is an amazing revelation, and I choose to believe this was due to Marcus being either too tight or too uninterested to invest in it, and I further choose to believe it will definitely have contributed to having so many players taking so very very long to get rehabbed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Past injuries on 09:02 - Nov 1 with 1407 viewsBluefish

Past injuries on 09:01 - Nov 1 by chicoazul

Not having any sort of recovery room or spa facility is an amazing revelation, and I choose to believe this was due to Marcus being either too tight or too uninterested to invest in it, and I further choose to believe it will definitely have contributed to having so many players taking so very very long to get rehabbed.

I'm surprised he didn't buy 15 recovery suites to make more money from the tax saving

Past injuries on 09:03 - Nov 1 with 1409 viewsKieran_Knows

Past injuries on 08:57 - Nov 1 by Bluefish

All of those problems will go away when the messiah Paul Hurst brings in his sports science

To be fair to Hurst, from what I heard, he couldn't believe the state of the facilities at Playford Road when he arrived. I know he made ME buy all new gym equipment, as our stuff was years old before that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Past injuries on 09:04 - Nov 1 with 1403 viewschicoazul

Past injuries on 09:02 - Nov 1 by Bluefish

I'm surprised he didn't buy 15 recovery suites to make more money from the tax saving

I heard he uses ITFC's losses to offset his corporation tax against his VAT bill or something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Past injuries on 10:13 - Nov 1 with 1343 viewsBluefish

Past injuries on 09:03 - Nov 1 by Kieran_Knows

To be fair to Hurst, from what I heard, he couldn't believe the state of the facilities at Playford Road when he arrived. I know he made ME buy all new gym equipment, as our stuff was years old before that.

keane installed new door bells at the training ground, Clegg painted the turnstiles and Magilton had a new home dressing room built.

Technically Marcus paid for all of it though, they just all looked for something to moan about

Past injuries on 16:16 - Nov 1 with 1223 viewsSamWhiteUK

Past injuries on 10:13 - Nov 1 by Bluefish

keane installed new door bells at the training ground, Clegg painted the turnstiles and Magilton had a new home dressing room built.

Technically Marcus paid for all of it though, they just all looked for something to moan about

Keane probably had doorbells that yelled "F*CK OFF"
Past injuries on 19:12 - Nov 1 with 1180 viewsGarv

Past injuries on 23:52 - Oct 31 by N2_Blue

the game has got way faster so more injuries happen. Players are way nearer the limit of what the human body can deal with than 20 years ago.
We've just had bad luck, it's cyclical, other clubs are having bad luck. At some point we'll go a season with no serious injuries and it will just be luck rather than any change.
The serious injuries that player shave had are just bad luck, take Nydam for example, nothing can stop that happening.
Rehab should be the focus!

We had a pretty good injury history during the Keane/Jewell days, and probably early Mick.

McGoldrick was the one that broke the seal I think.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024