Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personal Independence Payment 09:00 - Nov 1 with 1915 viewsitfcpaul

Has anyone had a recent involvement with the process please that can offer some advice to us please?
We are about to complete the renewal for my wife's PIP and just trying to make the whole thing less stressful and more successful if possible

Did you receive any assist
ance in completing the form and of so who?

Any help will be much appreciated Thank you
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 9:16]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Personal Independence Payment on 09:33 - Nov 1 with 1840 viewsALF

I filled in my wife's PIP renewal over the summer. The form was pretty easy to be fair. A bit repetitive if anything. they just ask if anything has changed since the last award but quite a few pages of questions and each one asks examples. I got the obligatory response saying a med review may be needed but they never booked one and wife's PIP still being paid. I did inundate them with medical letters, reports etc when I submitted the review though so they may still be wading through all the evidence.......
Personal Independence Payment on 09:35 - Nov 1 with 1830 viewswkj

Please consider the DAB near tower ramparts, they're excellent at assisting with renewal forms, and really friendly folk too.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Personal Independence Payment on 09:38 - Nov 1 with 1826 viewshammo56

Just recently done daughters application from DLA to PIP.
She had her assessment 6 weeks ago but still waiting for decision. Obviously get as much supporting evidence as possible when submitting the forms and don't forget that PIP is based on how the disability or illness affects her daily life and not on the condition itself.
I joined the following forum www.4up.org.uk and people on there will assist you.My daughter also joined the benefits and work forum, she pays a yearly subscription and loads of information on there.
Remember when you return forms to DWP always get proof of postage as they have a habit of losing things.
Good luck.
Personal Independence Payment on 09:46 - Nov 1 with 1813 viewsPinewoodblue

My wife was too old for PIP when she damaged her spinal cord but she does receive attendance allowance.

Check out Scope and disability rights uk websites.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Personal Independence Payment on 09:48 - Nov 1 with 1805 viewsMookamoo

Remember you can claim travel expenses to and from the assessment.

And you only have a month to challenge the decision.
Personal Independence Payment on 10:29 - Nov 1 with 1761 viewsOldsmoker

My advice is go to the Citizens Advice Bureau. I hope there's one near you that's accessible. Just to have someone on your side gives you a lift in spirits. They have filled in thousands of these forms so they know how to avoid putting the types of answers in the boxes that cause delays.

I had included a history of my dealings with DWP in this post but I've deleted it as it was my rant against the system and was no help to you.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Personal Independence Payment on 13:14 - Nov 1 with 1662 viewsitfcpaul

Personal Independence Payment on 10:29 - Nov 1 by Oldsmoker

My advice is go to the Citizens Advice Bureau. I hope there's one near you that's accessible. Just to have someone on your side gives you a lift in spirits. They have filled in thousands of these forms so they know how to avoid putting the types of answers in the boxes that cause delays.

I had included a history of my dealings with DWP in this post but I've deleted it as it was my rant against the system and was no help to you.

it may help you get it off your chest

a problem shared etc...

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Personal Independence Payment on 16:19 - Nov 1 with 1583 viewsOldsmoker

Personal Independence Payment on 13:14 - Nov 1 by itfcpaul

it may help you get it off your chest

a problem shared etc...

The whole saga was frustrating and at times embarrassing.
Best keep that to myself.
However, I met a lot of people who had nothing to gain by helping me but they did anyway. Those sort of friends are keepers and I'm glad I have them.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Personal Independence Payment on 22:00 - Nov 1 with 1473 viewsthatdamgood89

Oh yes. Sadly they are my best mates * eye roll*

Sadly know the system all too well. I will happily help you no question to small. Just ask or PM for more delicate questions.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Personal Independence Payment on 07:46 - Nov 2 with 1309 viewsPositivelyPortman

Good luck with it all.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024