Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite son scores 15:37 - Nov 2 with 1786 viewsOldsmoker

Daryl Murphy gets Boltons second.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Favourite son scores on 15:41 - Nov 2 with 1774 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What are the odds on Bolton staying up?

If they can get more players in after Christmas, play all their games in hand and win games who knows what they might be able to do? I thought they were wrong to bring players in for this level but perhaps it might turn out right after all if they can afford them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Favourite son scores on 15:51 - Nov 2 with 1751 viewsOldsmoker

Favourite son scores on 15:41 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

If they can get more players in after Christmas, play all their games in hand and win games who knows what they might be able to do? I thought they were wrong to bring players in for this level but perhaps it might turn out right after all if they can afford them.

My prediction was 3rd from bottom but that was when Bury were still in the picture.
They could avoid Relegation as Southend and MK Dons are having mares at the moment.
If they win today Bolton will be on -2 points, 7 behind Southend.

Favourite son scores on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 1743 viewsWestcountryblue

We missed a trick with Murphy.

Would've been the better signing over the short term than Will Keane.
Favourite son scores on 15:55 - Nov 2 with 1739 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Favourite son scores on 15:51 - Nov 2 by Oldsmoker

My prediction was 3rd from bottom but that was when Bury were still in the picture.
They could avoid Relegation as Southend and MK Dons are having mares at the moment.
If they win today Bolton will be on -2 points, 7 behind Southend.

They would need to finish 3rd bottom wouldn't they?

AFC Wimbledon do not look up to a lot but they have already picked up 0.75 ppg. If they continue that, the total to stay up would be 34 points. After today, Bolton would have 29 games left to get 36 points. Hardly an impossible task. However, how they will cope with 3 or 4 games a week later in the season to catch up might be a problem for them.

Favourite son scores on 16:06 - Nov 2 with 1701 viewsOldsmoker

Favourite son scores on 15:55 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

They would need to finish 3rd bottom wouldn't they?

AFC Wimbledon do not look up to a lot but they have already picked up 0.75 ppg. If they continue that, the total to stay up would be 34 points. After today, Bolton would have 29 games left to get 36 points. Hardly an impossible task. However, how they will cope with 3 or 4 games a week later in the season to catch up might be a problem for them.

They still have that forced postponed game for the EFL to pass judgement on.
If they get momentum and buy wisely in January then why not.

Favourite son scores on 16:32 - Nov 2 with 1638 viewsAlexwaddell

Favourite son scores on 16:06 - Nov 2 by Oldsmoker

I would be glad to see them stay up....two of my favourite games were the play offs for PL.....with St Jim Magiltons hattrick....before he became StSideways

Poll: What was today?

Favourite son scores on 17:15 - Nov 2 with 1583 viewsGeoffSentence

Favourite son scores on 16:06 - Nov 2 by Oldsmoker

And failing to fulfil their fixtures last season, that one is still outstanding. They could easily be up for another 6 points to be deducted.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Favourite son scores on 17:21 - Nov 2 with 1570 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Favourite son scores on 15:54 - Nov 2 by Westcountryblue

Not sure. Yes, if you mean what we could get from him this season but if Keane does well this season he has something to offer next season and beyond that Murphy does not. I think both have about as much potential as each other to break down.

I would have been happy to see Murphy come back especially until Sears is fit, but I think Keane may be the better option longer term.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite son scores on 18:43 - Nov 2 with 1494 viewsWestcountryblue

Favourite son scores on 17:21 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure. Yes, if you mean what we could get from him this season but if Keane does well this season he has something to offer next season and beyond that Murphy does not. I think both have about as much potential as each other to break down.

I would have been happy to see Murphy come back especially until Sears is fit, but I think Keane may be the better option longer term.

We need to get out of this division for financial reasons. Failure to do so will result in the likes of Downes, KVY, Woolfenden etc all leaving and a further 9m lost in television revenues.
I really couldn't care less how we do it, with 36 year olds or 26 year olds. If we go up, I expect Lambert will do a slight rehaul again and look to use the momentum to make a challenge in the championship with our prized youngsters at the spearhead of it. For me, Sears is the one who will make a huge difference in terms of goals and cutting edge in this division.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 18:50]
Favourite son scores on 19:00 - Nov 2 with 1457 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Favourite son scores on 18:43 - Nov 2 by Westcountryblue

We need to get out of this division for financial reasons. Failure to do so will result in the likes of Downes, KVY, Woolfenden etc all leaving and a further 9m lost in television revenues.
I really couldn't care less how we do it, with 36 year olds or 26 year olds. If we go up, I expect Lambert will do a slight rehaul again and look to use the momentum to make a challenge in the championship with our prized youngsters at the spearhead of it. For me, Sears is the one who will make a huge difference in terms of goals and cutting edge in this division.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 18:50]

I agree we need to get out of this division but there is still a longer term. Going up to only be relegated again would be nearly as bad as not going up at all. I think Keane will offer us about the same as Murphy would but with the bonus that Keane offers us something next season. Any player for next season that has already bedded in is going to be better than one we are still trying to persuade to join us as the transfer window closes in August. Lambert can only make tweaks if there is the nucleus of a Championship squad already here otherwise he is forced to attempt an overhaul.

Favourite son scores on 09:32 - Nov 3 with 1257 viewsstrikalite

Favourite son scores on 15:54 - Nov 2 by Westcountryblue

Couldn't believe Bolton got him to be honest, easily good enough for League One now, coming back here I think would have given him and the fans such a reunion lift, I'm sure he's sharper than Keane, though I'm still expecting greatness from Keane at some point..

But yes I too was disappointed we didn't bring him back to be honest..
Favourite son scores on 17:54 - Nov 3 with 1139 viewsTheBoyBlue

Favourite son scores on 15:41 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

They now have a better team then their position would suggest, I can see them staying up and maybe with a bit to spare. Relieved to have played them when they just had the kids!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024