Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you sole a problem like 17:22 - Nov 3 with 581 viewshampstead_blue

.....two dimensional debate?

There are so many interesting views shared here. Loads of mis-understanding of positions.
A lack of instant response and chance to really put across a point.

Also a lack of learning opportunities.

How do you solve it?

Maybe a fans Forum based on politics. We could meet quarterly, room above a pub, share ideas, thoughts, and love.

I'd love that. There are lots of people here whom I'd love to debate and learn from.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How do you sole a problem like on 17:52 - Nov 3 with 522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest issue with that is we are all located in different areas and come on here at different times, often when doing other things. I like the idea and, if people can make it why not? If it helps people see the other side of an argument great. However, I think Phil or Gav may need to be present as bouncers for when it turns physical! (Isn't it strange how generally people are more confrontational over the net than we are in person?)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How do you sole a problem like on 17:55 - Nov 3 with 521 viewsSteve_M

Yes, probably. Well, actually the first step is to acknowledge ,as you do here, that people can have legitimately opposing views. Once people start accepting complexity then the differences perhaps lesson.

I still maintain that one of the great things about this board is that it isn't an echo chamber, that the political debates do reflect a multitude of views (ok, some of it is people just repeating the same bloody points over and over again but you know what i mean) and that sometimes that's enough to get people thinking differently.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do you sole a problem like on 18:30 - Nov 3 with 498 viewsGuthrum

I quite like the fact that you can have a debate over several hours on here (can't always wait for a response, or not got time to compose my own).

As Steve says - and I have before - the variety of opinions, experiences and knowlege on TWTD is great. Something you get hardly anywhere else. Certainly not most newspaper sites.

Tho I'm always happy to meet TWTDers in real life, too.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 18:31]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024