Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomes injury. 19:36 - Nov 3 with 2004 viewshampstead_blue

I don't have Sky.

What happened?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Gomes injury. on 19:48 - Nov 3 with 1988 viewsWacko

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Gomes injury. on 20:04 - Nov 3 with 1907 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Never a red card in a month of Sundays that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Gomes injury. on 08:24 - Nov 4 with 1449 viewsDurovigutum

Gomes injury. on 20:04 - Nov 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I agree. Rules say yellow for reckless, red for excessive force. That was careless for me, not even a yellow. The outcome obviously has influenced them, but that's poor application if law.
Gomes injury. on 08:28 - Nov 4 with 1432 viewsDanTheMan

Gomes injury. on 20:04 - Nov 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Part of me wondered whether he was sent off just because he was distraught, but I doubt that's why it suddenly became a red.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Gomes injury. on 08:34 - Nov 4 with 1410 viewssundaze

Gomes injury. on 08:24 - Nov 4 by Durovigutum

I agree. Rules say yellow for reckless, red for excessive force. That was careless for me, not even a yellow. The outcome obviously has influenced them, but that's poor application if law.

Ref gave a yellow, but after a while, I assume VAR, he gave a red. I think Son would have had to come off anyway, he was completely distraught after seeing the injury.
Interesting that we end up discussing the red card and not the horrific injury. Best wishes to Gomes, I hope he can make a full recovery.
Gomes injury. on 08:47 - Nov 4 with 1354 viewsNo9

Gomes injury. on 08:24 - Nov 4 by Durovigutum

I don't think it was a red, certainly reckless therefor a yellow
but I believe the Ref showed the rad card to try to stop emotion from boiling over into something really unpleasant.
Gomes injury. on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 1191 viewsJ2BLUE

Gomes injury. on 08:28 - Nov 4 by DanTheMan

Part of me wondered whether he was sent off just because he was distraught, but I doubt that's why it suddenly became a red.

Obviously it isn't the point but that red card was the best thing that could have happened for him. He probably couldn't have played on and it will take him out of the firing line for a few games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gomes injury. on 12:49 - Nov 4 with 1119 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Gomes injury. on 08:47 - Nov 4 by No9

I don't think it was a red, certainly reckless therefor a yellow
but I believe the Ref showed the rad card to try to stop emotion from boiling over into something really unpleasant.

Some far fetched comments on here - think it’s as simple as the ref being swayed into thinking it was more reckless than it was due to the outcome, which in fairness is probably a quite natural reaction

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024