Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it 10:30 - Nov 4 with 3457 viewsBrixtonBlue

A Conservative general election candidate has apologised for a Facebook post in which she said people on the TV show Benefits Street needed "putting down".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50283520

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 13:44 - Nov 4 with 551 viewsCoachRob

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 12:47 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

I never see eugenics discussed in the way you are suggesting thankfully but population control is a hard subject that needs to be discussed seriously at some point.

If the predicted 2100 population of Nigeria (and to a lesser extent DR Congo and Tanzania) in this chart don't scare you then they really should:

Don't forget, we are talking about a fairly under-developed country with a population twice that of the US in less than a quarter the area.

The Indian population is also quite scary.

SB

The World Bank have been trying neo-Malthusian policies for decades.

I agree population control is a hard subject and the points you make are valid. I can't see poverty reducing anywhere near enough to slow population growth to a sustainable level and with the World Bank's policies, human suffering is bound to increase.

The systems dynamics of "limits to growth" in the 1970's predicted population collapse (~2050). Population is growing exponentially, so far our ability to satisfy human energy needs, albeit unequally, has kept pace. It is not clear how much longer this can continue.
I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:14 - Nov 4 with 527 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 13:34 - Nov 4 by Vaughan8

People have their agenda's and I'm sure there will be more of this stuff coming out, probably a Labour candidate next time. She isn't in my constituency so doesn't really have any relevance to me.

Not sure why this has turned into one person's facebook post means its the whole party? This "propaganda" is boring.

BTW, I don't vote one way or the other every election so I don't have any bias particularly anyway.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 13:35]

You're right, I've kind of dipped into gutter politics with this thread, which is something I usually complain about. I guess it's a case of can't beat 'em, join 'em. It just seemed so 'perfect' that this was coming from a Tory given their policies haven't exactly favoured the poor and underprivileged.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 518 viewsGlasgowBlue

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:14 - Nov 4 by BrixtonBlue

You're right, I've kind of dipped into gutter politics with this thread, which is something I usually complain about. I guess it's a case of can't beat 'em, join 'em. It just seemed so 'perfect' that this was coming from a Tory given their policies haven't exactly favoured the poor and underprivileged.

You haven’t dipped into gutter politics. You’ve highlighted a parliamentary candidate who has expressed unsavoury views on social media.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:19 - Nov 4 with 514 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 13:26 - Nov 4 by chicoazul

I dont doubt there will be issues and problems, although I am sure the Nigerians, enterprising positive people that they are, will meet the challenges. I just dont see why they are scary, thats all. It's not like Nigerians arent used to massive population growth after all.

"I am sure the Nigerians, enterprising positive people that they are, will meet the challenges."

That sounds like the sort of thing a politician who knows nothing about Nigeria would come out with.

A poor country with a 400% increase in population is going to cause serious problems.

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:24 - Nov 4 with 508 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it on 14:18 - Nov 4 by GlasgowBlue

You haven’t dipped into gutter politics. You’ve highlighted a parliamentary candidate who has expressed unsavoury views on social media.

Well it's a fine line I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024