Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? 15:25 - Nov 4 with 2925 viewsLusor

Have seen much better at a number of smaller clubs.
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 23:14 - Nov 4 with 2748 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 07:04 - Nov 5 with 2640 viewsuefacup81

Are they really needed in this day and age though?

They made sense 10-20 years ago, but now everyone has a mobile phone capable of playing videos and the like, it would seem a little redundant.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 08:40 - Nov 5 with 2517 viewsbrazil1982

Why? Really not needed and a dreadful distraction during the match.
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 08:42 - Nov 5 with 2511 viewsitfcjoe

It's mad that we don't have one, not as mad as Liverpool not having one but it is well overdue.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 2447 viewshatch

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 08:42 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

It's mad that we don't have one, not as mad as Liverpool not having one but it is well overdue.

There’s only two Premier League teams that don’t have big screens - Liverpool and....?
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:11 - Nov 5 with 2420 viewsuefacup81

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 09:56 - Nov 5 by hatch

There’s only two Premier League teams that don’t have big screens - Liverpool and....?

Manchester United?

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:15 - Nov 5 with 2412 viewsbrazil1982

Why?
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:15 - Nov 5 with 2412 viewsuefacup81

I only think there'd be any use for one if we made it to the Premier League, or if we ended up in a league with VAR *if* it was amended to allow use of a big screen.

Anywhere below the Premier League they're just a waste of space/money, and are nothing more than a big flashy advertising hoarding (see Colchester United as a case in point).

Login to get fewer ads

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:29 - Nov 5 with 2397 viewshatch

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:11 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

Manchester United?

Correct - point being, big clubs don't need big screens...
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:43 - Nov 5 with 2375 viewsuefacup81

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:29 - Nov 5 by hatch

Correct - point being, big clubs don't need big screens...

So what you're saying, essentially, is that a big screen at a stadium is the footballing equivalent of a speedboat in the driveway of a council house?

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:46 - Nov 5 with 2370 viewsSE1blue

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:43 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

So what you're saying, essentially, is that a big screen at a stadium is the footballing equivalent of a speedboat in the driveway of a council house?

I just assumed that anyone with a speedboat has been on Bullseye.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:56 - Nov 5 with 2357 viewsuefacup81

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:46 - Nov 5 by SE1blue

I just assumed that anyone with a speedboat has been on Bullseye.

...and as Jim Bowen uttered his classic catchphrase "let's have a look at what you could have won", and the sad Bullseye music played, the curtain parted to reveal...

A pair of JumboTron big-screens, complete with advertising package for Hawk Express Taxis, Signs Express, and SEH Windows and Doors

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:07 - Nov 5 with 2335 viewshatch

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:43 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

Precisely.

Nodge's screen even turns landscape to portrait....
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:24 - Nov 5 with 2308 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:15 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

I only think there'd be any use for one if we made it to the Premier League, or if we ended up in a league with VAR *if* it was amended to allow use of a big screen.

Anywhere below the Premier League they're just a waste of space/money, and are nothing more than a big flashy advertising hoarding (see Colchester United as a case in point).

If they can show some previous goals / historic moments on it in the build up to kick off and replace the Capital FM playlist they have on then I’m all for it!

Pretty sure there were plans for one between the cob old and south stand in the corner when we were in the Prem.... then we went down and it got scrapped
Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:34 - Nov 5 with 2281 viewsSE1blue

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:24 - Nov 5 by Matt_Netherlands

If they can show some previous goals / historic moments on it in the build up to kick off and replace the Capital FM playlist they have on then I’m all for it!

Pretty sure there were plans for one between the cob old and south stand in the corner when we were in the Prem.... then we went down and it got scrapped

You know it wouldn’t be like that in reality though. It’ll be a bunch of local advertising and Magical Vegas flashing their wares.

I’m always grateful we don’t have Kiss Cams, fat kid dance offs and faux ‘hilarious’ mascot-in-the-audience scenes like North America.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:48 - Nov 5 with 2266 viewsitfcjoe

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:15 - Nov 5 by brazil1982

Why?

Because they are pretty much the norm at decent sized and smaller clubs and have a variety of uses.

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 11:49 - Nov 5 with 2257 viewsitfcjoe

Any chance of 2 decent spectator screens? on 10:15 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

They are useful to have the teams listed on them, and who has been booked etc - especially at this level when the opposition players aren't recognisable

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 2205 viewsN2_Blue

[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:50]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024