Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone catch the Radio 4 piece this morning about Reprieve taking 10:28 - Nov 5 with 657 viewshomer_123

legal proceedings against the UK Gov.

It appears there has been something that allows MI5 and agents to commit 'illegal' acts in their anti-terrorism work.

Somewhat scary as there is no oversight or judicial review. In effect, it would appear an agent 'could' murder, torture in the name of National Security. This was countered by saying that each and every case is reviewed on merit to see if said agent is allowed to 'undertake' each illegal action but - bloody scary all the same (although I am not entirely surpised).

Looks like this has been rumbling around for a while.

https://reprieve.org.uk/press/tribunal-to-consider-whether-mi5-covert-agents-can

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone catch the Radio 4 piece this morning about Reprieve taking on 16:13 - Nov 5 with 547 viewshampstead_blue

I doubt that this includes murder etc.

A former head of MI5 was on R4 earlier stating just that. He wasn't going to be explicit on other matters.

This sort of information needs to be redacted to protect those working for us in perilous positions. It wouldn't be hard to reverse engineer the law to directly identify people.

There are some things were you need to trust the security and intelligence services.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024