Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People with, amongst others, "right wing" views 11:33 - Nov 5 with 3591 viewschicoazul

should not be treated in hospital, says head of hospital.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18013388.nick-hulme-racists-not-treated-hosp

For the avoidance of doubt he specifically say s right wing here; "We have some of the most right wing, bigoted, racist and homophobic remarks and behaviours, certainly in north east Essex."

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:37 - Nov 5 with 3003 viewstractordownsouth

Well I never, Who’d have thought some residents of North Essex were bigots and racists?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:38 - Nov 5 with 2998 viewschicoazul

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:37 - Nov 5 by tractordownsouth

Well I never, Who’d have thought some residents of North Essex were bigots and racists?

'Earlier this year Mr Hulme described north east Essex as “probably the most homophobic, racist, awful, place to live in this country”.'

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:41 - Nov 5 with 2973 viewsHerbivore

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:37 - Nov 5 by tractordownsouth

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:41 - Nov 5 with 2971 viewsHerbivore

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:38 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

'Earlier this year Mr Hulme described north east Essex as “probably the most homophobic, racist, awful, place to live in this country”.'

I make him right.

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:47 - Nov 5 with 2949 viewsWD19

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:38 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

Whilst NE Essex is certainly punching in this regard, it is 'probably' nothing of the sort. I prescribe a quick jolly around Medway or Lincolnshire.

I am guessing he is 'probably' basing his observation on the few places he has previously lived.
People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:48 - Nov 5 with 2947 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s not actually what he said though - he suggested hospitals should refuse treatment to anyone that themselves refused treatment from a doctor on race grounds. I can’t really see what’s wrong with that, personally

His other comment which you’ve linked I would challenge, but it isn’t really relevant to what he’s suggested

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:52 - Nov 5 with 2928 viewsJ2BLUE

Speaking to ITV he said: “Should we be refusing treatment for people who specifically say they won’t have treatment from somebody of an ethnic background? My view is yes, we should.”

Quite right too.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:16 - Nov 5 with 2877 viewsbluefunk

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:52 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

Speaking to ITV he said: “Should we be refusing treatment for people who specifically say they won’t have treatment from somebody of an ethnic background? My view is yes, we should.”

Quite right too.

NHS - free to ALL at the point of treatment, even those whose views are different to yours (not defending them but there’s a fundamental principle at issue here)
Login to get fewer ads

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:24 - Nov 5 with 2861 viewsFPL_Tractor

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:16 - Nov 5 by bluefunk

NHS - free to ALL at the point of treatment, even those whose views are different to yours (not defending them but there’s a fundamental principle at issue here)

But if someone refuses the treatment then that's their choice.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:32 - Nov 5 with 2835 viewsitfcjoe

Hang on a minute, that's a bit sensationalist from what he says.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People with, amongst others, on 12:33 - Nov 5 with 2831 viewsdissboy2

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:24 - Nov 5 by FPL_Tractor

But if someone refuses the treatment then that's their choice.

people refusing treatment on grounds of skin colour or whatever must be mad, therefore should be treated for it!

mind you, some old folk say their hearing's bad so they don't understand accents. Though they seem to understand white Scots doctors ok
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:54]
People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:42 - Nov 5 with 2804 viewsJ2BLUE

No there isn't. They are being offered free treatment. If they choose to reject that treatment based on the NHS worker they should be told to do one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:46 - Nov 5 with 2792 viewsHerbivore

If they refuse treatment due to prejudice then I don't see any obligation to offer alternative treatment.

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:47 - Nov 5 with 2783 viewsBrixtonBlue

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:32 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

Chickers be trollin'

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 2780 viewsuefacup81

People with, amongst others, on 12:33 - Nov 5 by dissboy2

people refusing treatment on grounds of skin colour or whatever must be mad, therefore should be treated for it!

mind you, some old folk say their hearing's bad so they don't understand accents. Though they seem to understand white Scots doctors ok
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:54]

And I'm sure their hearing would soon pick up if the member of staff in question were to call them a "racist old codger" whilst speaking with a colleague 100yds away.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:57 - Nov 5 with 2737 viewsnoggin

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:47 - Nov 5 by WD19

Whilst NE Essex is certainly punching in this regard, it is 'probably' nothing of the sort. I prescribe a quick jolly around Medway or Lincolnshire.

I am guessing he is 'probably' basing his observation on the few places he has previously lived.

Leeds is up there, in my experience.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 13:04 - Nov 5 with 2718 viewsPinewoodblue

Only problem I have with this is that being a racist bigot is not exclusive to people to the right of centre.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 13:08 - Nov 5 with 2704 viewsmrshallisfit

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:32 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

Yes of course it is. Look who posted it.
People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 15:16 - Nov 5 with 2600 viewsbluefunk

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:46 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

If they refuse treatment due to prejudice then I don't see any obligation to offer alternative treatment.

So, just as an example, would you be happy to withhold treatment to a child whose parents refuse to be treated by somone non-white?

This is a very slippery slope IMO
People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 15:26 - Nov 5 with 2581 viewsGeoffSentence

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 11:48 - Nov 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s not actually what he said though - he suggested hospitals should refuse treatment to anyone that themselves refused treatment from a doctor on race grounds. I can’t really see what’s wrong with that, personally

His other comment which you’ve linked I would challenge, but it isn’t really relevant to what he’s suggested

It annoys me when people try misrepresent things in the way Chico has here. Thank you for correcting him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 15:27 - Nov 5 with 2575 viewsSpruceMoose

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 15:16 - Nov 5 by bluefunk

So, just as an example, would you be happy to withhold treatment to a child whose parents refuse to be treated by somone non-white?

I'd be more interested in prosecuting the parents for willfully neglecting their child.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 16:18 - Nov 5 with 2501 viewsjeera

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 12:57 - Nov 5 by noggin

Leeds is up there, in my experience.

It's rife everywhere isn't it, let's be honest.

Every part of this country, in every country, world-wide.

I hate it when I hear it and cannot fathom how or why people think the way they do.

With the mention of education elsewhere on the board, this is still a massive area some folk could do with a bit more help, but it's far from confined to those who haven't experienced a 'formal' education either unfortunately.

I think the worst place I've witnessed racism openly in recent years was somewhere between Burton and Uttoxeter, in a pub where a couple were loudly referring to black England players as monkeys.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 16:23 - Nov 5 with 2495 viewsjeera

"...would you be happy to withhold treatment to a child whose parents refuse to be treated by somone non-white?"

No one is suggesting that - let's be honest.

But neither can a hospital be expected to tolerate abuse on any level and an act of pure racism - which a refusal to be treated by someone on racial grounds would be - is abuse.

And assuming no child is involved whoever it is can feck off back to where they came from.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 16:42 - Nov 5 with 2452 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not quite what he said. But I suppose people have a choice - if they refuse treatment because they can't stand to be near someone of a different race or gender, then their right to refuse treatment should be respected. It would be nice if it was that simple anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People with, amongst others, "right wing" views on 16:56 - Nov 5 with 2426 viewsHerbivore

If an adult with capacity refuses to be treated by someone non-white they are simply refusing to be treated. You're attempting to try to create a slippery slope by throwing a child into the mix. If the situation was non-urgent I'd suggest that an application is made to make the child a ward of court so parental consent (or lack of) can be overridden.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024