Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we believe anything the Tories say? 12:44 - Nov 5 with 9543 viewsBrixtonBlue

A government plan to create 200,000 new homes in England for first-time buyers has resulted in no homes being built, the National Audit Office has found. Announced in 2014, "starter homes" were meant to be aimed at those under the age of 40 and sold at a 20% discount.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Why are people even contemplating voting for these barefaced liars?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:45 - Nov 5 with 2983 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine how bad the opposition must be to be 12-16 points behind.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:46 - Nov 5 with 2975 viewsuefacup81

The problem is that us lot are in the minority in that we watch the news and take a critical attitude towards such claims.

All the Tories care about is that there are enough voters out there who will listen to a policy and accept it as gospel.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 2963 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:45 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

Imagine how bad the opposition must be to be 12-16 points behind.

Or how fooled the public's been...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:49 - Nov 5 with 2951 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:48 - Nov 5 by BrixtonBlue

Or how fooled the public's been...

That is partly true.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:54 - Nov 5 with 2935 viewsNotSure

I think there is a tired and sad acceptance that all these major announcements (remember the 40 new hospitals) are nonsense. And that the election just becomes Tory haters versus Corbyn haters.

So in answer to your first question .... No
And in answer to your final question ... The alternatives
Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:06 - Nov 5 with 2898 viewsStokieBlue

I agree that this is very poor from the Tories, they should be taken to task for not implementing their manifesto pledge.

An interesting interpretation of history here from Mr Jones who seems to forget that Labour were in power for more than a decade and draws some interesting conclusions:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/16/labour-housing-crisis-tori

He should have focused on attacking the Tories on the article you posted - that should be easy and valid.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:08 - Nov 5 with 2890 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Heard an interview with Gove this morning on radio 5 on the subject, was embarrassing tbh. Starmer was on after, equally evasive. They are basically all a bunch of tossers.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:11 - Nov 5 with 2871 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 12:46 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

The problem is that us lot are in the minority in that we watch the news and take a critical attitude towards such claims.

All the Tories care about is that there are enough voters out there who will listen to a policy and accept it as gospel.

I think the biggest problem in this country is that 25% of people are thick as sh*t and get their news from the likes of The Sun, whose owner doesn't want to pay tax and so demonises the one party that these stupid idiots should actually be voting for.

These people then create children of their own, give them absolutely no platform to be anything other than an image of themselves and that 25% creeps up to 30% and so on.

America was just ahead of us by a few years.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:16 - Nov 5 with 2856 viewsStokieBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:11 - Nov 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think the biggest problem in this country is that 25% of people are thick as sh*t and get their news from the likes of The Sun, whose owner doesn't want to pay tax and so demonises the one party that these stupid idiots should actually be voting for.

These people then create children of their own, give them absolutely no platform to be anything other than an image of themselves and that 25% creeps up to 30% and so on.

America was just ahead of us by a few years.

If you think analysis like which belittles a large portion of the population is going to help the situation then you might want to include yourself in that 25%.

There really is no need for your language or tone to be honest. Why not propose some solutions instead?

SB

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:25 - Nov 5 with 2832 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:16 - Nov 5 by StokieBlue

If you think analysis like which belittles a large portion of the population is going to help the situation then you might want to include yourself in that 25%.

There really is no need for your language or tone to be honest. Why not propose some solutions instead?

SB

You don't feel depressed about just how many dim, uneducated, easily manipulated simpletons there are in this country? What about the fact that their vote counts as much as yours?

What's the point in proposing solutions. We all know what they are and exactly why they will never be implemented.

How about solutions such as politicians being held to account for what they tell the public? That they should be made to act diligently at all times by promoting factual information?

What about the Prime Minister having to be appointed by a General Election, rather than having two successive PM's that only about 1% of the country even had a say in?

What about not dividing the entire nation with a referendum that gave two options, one of which then had about a million different permutations, with an entirely foreseeable national crisis over solving it?

What about not allowing the super rich to pay absolutely sod all tax whilst people use food banks?

What about not allowing people that work 40 hours a week to end up no better off than someone who doesn't bother trying to work at all?

The whole system is broken and any decent person knows what is right and wrong, what is fair and what is unjust. This system, run by the elite for the elite, just promotes inequality and forces everyone that should be pulling together to be so desperate it's an every man for themselves mentality instead which prevents us working together to try and revolt.

The system has been beautifully engineered not to allow it to be penetrated from the outside and those on the inside are too busy feasting off our corpses to ever want to do anything else.

The one thing Brexit has taught me is every 1 in 4 people roughly, whether it be across learned professionals, the man at football, the bloke down the pub or the mother with three jobs, are thick as pig sh*t when it comes to doing anything other than holding xenophobic, ill informed or plain delusional views.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:29 - Nov 5 with 2807 viewsStokieBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:25 - Nov 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You don't feel depressed about just how many dim, uneducated, easily manipulated simpletons there are in this country? What about the fact that their vote counts as much as yours?

What's the point in proposing solutions. We all know what they are and exactly why they will never be implemented.

How about solutions such as politicians being held to account for what they tell the public? That they should be made to act diligently at all times by promoting factual information?

What about the Prime Minister having to be appointed by a General Election, rather than having two successive PM's that only about 1% of the country even had a say in?

What about not dividing the entire nation with a referendum that gave two options, one of which then had about a million different permutations, with an entirely foreseeable national crisis over solving it?

What about not allowing the super rich to pay absolutely sod all tax whilst people use food banks?

What about not allowing people that work 40 hours a week to end up no better off than someone who doesn't bother trying to work at all?

The whole system is broken and any decent person knows what is right and wrong, what is fair and what is unjust. This system, run by the elite for the elite, just promotes inequality and forces everyone that should be pulling together to be so desperate it's an every man for themselves mentality instead which prevents us working together to try and revolt.

The system has been beautifully engineered not to allow it to be penetrated from the outside and those on the inside are too busy feasting off our corpses to ever want to do anything else.

The one thing Brexit has taught me is every 1 in 4 people roughly, whether it be across learned professionals, the man at football, the bloke down the pub or the mother with three jobs, are thick as pig sh*t when it comes to doing anything other than holding xenophobic, ill informed or plain delusional views.

I think that's even worse that your first attempt.

You raise valid points but litter them with insulting and degrading comments about the general populace. Some people will be less educated - perhaps we should teach them critical thinking skills rather than calling them "thick as p*g sh*t" and whinging about how they procreate even worse versions of themselves. You're only adding to the problem with attitudes and language like that.

Your posts are veering quite close to some rather worrying subjects, some of which aren't dissimilar to what you claim to hate about some people. You've just substituted foreigners for "thick people".

SB

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:35 - Nov 5 with 2773 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:29 - Nov 5 by StokieBlue

You raise valid points but litter them with insulting and degrading comments about the general populace. Some people will be less educated - perhaps we should teach them critical thinking skills rather than calling them "thick as p*g sh*t" and whinging about how they procreate even worse versions of themselves. You're only adding to the problem with attitudes and language like that.

Your posts are veering quite close to some rather worrying subjects, some of which aren't dissimilar to what you claim to hate about some people. You've just substituted foreigners for "thick people".

SB

How dare you.

There are people in this country that have shockingly low IQ's. Trying to suggest I would substitute them for foreigners, black people, gay people or whatever offensive alternative you want to liken my remarks to is pathetic. You should be ashamed.

The thing is with stupid people is that they are all stupid. You can tar them with the same brush. Unlike foreigners or people of any ethnicity or sexual persuasion who cannot be tarred with any similar, lazy remark about their intelligence, which will clearly vary.

The fact remains if people take the time and effort to try and learn about what political policies will benefit them and society as a whole and how likely the are to be turned into real things rather than just lies or promises to win an election we'd all be better off.

There are plenty of stupid people about. Brexit has proven that. I make no apologies for hating the fact we live in a world where people have voted for Donald Trump to run America and where Boris Johnson is in charge here. It should be unthinkable, but it's reality and that isn't down to the worlds collective thinking and reasoning is it!

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 2767 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good man!
Somehow need to engage that 25 per cent though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 2767 viewsitfcjoe

Fairly conclusive report then....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:37 - Nov 5 with 2758 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘What about the fact their vote counts as much as yours’

Err, I’m fine with that, that’s how democracy works. As much as I’d like to think my views are correct I’m not so self important as to think I’m better than others and more deserving of an opinion

This type of view seems to be cropping up a lot of late, and quite frankly I find it absolutely disgusting

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:37 - Nov 5 with 2757 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:36 - Nov 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Good man!
Somehow need to engage that 25 per cent though.

What can we do in reality?

Media and news is now so readily available, but ultimately is controlled by big corporations who have one party offering them tax breaks and another threatening to tax them like the rest of us.

With such a biased agenda in the media, how can we seriously reach the people who believe what Boris puts on the side of a bus, even when the rest of us know it's completely laughable and erroneous?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:40 - Nov 5 with 2742 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:37 - Nov 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘What about the fact their vote counts as much as yours’

Err, I’m fine with that, that’s how democracy works. As much as I’d like to think my views are correct I’m not so self important as to think I’m better than others and more deserving of an opinion

This type of view seems to be cropping up a lot of late, and quite frankly I find it absolutely disgusting

I know how democracy works and one vote shouldn't be worth more than someone else's. It's not about being correct or self-important.

It's about being disappointed that most of us have a logical reason for how we are voting and that counts as much as someone who swallows up whatever lies they are fed. That's the frustrating thing about democracy.

Ideally, we'd all have the tools to make informed decisions. If we then decide differently then fair play, it's down to interpretation and preference. It's just frustrating that one well reasoned, thought out vote can be wiped out by someone who believes whatever a Facebook meme tells them.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:42 - Nov 5 with 2721 viewsfooters

"Can we believe anything the Tories say?"

No.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:43 - Nov 5 with 2706 viewsStokieBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:35 - Nov 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

How dare you.

There are people in this country that have shockingly low IQ's. Trying to suggest I would substitute them for foreigners, black people, gay people or whatever offensive alternative you want to liken my remarks to is pathetic. You should be ashamed.

The thing is with stupid people is that they are all stupid. You can tar them with the same brush. Unlike foreigners or people of any ethnicity or sexual persuasion who cannot be tarred with any similar, lazy remark about their intelligence, which will clearly vary.

The fact remains if people take the time and effort to try and learn about what political policies will benefit them and society as a whole and how likely the are to be turned into real things rather than just lies or promises to win an election we'd all be better off.

There are plenty of stupid people about. Brexit has proven that. I make no apologies for hating the fact we live in a world where people have voted for Donald Trump to run America and where Boris Johnson is in charge here. It should be unthinkable, but it's reality and that isn't down to the worlds collective thinking and reasoning is it!

It's exactly how your post reads - perhaps you should go back and read it. If anyone should be ashamed it's you and given your obviously superior intellect you'll manage to reach that conclusion on your own at some point.

"There are people in this country that have shockingly low IQ's."

What exactly is your point regarding this?

The first paragraph in your previous response implies they probably shouldn't have the vote and then you rant about them basically stating it's all their fault we are in the situation we are in because they are stupid. That's not helpful, in fact that attitude is only going to increase the divide.

If you can't see how that's similar to their arguments then I can't help you.

You should be extolling how we can help them become more informed and make better decisions - you've not done that - you just continually call them stupid and point the finger.

SB

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:44 - Nov 5 with 2697 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:37 - Nov 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What can we do in reality?

Media and news is now so readily available, but ultimately is controlled by big corporations who have one party offering them tax breaks and another threatening to tax them like the rest of us.

With such a biased agenda in the media, how can we seriously reach the people who believe what Boris puts on the side of a bus, even when the rest of us know it's completely laughable and erroneous?

One or two at a time is all I can offer! So yeah we are probably fooked...but nothing new there.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:45 - Nov 5 with 2691 viewsBloomBlue

No different to Labour their last manifesto was about leaving the EU and honouring the referendum nothing about a second referendum or a peoples vote - a complete lie

They all lie
Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:46 - Nov 5 with 2686 viewsitfcjoe

SB

I think the lack of critical thinking is the key point here, not something that is really taught until university.

Have you seen this in the States, imagine it is similar here if you were to do it re Brexit and around social classes:

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 14:06 - Nov 5 with 2632 viewsBrixtonBlue

SB

That's pretty unfair Stokers. He hasn't said anything about foreigners.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 14:11 - Nov 5 with 2613 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 13:45 - Nov 5 by BloomBlue

No different to Labour their last manifesto was about leaving the EU and honouring the referendum nothing about a second referendum or a peoples vote - a complete lie

They all lie

Whatabouterry.

Also, times change and opinions with them. There's no opinion needed changing about the need for affordable homes.

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 14:11 - Nov 5 with 2610 viewsStokieBlue

Can we believe anything the Tories say? on 14:06 - Nov 5 by BrixtonBlue

That's pretty unfair Stokers. He hasn't said anything about foreigners.

Eh?

I suggest you go back and read what he's written and what I've written. Nowhere did I say he had mentioned foreigners.

You've missed the entire point of all my posts. His posts are awful.

SB
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 14:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024