Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we? 20:46 - Nov 5 with 919 viewsLankHenners

We could end up winning this and this post would still be relevant. Don’t want it to seem like a knee-jerk reaction to a poor half.

At the start of the season we looked like we enjoyed counter-attacking but as teams sat in we had less success and started to rely on moments of quality which has got us results. However, tonight’s another example of there being seemingly no real plan in how to play. Doesn’t help having two wide men playing poorly but Rochdale are schooling us at the minute and would probably be ahead if they had a bit more composure/more quality in our box. The midfield aren’t getting the ball into the front two and we’re creating nothing. Downes missing doesn’t help but we shouldn’t be missing him *this* much. It’s lots of passing about in the middle third with no-one brave enough to go for an incisive one, or if they are it’s poor quality and we lose possession.

We may still win this as we’ve come close from a couple of corners but even so it’s another game where we’ve looked far from convincing. I’m still fairly confident we’ll go up as we’re too strong not to but playing this aimless way we’ll come thumping straight back down.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What are we? on 20:47 - Nov 5 with 886 viewsActionMan

We're an above average third division team when our best players are fit. That's what we are.
What are we? on 20:49 - Nov 5 with 854 viewsGarv

I agree with most but we not too strong not to go up.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I personally thought its been a fairly entertaining game... on 20:50 - Nov 5 with 854 viewsunstableblue

... we started brightly, faded,but when we have clicked via Nolan and earlier Judge, we've looked brighter... and we've hit the bar and post.

Rochdale are good technically.

Yes we need to improve significantly... and we will... but its not terrible like against Rotherham

Downes and KVY are big losses.

This is not Mickesque dross show

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What are we? on 20:50 - Nov 5 with 852 viewsSteve_M

I thought similar after Southend. Other than a really good spell after we went 2-0 up it was all a bit messy. It wasn't like that at Gillingham for example which was almost a model away win. I think Lambert is changing too much, there aren't really any partnerships forming, except up front, and that's pointless is the midfield has gone missing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What are we? on 21:48 - Nov 5 with 690 viewsLankHenners

So, a bit better, a decent first 10 in the 2nd half was enough in the end.

To be a bit cynical, we’re back into ‘not looking very good but getting results’ territory, but in a league lower. Which I guess is ok, even if it’s hard to feel too satisfied.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024