Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge... 08:19 - Nov 6 with 8969 viewsBlockJJ

Really hope someone comes in for him in January. Shoehorning him in to every team is a joke.

If he's played wide he drifts in and leaves us open (hence why their RB was having such a great time in the first half, and if we play him in the middle or behind the striker he hasn't reached acceptable levels (imho) this season.

Every time he got the ball yesterday he turned and went back... now I am all for keeping possession and playing along the back four when necessary but it was his first option; turn, and play it back.

Judge... on 08:21 - Nov 6 with 3817 viewsBlueBadger

If they do, we'll end up letting him go for very little, if anything. Should have sold in August. He flattered to deceive last season - Mullet wasn't calling him the 'statless messiah' for nothing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Judge... on 08:22 - Nov 6 with 3820 viewsBiGDonnie

I thought Judge played well last night.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Judge... on 08:22 - Nov 6 with 3825 viewsKeaneish

A primary victim of the squad rotation who’s getting worse and suffering for it. Edwards is another.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge... on 08:23 - Nov 6 with 3817 viewsGarv

He wasn’t the only one doing that. We were incredibly negative in our play last night.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Judge... on 08:24 - Nov 6 with 3796 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 08:22 - Nov 6 by Keaneish

A primary victim of the squad rotation who’s getting worse and suffering for it. Edwards is another.

Judge has been played far more than his performances have warranted - if anything those he's keeping out have been a victim of Lambert's apparent blind sport towards him. And Edwards is just plain rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Judge... on 08:34 - Nov 6 with 3762 viewsBiGDonnie

Judge... on 08:24 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Judge has been played far more than his performances have warranted - if anything those he's keeping out have been a victim of Lambert's apparent blind sport towards him. And Edwards is just plain rubbish.

Did you see the game last night? Again, I thought Edwards had a solid game at right back and I'd be keen to see him there again.

COYBs

Judge... on 08:39 - Nov 6 with 3745 viewsKeaneish

Judge... on 08:34 - Nov 6 by BiGDonnie

Did you see the game last night? Again, I thought Edwards had a solid game at right back and I'd be keen to see him there again.

I thought Edwards was very poor at right back. Allowed too many crosses into the box, made some poor decisions to either draw a foul or dally on the ball and got caught out. Not strong enough and lost the ball higher up the pitch on occasion which caused issues. Positionally he wasn’t great at times either.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge... on 08:43 - Nov 6 with 3729 viewshype313

Judge... on 08:23 - Nov 6 by Garv

He wasn’t the only one doing that. We were incredibly negative in our play last night.

Just goes to show how important Downes is for us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Judge... on 08:45 - Nov 6 with 3724 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 08:22 - Nov 6 by BiGDonnie

I thought Judge played well last night.

You've digged out Jackson on another thread and now this? I'm not sure what you were watching, fella.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge... on 08:48 - Nov 6 with 3712 viewsBiGDonnie

Judge... on 08:39 - Nov 6 by Keaneish

I thought Edwards was very poor at right back. Allowed too many crosses into the box, made some poor decisions to either draw a foul or dally on the ball and got caught out. Not strong enough and lost the ball higher up the pitch on occasion which caused issues. Positionally he wasn’t great at times either.

Defensively he needs some work, but he'll be an asset at rb IMO when KVY is out.

COYBs

Judge... on 08:49 - Nov 6 with 3704 viewsBiGDonnie

Judge... on 08:45 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

You've digged out Jackson on another thread and now this? I'm not sure what you were watching, fella.

It's hardly digging him out. He's not technical enough a lot of the time. Poor control & decision making the majority of the time.

COYBs

Judge... on 08:49 - Nov 6 with 3703 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 08:45 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Disagreed with his Jackson comment but I do think last night was one of Judge's better performances. Couple of decent efforts on goal and rolled up his sleeves and got stuck in for the cause.

There are still moments where he's thinking too much about passes and not acting on instinct, but it will come. When you consider what he's having to deal with away from the football pitch, some people should cut him some slack.
Judge... on 08:50 - Nov 6 with 3696 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 08:49 - Nov 6 by portmanking

Disagreed with his Jackson comment but I do think last night was one of Judge's better performances. Couple of decent efforts on goal and rolled up his sleeves and got stuck in for the cause.

There are still moments where he's thinking too much about passes and not acting on instinct, but it will come. When you consider what he's having to deal with away from the football pitch, some people should cut him some slack.

He was one of our poorer performers in a mediocre overall performance.

Judge... on 08:51 - Nov 6 with 3695 viewsblueysbackside

I'd keep him for the season. Whilst he's out of form - and has been for a while - he is an integral member of the squad. Dozzell is the one player we should sell in January and then splash out - if it's possible - on a brand-spanking new left back. For the sake of the team and the future of this club, Dozzell should be sold in order to strengthen the one position where we are clearly weak. Can you imagine if we had another KVY-type player on the left? Tasty.
Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 6 with 3636 viewsSteve_M

I see the TWTD swingmeter has gone from massively over-rating everything Judge did last season to massively under-rating everything this season. Standard really.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Judge... on 09:04 - Nov 6 with 3620 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

I see the TWTD swingmeter has gone from massively over-rating everything Judge did last season to massively under-rating everything this season. Standard really.

BuT HE'Z NOt GoT ENE ASITZ Or GOALZ!

Something like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Judge... on 09:05 - Nov 6 with 3616 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

I've been consistent in thinking he's very underwhelming in fairness.

Judge... on 09:05 - Nov 6 with 3618 viewsGarv

Judge... on 08:39 - Nov 6 by Keaneish

I described him as mixed in my post. He's definitely got positives and negatives to his full back game. For me it was probably more the latter last night.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Judge... on 09:06 - Nov 6 with 3607 viewsWickets

Judge... on 08:50 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

He was one of our poorer performers in a mediocre overall performance.

You really have got it in for Judge , Can i earn another woosh for this please !
Judge... on 09:12 - Nov 6 with 3577 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:06 - Nov 6 by Wickets

You really have got it in for Judge , Can i earn another woosh for this please !

I haven't got it in for him. I thought he was amongst our poorer performers. Both CBs better than him, Skuse and Rowe contributed more, probably Nolan too, I'd say Garbutt despite a couple of defensive lapses offered more as well. Judge had one shot that the keeper saved pretty comfortably but otherwise he didn't really do anything and his lack of positional discipline first half was a big contributor to us struggling and their youngster having a lot of joy down that flank. I'd make him amongst our poorer performers last night for sure. That's generally been the case pretty consistently this season, sadly. Everyone was saying he'd tear this league up, he's not even close being amongst our best five players this season.

Judge... on 09:25 - Nov 6 with 3506 viewsWickets

Judge... on 09:12 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

I haven't got it in for him. I thought he was amongst our poorer performers. Both CBs better than him, Skuse and Rowe contributed more, probably Nolan too, I'd say Garbutt despite a couple of defensive lapses offered more as well. Judge had one shot that the keeper saved pretty comfortably but otherwise he didn't really do anything and his lack of positional discipline first half was a big contributor to us struggling and their youngster having a lot of joy down that flank. I'd make him amongst our poorer performers last night for sure. That's generally been the case pretty consistently this season, sadly. Everyone was saying he'd tear this league up, he's not even close being amongst our best five players this season.

I think Judge will be the first to say he has not been great this season and yes your right that many seemed to think he would be too good for this league but that was never going to happen as he has missed too much football in the last few years and is now 30 ish . I think as the season goes on he can be a vital cog in this team too many are singling him out because of the expectation level . Its a team game and he can be a big part of the team.
Judge... on 09:26 - Nov 6 with 3494 viewsBlockJJ

Judge... on 08:21 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

If they do, we'll end up letting him go for very little, if anything. Should have sold in August. He flattered to deceive last season - Mullet wasn't calling him the 'statless messiah' for nothing.

Sadly if we sold in August ME would have been crucified.
Judge... on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 3488 viewsBlockJJ

Judge... on 08:23 - Nov 6 by Garv

Maybe, but he is meant to be the 'player' in our squad. His first action should not be turn to face backwards and play. When required to do so it's fine, but most of the time yesterday it was not required, just the easy option.
Judge... on 09:29 - Nov 6 with 3478 viewsN2_Blue

Think there is a lot of unfair comment on Judge.
It's clear he's not been at his best, and he has way more ability than we have seen, but he has openly admitted he's struggled for form and it seems there are quite valid reasons for this.

Obviously personal problems and missing pre-season have had an impact but the biggest thing he has mentioned is he has clearly lost a bit of confidence because of the way he has been playing.

I play football regularly, not to any great standard, but after a fairly long absence this year, I just seemingly cannot play to the same level as before....I keep beating myself up about it and it's all completely down to confidence. I'm the same player, same legs but timing has gone when I shoot, crosses over or underhit, constantly feel pressure on the ball even when i have time. Now i'm finally slowly getting confidence back as things i do come off, but what i thought may take a few games has taken me over 3 months. This is the first time I've really appreciated the impact confidence has on a player and the absolute hollow feeling of desperation, and letting team mates down when you seemingly can't play to the standard that you were before.

We really should get behind the guy if the manager seems fit to select him and not knock him as I imagine that is only going to make the situation 10 times worse for AJ. If the manager thinks form and mindset of AJ is not good enough, then he won't select him, but he's obviously seeing enough in training to see him as a starter. Let's support the guy as we are more likely to see the player we want to rather than by criticizing him online. I really hope he doesn't read these threads as it won't help his confidence.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 9:41]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Judge... on 09:30 - Nov 6 with 3470 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:25 - Nov 6 by Wickets

I think Judge will be the first to say he has not been great this season and yes your right that many seemed to think he would be too good for this league but that was never going to happen as he has missed too much football in the last few years and is now 30 ish . I think as the season goes on he can be a vital cog in this team too many are singling him out because of the expectation level . Its a team game and he can be a big part of the team.

I hope he does go on to make a positive contribution. Thus far he's been poor by any standard, without taking account of him being one of our top paid players and someone who people said was too good for this level. Regarding the football he's missed, he made well over 30 appearances last season. I don't think that's all that much of an excuse anymore. I worry he won't ever get back to being close to the player he used to be, but I hope that's not the case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024