Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line up for the Cups 11:06 - Nov 6 with 3516 viewspointofblue

Considering we have Colchester in the Trophy followed by, presumably, an eleven day break I’d
prefer to see us put out a strong XI against Lincoln:

Norris, Woolfenden, Garbutt, Wilson, Chambers, Rowe, Georgiou, Skuse, Downes, Jackson, Norwood

We can then rotate players for the Colchester match:

Holy, Donacien, Kenlock, Wilson, Nsiala, Dobra, Edwards, Huws, Nolan, Judge, Keane

Unfortunately I fear we won’t see our strongest XI against the Imps and could easily go out at the first hurdle - again.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:14]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Line up for the Cups on 11:11 - Nov 6 with 3488 viewsKieran_Knows

Saturday;
Holy
Edwards Wilson Chambers Garbutt
Georgiou Skuse Downes Rowe
Jackson Norwood

Tuesday;
Norris
Donacien Wilson Nsiala Woolfenden Kenlock
Huws Dozzell Nolan
Keane Roberts (if fit)

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Line up for the Cups on 11:14 - Nov 6 with 3476 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 11:11 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

Saturday;
Holy
Jackson Norwood

Tuesday;
Norris
Huws Dozzell Nolan
Keane Roberts (if fit)

Can Georgiou play right wing? Rowe is definitely better on the left so it’d be interesting to see them that way round.
I can’t bear the thought of another game with Edwards at right back. He is not a right back and any half decent winger will make mincemeat of him.
I don’t think Donacien and Kenlock are wing backs; reasonable full backs at this level but not wing backs.
I completely forgot about Nsiala; will put him in for Ndaba.

Line up for the Cups on 11:20 - Nov 6 with 3462 viewsclive_baker

Sack the Colchester cup off.

Strong lineup Saturday though:

Norris
Chambers Wolf Wilson
Edwards Garbutt
Downes Dozzell Huws
Norwood Jackson

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Line up for the Cups on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

You'll need to get Dozzell in for the Saturday game as he'll likely be away for the Col U game and needs a start.

I'd like to see a stronger team against Lincoln but doubt that we will - both will have a number of changes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line up for the Cups on 11:24 - Nov 6 with 3444 viewsITFCBlues

Line up for the Cups on 11:11 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

Saturday;
Holy
Jackson Norwood

Tuesday;
Norris
Huws Dozzell Nolan
Keane Roberts (if fit)

Dozzell will be on international duty next week.

Saturday for me

Holy

Kenlock Wilson Chambo Donacien

Downes Dozzell

Rowe Huws Geoegiou

Keane

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Line up for the Cups on 11:28 - Nov 6 with 3431 viewsActionMan

We should try to play our strongest 11 for both IMO where possible.

We'll get given a bit of a game at Colchester as they will view it as a scalp despite it being in a Cup competition, it won't be like the pre-season game was I don't suspect and we should try and roll over Lincoln as well and actually make some progress there too.

While I don't expect Ipswich to win the FA Cup, I do expect us to win the EFL Trophy. We've got over 30 players on the books and given we exited the League Cup early as usual, and are 2 league games fewer than expected I am sure we can manage the 5 remaining games of the 7 total that competition requires without damaging our league form.

The huge boost the the clubs morale going back up to the Championship will be essential to our chances of staying up, or even pulling off a miracle double promotion.Plus winning at Wembley will be amazing for the younger fans who haven't seen it before and the prize money of just shy of £300k if we win all our games, which may seem small, could prove useful.
Line up for the Cups on 11:33 - Nov 6 with 3412 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 11:23 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

You'll need to get Dozzell in for the Saturday game as he'll likely be away for the Col U game and needs a start.

I'd like to see a stronger team against Lincoln but doubt that we will - both will have a number of changes

Forgot about that. Dobra, Georgiou, Downes and Judge will all presumably be away midweek too so if we want to give them game time then Saturday it is:

Norris, Woolfenden, Garbutt, Wilson, Chambers, Judge, Georgiou, Downes, Dozzell, Jackson, Norwood

With Dobra coming off the bench?

Then on Tuesday:

Holy, Donacien, Kenlock, Wilson, Nsiala, Skuse, Huws, Rowe, Edwards, Nolan, Keane

If we want to give the international players a run out it potentially weakens the Lincoln line up somewhat and arguably strengthens the Colchester XI.
I’m guessing Roberts is still out injured? Otherwise rest Skuse and play him up front with Keane.

Line up for the Cups on 11:38 - Nov 6 with 3403 viewslazyblue

I will be surprised if even two/three players remain from last nights game for Lincoln and personally I would play a completely different eleven too.
Login to get fewer ads

Line up for the Cups on 11:48 - Nov 6 with 3391 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 11:38 - Nov 6 by lazyblue

I will be surprised if even two/three players remain from last nights game for Lincoln and personally I would play a completely different eleven too.

For what benefit? We won’t have a League game for a fortnight and the only other match on the horizon is a Trophy match where we will be able to switch things around.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:48]

Line up for the Cups on 12:06 - Nov 6 with 3363 viewsrickw

When is Norwood's suspension (he got his 5th yellow last night) - is it just for league games or any?

Assuming he is missing, I'd go for:

________________Norris
____Woolfenden__Skuse__Wilson
Edwards_______________________Garbutt
__________Downes___Dozzell
________________Nolan
___________Keane____Jackson

Then
________________Holy
Donacien__Chambers_Nsiala_Kenlock
__________Huws____El Miz
Rowe___________________Georgiou
__________Norwood__Dobra

Realised I've missed out Judge, will Georgiou be available for the 2nd game or called up to Cyprus?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Line up for the Cups on 12:14 - Nov 6 with 3350 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 12:06 - Nov 6 by rickw

When is Norwood's suspension (he got his 5th yellow last night) - is it just for league games or any?

Assuming he is missing, I'd go for:

________________Norris
____Woolfenden__Skuse__Wilson
Edwards_______________________Garbutt
__________Downes___Dozzell
________________Nolan
___________Keane____Jackson

Then
________________Holy
Donacien__Chambers_Nsiala_Kenlock
__________Huws____El Miz
Rowe___________________Georgiou
__________Norwood__Dobra

Realised I've missed out Judge, will Georgiou be available for the 2nd game or called up to Cyprus?

As far as I’m aware Norwood’s suspension is just for league games so he’ll miss Blackpool. I think Georgiou will miss the second game due to international duty, as will Dobra.

Line up for the Cups on 12:43 - Nov 6 with 3301 viewsmonty_radio

Line up for the Cups on 11:33 - Nov 6 by pointofblue

Forgot about that. Dobra, Georgiou, Downes and Judge will all presumably be away midweek too so if we want to give them game time then Saturday it is:

Norris, Woolfenden, Garbutt, Wilson, Chambers, Judge, Georgiou, Downes, Dozzell, Jackson, Norwood

With Dobra coming off the bench?

Then on Tuesday:

Holy, Donacien, Kenlock, Wilson, Nsiala, Skuse, Huws, Rowe, Edwards, Nolan, Keane

If we want to give the international players a run out it potentially weakens the Lincoln line up somewhat and arguably strengthens the Colchester XI.
I’m guessing Roberts is still out injured? Otherwise rest Skuse and play him up front with Keane.

I think both teams will sadly be less strong than that, with more genuine U23s in the Tuesday line-up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Line up for the Cups on 13:08 - Nov 6 with 3258 viewsitfcjoe

Line up for the Cups on 12:14 - Nov 6 by pointofblue

As far as I’m aware Norwood’s suspension is just for league games so he’ll miss Blackpool. I think Georgiou will miss the second game due to international duty, as will Dobra.

I don't think georgiou is away on international duty this time - sure Brennar mentioned it on the commentry

Line up for the Cups on 13:45 - Nov 6 with 3178 viewsrickw

Line up for the Cups on 12:43 - Nov 6 by monty_radio

I think both teams will sadly be less strong than that, with more genuine U23s in the Tuesday line-up.

I can see some merit in giving our 2 senior players a break (Chambers and Skuse) but for the rest I think missing both games would do more harm than good - play a near full strength team Sat and then rest the XI for Tuesday

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Line up for the Cups on 14:31 - Nov 6 with 3106 viewsFtnfwest

Should we more sensibly be playing the Oxford game. That and the other upcoming matches are all nicely spread out (can you still have cup replays?) If we postpone it, it's far more likely to cause congestion later in the season isn't it?
Normally I'd agree but..... on 14:59 - Nov 6 with 3072 viewsBloots

Line up for the Cups on 14:31 - Nov 6 by Ftnfwest

Should we more sensibly be playing the Oxford game. That and the other upcoming matches are all nicely spread out (can you still have cup replays?) If we postpone it, it's far more likely to cause congestion later in the season isn't it?

....the lack of Norwood, Judge and (most probably) KVY would actually be an issue.

Plus they are on fire at the moment.

Swerve it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Normally I'd agree but..... on 15:44 - Nov 6 with 3002 viewsFtnfwest

Normally I'd agree but..... on 14:59 - Nov 6 by Bloots

....the lack of Norwood, Judge and (most probably) KVY would actually be an issue.

Plus they are on fire at the moment.

Swerve it.

Fair points, but as a result i'd go for it in the Cup then and field a reasonably strong 11
Totally agree, I'll accept a couple..... on 15:49 - Nov 6 with 2990 viewsBloots

Normally I'd agree but..... on 15:44 - Nov 6 by Ftnfwest

Fair points, but as a result i'd go for it in the Cup then and field a reasonably strong 11

.....of changes, but there really isn't any reason not to play as strong a side as we can on Saturday.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Line up for the Cups on 15:50 - Nov 6 with 2982 viewsIpswichKnight

Think Dobra might still have one more game left of his ban so can't play on Saturday but might be wrong on that. Would like to see El Mis get a game at some point too.

Saturday

Holy
Edwards Wilson Chambers Kenlock

Downes El Mis Huws

Dozzell

Keane Roberts

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a few youngsters on Saturday as well.
Line up for the Cups on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 2947 viewsPhilTWTD

Line up for the Cups on 15:50 - Nov 6 by IpswichKnight

Think Dobra might still have one more game left of his ban so can't play on Saturday but might be wrong on that. Would like to see El Mis get a game at some point too.

Saturday

Holy
Edwards Wilson Chambers Kenlock

Downes El Mis Huws

Dozzell

Keane Roberts

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a few youngsters on Saturday as well.

Dobra's served his ban and I don't think it would count for the FA Cup anyway.
Line up for the Cups on 16:25 - Nov 6 with 2899 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 13:08 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

I don't think georgiou is away on international duty this time - sure Brennar mentioned it on the commentry

Interesting - I'd still play him against Lincoln rather than Colchester though!

Totally agree, I'll accept a couple..... on 17:08 - Nov 6 with 2858 viewsstrikalite

Totally agree, I'll accept a couple..... on 15:49 - Nov 6 by Bloots

.....of changes, but there really isn't any reason not to play as strong a side as we can on Saturday.

Agree, but you know he won't, he's more or less said so..

Though a team including Dobra, Dozz and Huws could be seen as an even stronger side..
Line up for the Cups on 17:54 - Nov 6 with 2825 viewsitfcjoe

Just saw on back of paper PL said anyone who played 90 last night won’t be playing

Line up for the Cups on 18:11 - Nov 6 with 2803 viewspointofblue

Line up for the Cups on 17:54 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

Just saw on back of paper PL said anyone who played 90 last night won’t be playing

Which means no Norris, Edwards, Garbutt, Woolfenden, Chambers, Skuse, Nolan or Jackson.

Perhaps:
Holy, Donacien, Kenlock, Nsiala, Wilson, Dobra, Georgiou, Huws, Dozzell, Keane, Norwood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024