Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat 14:20 - Nov 6 with 6968 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/06/brazil-flat-earth-conference-terra

Worrying times summed up rather excellently by a Brazilian professor:

“The internet gives a voice to these idiots”

Never a truer word spoken.

This is a new one on me, how can anyone take someone who says this seriously:

"Carvalho — who has also claimed Pepsi was sweetened with aborted foetuses"

Not surprisingly he's an acquaintance of Bannon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:36 - Nov 6 with 2600 viewsjeera

We're going backwards.

There's so much to learn, so many new discoveries all the time, yet there seems to be an element who only want to undo the learning and run away from anything that threatens their beliefs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:37 - Nov 6 with 2596 viewsSpruceMoose

According to some folk on here, people believe all the incorrect things that they believe because the people who know them to be incorrect repeatedly tell them that the thing the believe isn't true. Basically, trying to educate someone is a bad thing.

So really, blame the people who know that the Earth isn't flat and try to get the truth out there. Basically, it is all your fault Stokie.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 14:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 with 2580 viewsStokieBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:37 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

According to some folk on here, people believe all the incorrect things that they believe because the people who know them to be incorrect repeatedly tell them that the thing the believe isn't true. Basically, trying to educate someone is a bad thing.

So really, blame the people who know that the Earth isn't flat and try to get the truth out there. Basically, it is all your fault Stokie.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 14:40]

SB

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 with 2575 viewsfooters

Someone should tell 'em it ain't.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 with 2574 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

SB

No! You must try LESS!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 with 2571 viewsDanTheMan

My personal favourite video on Flat Earth

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:42 - Nov 6 with 2557 viewsStokieBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 by DanTheMan

My personal favourite video on Flat Earth

Have you seen "Behind the Curve" on Netflix?

The best bits are where their own experiments designed to prove the Earth is flat keep proving it's not.

SB

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:44 - Nov 6 with 2545 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:42 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

The best bits are where their own experiments designed to prove the Earth is flat keep proving it's not.

SB

Obviously the issue is with the experiment, not the results they keep on getting, SB.

Login to get fewer ads

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:44 - Nov 6 with 2542 viewsclive_baker

I think he's right about Pepsi to be fair. Certainly explains the taste.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:49 - Nov 6 with 2535 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:44 - Nov 6 by clive_baker

I think he's right about Pepsi to be fair. Certainly explains the taste.

Little known fact. Pepsi started out life being called Poopsi, as it used bat guano as it's base. You might think this is absurd but consider for a moment that it is still going on to this day in the manufacture of certain coffees.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:56 - Nov 6 with 2523 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Any reason why you can confidently state that 11m Brazilians are idiots for believing the world is flat and following the word of other idiots despite their being proof the world is round, when I am not permitted from suggesting a similar number of people in this country are idiots for believing in things equally as ridiculous?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:01 - Nov 6 with 2508 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:36 - Nov 6 by jeera

We're going backwards.

There's so much to learn, so many new discoveries all the time, yet there seems to be an element who only want to undo the learning and run away from anything that threatens their beliefs.

Half of the 7 billion plus people on this planet still believe in stories that were made up to explain the things that science had yet to conquer and explain.

What chance have these people got? Despite meteorologists clearly explaining why tornadoes happen, you have a hundred million people in American that think the natural disaster has been caused by David and Matthew holding hands in broad daylight.

How can you reason with anyone that doesn't think it's odd the bible only mentions animals within a short distance of the bit where Jesus was from?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:02 - Nov 6 with 2507 viewsStokieBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:56 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Any reason why you can confidently state that 11m Brazilians are idiots for believing the world is flat and following the word of other idiots despite their being proof the world is round, when I am not permitted from suggesting a similar number of people in this country are idiots for believing in things equally as ridiculous?

Right - getting pretty tired of this now. Your posts yesterday was appalling as was highlighted by a number of posters, not just myself. You should be ashamed rather than pressing an non-existent point at every opportunity.

This post in particular is a false equivalence. I haven't made any statements about the people involved, I quoted a professor who states the people pushing it on the internet are idiots, not the people believing it. Perhaps you should read more carefully.

You spent 4 or 5 posts calling people all kinds of things and insinuating they didn't deserve a vote of equal weighting to yours among other unsavoury things. I would also say that believing the world is flat and pushing that view upon people is far more ridiculous than what you were pushing yesterday.

I would kindly ask you to stop rewriting history is such a pathetic manner and perhaps take some time to reflect on your nasty posts from yesterday.

SB
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 15:05]

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:05 - Nov 6 with 2492 viewsNewcyBlue

You think that’s crazy? 17.4 million people voted for Brexit....

The world has gone mad.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:06 - Nov 6 with 2484 viewsSwansea_Blue

"The internet gives a voice to these idiots"

As proven by the OP!

Sad and scary in equal measure isn't it SB. I'm not sure what the answer is as people as so impressionable on one hand but then stubbornly adhere to their newfound beliefs in the face of evidence on the other.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:06 - Nov 6 with 2455 viewsjjblue84

Not unusual for a country that has real poverty! What’s our excuse???
11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:07 - Nov 6 with 2481 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:06 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

"The internet gives a voice to these idiots"

As proven by the OP!

Sad and scary in equal measure isn't it SB. I'm not sure what the answer is as people as so impressionable on one hand but then stubbornly adhere to their newfound beliefs in the face of evidence on the other.

At this point we can only hope that the few people who survive the coming apocalypse do a much better job when creating Society 2.0.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:11 - Nov 6 with 2461 viewsSwansea_Blue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:07 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

At this point we can only hope that the few people who survive the coming apocalypse do a much better job when creating Society 2.0.

Sounds like there won't be many Brazilians around in Society 2.0. Waxing salons are going to have a tough time of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:15 - Nov 6 with 2443 viewshomer_123

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:01 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Half of the 7 billion plus people on this planet still believe in stories that were made up to explain the things that science had yet to conquer and explain.

What chance have these people got? Despite meteorologists clearly explaining why tornadoes happen, you have a hundred million people in American that think the natural disaster has been caused by David and Matthew holding hands in broad daylight.

How can you reason with anyone that doesn't think it's odd the bible only mentions animals within a short distance of the bit where Jesus was from?

If you tell me Father Christmas doesn't exist - that's it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:15 - Nov 6 with 2443 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:11 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

Sounds like there won't be many Brazilians around in Society 2.0. Waxing salons are going to have a tough time of it.

I'm sure, somehow, David Luiz will survive.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:17 - Nov 6 with 2433 viewsDanTheMan

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:42 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

SB

Not yet, it's on my list though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:18 - Nov 6 with 2434 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:02 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

Right - getting pretty tired of this now. Your posts yesterday was appalling as was highlighted by a number of posters, not just myself. You should be ashamed rather than pressing an non-existent point at every opportunity.

This post in particular is a false equivalence. I haven't made any statements about the people involved, I quoted a professor who states the people pushing it on the internet are idiots, not the people believing it. Perhaps you should read more carefully.

You spent 4 or 5 posts calling people all kinds of things and insinuating they didn't deserve a vote of equal weighting to yours among other unsavoury things. I would also say that believing the world is flat and pushing that view upon people is far more ridiculous than what you were pushing yesterday.

I would kindly ask you to stop rewriting history is such a pathetic manner and perhaps take some time to reflect on your nasty posts from yesterday.

SB
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 15:05]

Have you thought of becoming a Tory politician?

You have a wonderful way of evading any criticism, making worse comments about people that they make about you, wrapping it up in a bit of eloquent language and claiming the moral high ground.

I stated quite clearly yesterday that everyone is equally entitled to a vote, but stated it was disappointing that for every well thought out vote, made by that person based on their own beliefs and circumstances that it was effectively wiped out with a lazy vote from someone who believed whatever fashionable lie or rhetoric was spread without due consideration.

You on the other hand, tried a thinly veiled attempt at suggesting my comments about people with limited intelligence counting for a significant proportion of votes made me as bad as people that were racist of xenophobic - which you were called out on.

By your own rules my opinion is not valid because you don't agree with it, but at the same time you get to apparently govern what is acceptable to the rest of society - even when people disagree with it.

Double standards of the highest order.

I don't need any time to reflect on my posts yesterday and you've clearly not taken the time to do so. For all the posts I made yesterday which you find 'appalling', you made a comparison about me far worse than anything I said.

I'd direct you to a mirror but you're not doubt too busy wrapping up your next reply with the words of Oscar Wilde and the integrity of Donald Trump.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:19 - Nov 6 with 2424 viewsBlueBadger

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:56 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Is the answer 'give over you great fanny'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:20 - Nov 6 with 2423 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:05 - Nov 6 by NewcyBlue

You think that’s crazy? 17.4 million people voted for Brexit....

The world has gone mad.

Careful. Stokie will be after you.

You are not allowed to point out how ridiculous it is that people are able to make such a significant decision with absolutely no knowledge of what was proposed to happen once we left.

He's allowed to share articles where other people call people stupid. But you can't do it yourself. Unless you're a professor.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:20 - Nov 6 with 2414 viewsfooters

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:19 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Is the answer 'give over you great fanny'?

No, let it keep going. It's funny.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024