Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat 14:20 - Nov 6 with 6972 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/06/brazil-flat-earth-conference-terra

Worrying times summed up rather excellently by a Brazilian professor:

“The internet gives a voice to these idiots”

Never a truer word spoken.

This is a new one on me, how can anyone take someone who says this seriously:

"Carvalho — who has also claimed Pepsi was sweetened with aborted foetuses"

Not surprisingly he's an acquaintance of Bannon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:23 - Nov 6 with 2606 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:20 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Careful. Stokie will be after you.

You are not allowed to point out how ridiculous it is that people are able to make such a significant decision with absolutely no knowledge of what was proposed to happen once we left.

He's allowed to share articles where other people call people stupid. But you can't do it yourself. Unless you're a professor.

Wow, he really rattled you yesterday eh Dan Ford?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:30 - Nov 6 with 2582 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:23 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

Wow, he really rattled you yesterday eh Dan Ford?

I think it is he who was rattled, having been called out on his poor performance.

He's the Alan Judge of the forum. An excellent poster in the past who has struggled this season for form.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:32 - Nov 6 with 2570 viewsStokieBlue

You are not allowed to point out how ridiculous it is that people are able to make such a significant decision with absolutely no knowledge of what was proposed to happen once we left.

He's allowed to share articles where other people call people stupid. But you can't do it yourself. Unless you're a professor.

You're embarrassing yourself now. I suggest you go back and read that thread and your posts - a number of posters reached the same conclusion as me. Herby summed it up nicely I thought:

Can we believe anything the Tories say? by Herbivore 5 Nov 2019 14:14
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're coming across as a bit of a dick.

Rather than chase me around the board spouting false equivalences you should muse on your own behaviour and views. It might also be advisable to actually read what people are posting before you try and attack them.

SB

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:33 - Nov 6 with 2559 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:30 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think it is he who was rattled, having been called out on his poor performance.

He's the Alan Judge of the forum. An excellent poster in the past who has struggled this season for form.

You're not fit to lace his boots to be fair matey. He's mugged you right off here and not even broken a sweat.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:41 - Nov 6 with 2521 viewswkj

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:32 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

You're embarrassing yourself now. I suggest you go back and read that thread and your posts - a number of posters reached the same conclusion as me. Herby summed it up nicely I thought:

Can we believe anything the Tories say? by Herbivore 5 Nov 2019 14:14
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're coming across as a bit of a dick.

Rather than chase me around the board spouting false equivalences you should muse on your own behaviour and views. It might also be advisable to actually read what people are posting before you try and attack them.

SB

Are you causing more problems Stokie? I see the LeftBumfest have got their claws into you now too! First kinnockers, now you! SMH

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:45 - Nov 6 with 2501 viewskinnockers

Glenys prefers a Hollywood.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:47 - Nov 6 with 2493 viewsStokieBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:18 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Have you thought of becoming a Tory politician?

You have a wonderful way of evading any criticism, making worse comments about people that they make about you, wrapping it up in a bit of eloquent language and claiming the moral high ground.

I stated quite clearly yesterday that everyone is equally entitled to a vote, but stated it was disappointing that for every well thought out vote, made by that person based on their own beliefs and circumstances that it was effectively wiped out with a lazy vote from someone who believed whatever fashionable lie or rhetoric was spread without due consideration.

You on the other hand, tried a thinly veiled attempt at suggesting my comments about people with limited intelligence counting for a significant proportion of votes made me as bad as people that were racist of xenophobic - which you were called out on.

By your own rules my opinion is not valid because you don't agree with it, but at the same time you get to apparently govern what is acceptable to the rest of society - even when people disagree with it.

Double standards of the highest order.

I don't need any time to reflect on my posts yesterday and you've clearly not taken the time to do so. For all the posts I made yesterday which you find 'appalling', you made a comparison about me far worse than anything I said.

I'd direct you to a mirror but you're not doubt too busy wrapping up your next reply with the words of Oscar Wilde and the integrity of Donald Trump.

That is once again a rewriting of history. Your posts were awful and you know it.

Nobody called me out on it except for you because everyone was thinking the exact same
thing about your posts.

"You on the other hand, tried a thinly veiled attempt at suggesting my comments about people with limited intelligence counting for a significant proportion of votes made me as bad as people that were racist of xenophobic - which you were called out on."

This is incorrect. I said that you were demonising an entire section of society based on their intelligence in a very similar way they tend to demonise people for being foreigners. Both things are unacceptable and incorrect generalisations that should be challenged. The fact you feel that one is fine and one isn't it's something I can't help you with.

The integrity of Donald Trump? My word.

SB

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:48 - Nov 6 with 2486 viewsDanTheMan

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:41 - Nov 6 by wkj

Are you causing more problems Stokie? I see the LeftBumfest have got their claws into you now too! First kinnockers, now you! SMH

Oh it's far more than just our claws.

The entry requirements are very thorough.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:48 - Nov 6 with 2483 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:47 - Nov 6 by StokieBlue

That is once again a rewriting of history. Your posts were awful and you know it.

Nobody called me out on it except for you because everyone was thinking the exact same
thing about your posts.

"You on the other hand, tried a thinly veiled attempt at suggesting my comments about people with limited intelligence counting for a significant proportion of votes made me as bad as people that were racist of xenophobic - which you were called out on."

This is incorrect. I said that you were demonising an entire section of society based on their intelligence in a very similar way they tend to demonise people for being foreigners. Both things are unacceptable and incorrect generalisations that should be challenged. The fact you feel that one is fine and one isn't it's something I can't help you with.

The integrity of Donald Trump? My word.

SB

He properly sh!t the bed with that last comment.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:51 - Nov 6 with 2472 viewswkj

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:48 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

He properly sh!t the bed with that last comment.

That post takes a lot to wrap around I must say.

Crybaby

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:53 - Nov 6 with 2455 viewsSwansea_Blue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:51 - Nov 6 by wkj

That post takes a lot to wrap around I must say.

Trust you to bring it back to wraparounds

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:55 - Nov 6 with 2448 viewswkj

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:53 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

Trust you to bring it back to wraparounds

Crybaby

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:20 - Nov 6 with 2409 viewsBlueBadger

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:30 - Nov 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Does this make you the Toto Nsiala? Ostensibly looks a bit big and tough but is far more likely to drop any number of ridiculous before getting carded for a man-not-the-ball lunge?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:33 - Nov 6 with 2382 viewsjeera

Bollox - your approach was entirely different.

And now you're just chasing another poster around for the sake of it.

All you had to do was put your hands up and say your wording was all wrong or similar.

Your assertion that some people are stupid was correct and your observation that Brexit is probably ridiculous is hardly a revelation either but your angle and choice of words was poor and possibly gave some insight into your character.

Here you are trying to trash another thread in bitterness.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:36 - Nov 6 with 2377 viewsNewcyBlue

Or SB will see my comment as a light hearted quip about the state of the world today.

To be fair it did seem in that other thread that you were suggesting those of a lower IQ should have lesser meaning votes. But I was also reading about Pegasus Bridge at the time, so that was far more interesting.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:40 - Nov 6 with 2370 viewsjeera

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:36 - Nov 6 by NewcyBlue

Or SB will see my comment as a light hearted quip about the state of the world today.

To be fair it did seem in that other thread that you were suggesting those of a lower IQ should have lesser meaning votes. But I was also reading about Pegasus Bridge at the time, so that was far more interesting.

"... I was also reading about Pegasus Bridge at the time".

The days must fly by Newcy.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:46 - Nov 6 with 2354 viewsNewcyBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:40 - Nov 6 by jeera

"... I was also reading about Pegasus Bridge at the time".

The days must fly by Newcy.

They sure do mate! It felt like just yesterday that I was staring out of a window looking at nothing but ocean and sky.

And it was. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that.....

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:52 - Nov 6 with 2343 viewsjeera

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:46 - Nov 6 by NewcyBlue

They sure do mate! It felt like just yesterday that I was staring out of a window looking at nothing but ocean and sky.

And it was. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that.....

I've got this vision of there being a library on board, but with only one book.

"Who's got the book out this week - you know, the one on bridges?"
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:53]

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:56 - Nov 6 with 2334 viewsMeadowlark

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 14:39 - Nov 6 by DanTheMan

My personal favourite video on Flat Earth

Just watched that. Hilarious!
Thanks for the link!
11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:00 - Nov 6 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 15:20 - Nov 6 by footers

No, let it keep going. It's funny.

I think we're in meltdown territory here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:18 - Nov 6 with 2309 viewsNewcyBlue

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 16:52 - Nov 6 by jeera

I've got this vision of there being a library on board, but with only one book.

"Who's got the book out this week - you know, the one on bridges?"
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:53]

Pegasus bridge is a bridge in France. It was captured by Major Howard and his men of D Company, a glider borne assault force. It’s a remarkable story.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:19 - Nov 6 with 2311 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nobody seriously believes the flat earth movement is genuine. It is simply a creation to discredit those who hold other beliefs which we're not supposed to have.

Here's an example of how it works:

Let's say I believe that the hydrocarbons known as "fossil fuels" are not actually the result of decaying vegetable or animal matter and that in fact they are abiotic. Despite my belief being a minority one, in my defence I cite various scientific studies over the last 70 years from numerous countries.

Unfortunately for the "fossil fuelers", they can't scientifically demonstrate that oil is the result of decaying dinosaurs so they need to discredit those scientists who oppose them but clearly this isn't easy to do. So they saturate the narrative for decades with fears of "peak oil" and ensure that all school science books have a pictorial representation of how a dinosaur turns into oil over 65million years.

Then they invent a ridiculous group like "flat earthers". They give them plenty of column inches and over-generous air time and politely take them apart using real science. They also pay a couple of high profile sportsmen and a handful of rappers to publicly state that they too are flat earthers.

Then they set up a whole bunch of Flat Earth websites full of laughable "science" for the media to report on. On these sites there are also adverts for crystals and oils to balm your aching chakras in, as well as 100's of comments from other flat-earthers talking about the illuminati, moon landing conspiracies and fossil fuel denialism.

Job done.

In the linked Guardian article, there are at least two references to "climate change". The message is simple: "People who believe the Earth is flat also believe that AGW is a scam. Therefore AGW is real."

This is why "respectable" institutions like the BBC and the Guardian regularly feel the need to tell us how worrying such beliefs are. In reality, a 6 hour flight in a Boeing 747 will clear up any doubts about the earth being round, and let's face it, it's not the fact that anyone believes the earth to be flat that's a problem, it's all the other views they supposedly hold.

(At best, this post will earn one up vote in addition to the predictable 6 downvotes from the usual suspects. Thanks in advance for not disappointing me.)

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:20 - Nov 6 with 2305 viewsSpruceMoose

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:19 - Nov 6 by caught-in-limbo

Nobody seriously believes the flat earth movement is genuine. It is simply a creation to discredit those who hold other beliefs which we're not supposed to have.

Let's say I believe that the hydrocarbons known as "fossil fuels" are not actually the result of decaying vegetable or animal matter and that in fact they are abiotic. Despite my belief being a minority one, in my defence I cite various scientific studies over the last 70 years from numerous countries.

Unfortunately for the "fossil fuelers", they can't scientifically demonstrate that oil is the result of decaying dinosaurs so they need to discredit those scientists who oppose them but clearly this isn't easy to do. So they saturate the narrative for decades with fears of "peak oil" and ensure that all school science books have a pictorial representation of how a dinosaur turns into oil over 65million years.

Then they invent a ridiculous group like "flat earthers". They give them plenty of column inches and over-generous air time and politely take them apart using real science. They also pay a couple of high profile sportsmen and a handful of rappers to publicly state that they too are flat earthers.

Then they set up a whole bunch of Flat Earth websites full of laughable "science" for the media to report on. On these sites there are also adverts for crystals and oils to balm your aching chakras in, as well as 100's of comments from other flat-earthers talking about the illuminati, moon landing conspiracies and fossil fuel denialism.

Job done.

In the linked Guardian article, there are at least two references to "climate change". The message is simple: "People who believe the Earth is flat also believe that AGW is a scam. Therefore AGW is real."

This is why "respectable" institutions like the BBC and the Guardian regularly feel the need to tell us how worrying such beliefs are. In reality, a 6 hour flight in a Boeing 747 will clear up any doubts about the earth being round, and let's face it, it's not the fact that anyone believes the earth to be flat that's a problem, it's all the other views they supposedly hold.

(At best, this post will earn one up vote in addition to the predictable 6 downvotes from the usual suspects. Thanks in advance for not disappointing me.)

I doubt you'll get six downvotes. People stopped taking you seriously months ago. At most you'll get an eyeroll and will continue to be ignored.

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:21 - Nov 6 with 2301 viewsHerbivore

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:19 - Nov 6 by caught-in-limbo

Job done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:23 - Nov 6 with 2297 viewscaught-in-limbo

11m Brazilians believe the Earth is flat on 17:20 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

I doubt you'll get six downvotes. People stopped taking you seriously months ago. At most you'll get an eyeroll and will continue to be ignored.

Thanks for not ignoring me... again.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024