Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm knackered...... 15:37 - Nov 6 with 4843 viewsITFC_Forever

Coaches got back to PR at 3.15am and I was in bed 15 minutes later.

Managed to get some sleep on the way home (most of it), and was up at 6.30am this morning.

My eyes are stinging.

The things we do.....the getting home wasn't helped by wandering around Rochdale looking for the coaches after the game as they weren't where they dropped us off (outside the Ratcliff), they were parked half a mile up the road round a slight bend so you couldn't see them from the ground. Very helpful.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:52]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm knackered...... on 15:44 - Nov 6 with 3385 viewsclive_baker

Great effort.

COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm knackered...... on 16:04 - Nov 6 with 3298 viewsReuser_is_God

That's why you shouldn't travel on the window lickers bus!

Worth it though when we win.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:05]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm knackered...... on 16:06 - Nov 6 with 3293 viewsSitfcB

The things you do to tick a ground off.

I’m gutted I couldn’t go :((

Maybe we will get them in a cup in a few seasons.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm knackered...... on 16:07 - Nov 6 with 3293 viewsIllinoisblue

haven't been on a Travel Club coach for about 30 years - do they still do a collection for the driver on the way home?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm knackered...... on 16:08 - Nov 6 with 3278 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm knackered...... on 16:06 - Nov 6 by SitfcB

I've never done an away day in the north west, except Old Trafford obvs, so I'm going to make my mission to do one or two this year or next.

All proper football grounds up there apart from Bolton.

Evans out

I'm knackered...... on 16:10 - Nov 6 with 3281 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm knackered...... on 16:07 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

haven't been on a Travel Club coach for about 30 years - do they still do a collection for the driver on the way home?

We done one for ours on the way back from Gillingham (not official club travel) but I doubt he got more than £20, be was a fcking nightmare.

Evans out

I'm knackered...... on 16:17 - Nov 6 with 3216 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm knackered...... on 16:10 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

We done one for ours on the way back from Gillingham (not official club travel) but I doubt he got more than £20, be was a fcking nightmare.

What a coach!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm knackered...... on 16:19 - Nov 6 with 3215 viewsStowTractorBoy

I too got home at 3.15 a.m. We parked near the ground and what a mistake that was. It was gridlocked every turning we took. The mystery tour then commenced as apparently entry to M62 was closed so we ended up going through Huddersfield to join the M1. Then had signs telling us that junctions 31 to 35 on the A14 closed so had to go via Cambridge to get back on track. Thank heavens we won.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm knackered...... on 16:23 - Nov 6 with 3177 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm knackered...... on 16:19 - Nov 6 by StowTractorBoy

I too got home at 3.15 a.m. We parked near the ground and what a mistake that was. It was gridlocked every turning we took. The mystery tour then commenced as apparently entry to M62 was closed so we ended up going through Huddersfield to join the M1. Then had signs telling us that junctions 31 to 35 on the A14 closed so had to go via Cambridge to get back on track. Thank heavens we won.

You wouldn't think 3100 people would cause much traffic.....

I'm knackered...... on 16:26 - Nov 6 with 3150 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm knackered...... on 16:07 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

Yep.....

I go on them very occasionally, usually for a midweek away game up north which is more than 3 hours drive away - don't like to drive any further than that back at night after very nearly hitting the central reservation at 80 mph at 2am on the way back from Exeter a few years ago.

And they are still run by over-officious middle-aged women and their entourage who seem to think they are better than everyone else because they go to every single away game on the coaches.
Did get to meet Troy and some of his massif who were pleasant enough though.

I'm knackered...... on 16:26 - Nov 6 with 3154 viewsBasuco

I'm knackered...... on 16:06 - Nov 6 by SitfcB

Sorry to have to tell you, but, this was a great away day and a shame that it was an evening kickoff, brilliant chippie outside away end and a very large bar at the ground for all supporters. (Ratcliff's) Friendly and welcoming club. Hard work driving back with road closures on M62 and A14 but well worth it, although at 07:30 when alarm went off it was difficult to wake up.
I'm knackered...... on 16:27 - Nov 6 with 3145 viewsbrazil1982

I was home in 20 mins.

However I had just returned from Baku at 4pm...straight home, fed the cats then off to Rochdale. By the time I'd got to bed I had been up for 23 hours.
I'm knackered...... on 16:34 - Nov 6 with 3098 viewsLankHenners

I'm knackered...... on 16:26 - Nov 6 by ITFC_Forever

Yep.....

I go on them very occasionally, usually for a midweek away game up north which is more than 3 hours drive away - don't like to drive any further than that back at night after very nearly hitting the central reservation at 80 mph at 2am on the way back from Exeter a few years ago.

And they are still run by over-officious middle-aged women and their entourage who seem to think they are better than everyone else because they go to every single away game on the coaches.
Did get to meet Troy and some of his massif who were pleasant enough though.

Only ever been on one once a few years ago to Charlton (can't remember why I didn't drive or train it but must've been out of the question for some reason) and after the game went looking for the one I'd got on (number 6 I think). All the buses were parked out of numerical order so I was going up and down trying to find the right one before eventually finding it right at the back round a corner where you couldn't clearly see it. Got on and was tutted at by said over-officious middle-aged women making comments like 'number 6 is always at the back' like I was supposed to fcking know. Weird bunch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm knackered...... on 16:46 - Nov 6 with 3055 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm knackered...... on 16:34 - Nov 6 by LankHenners

Only ever been on one once a few years ago to Charlton (can't remember why I didn't drive or train it but must've been out of the question for some reason) and after the game went looking for the one I'd got on (number 6 I think). All the buses were parked out of numerical order so I was going up and down trying to find the right one before eventually finding it right at the back round a corner where you couldn't clearly see it. Got on and was tutted at by said over-officious middle-aged women making comments like 'number 6 is always at the back' like I was supposed to fcking know. Weird bunch.

I bet they still had a stop at Grantham.

They'd stop at Grantham for Portsmouth away.

Evans out

I'm knackered...... on 16:50 - Nov 6 with 3024 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm knackered...... on 16:26 - Nov 6 by Basuco

Sorry to have to tell you, but, this was a great away day and a shame that it was an evening kickoff, brilliant chippie outside away end and a very large bar at the ground for all supporters. (Ratcliff's) Friendly and welcoming club. Hard work driving back with road closures on M62 and A14 but well worth it, although at 07:30 when alarm went off it was difficult to wake up.

Yes, everyone who went seems to have the same opinion.

Evans out

I'm knackered...... on 16:50 - Nov 6 with 3026 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm knackered...... on 16:46 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

Nope..... Peterborough now.

It took us two bloody hours to get there as well, thanks to having to pick up in Stowmarket, BSE and Newmarket and also the A14 roadworks and the detour they took to avoid them.

I'm knackered...... on 16:51 - Nov 6 with 3016 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm knackered...... on 16:50 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, everyone who went seems to have the same opinion.

Basuco got it spot on.

Middle-aged travel club women apart, it was a great night out and well-worth the stinging eyes today.

I'm knackered...... on 16:58 - Nov 6 with 2984 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm knackered...... on 16:50 - Nov 6 by ITFC_Forever

Nope..... Peterborough now.

It took us two bloody hours to get there as well, thanks to having to pick up in Stowmarket, BSE and Newmarket and also the A14 roadworks and the detour they took to avoid them.

I do like Peterborough services.

I drive to Nottingham a fair bit & always have a wry smile when I pass Grantham & am reminded of the Galloway days.

Evans out

I'm knackered...... on 17:03 - Nov 6 with 2944 viewsITFC_Forever

And on the subject of the coaches, following on from the non-renewal of the Galloway contract in favour of Norse, it wasn't Norse that took us yesterday, it was Clarkes (who apparently are owned by the first team's coach company, Kinsgferry).

The hot gossip amongst the middle-aged women was that Norse had left the contract as the club hadn't been paying them. They felt pretty deflated when the story actually came out that Clarkes stepped in at the last minute as there was a mis-communication around the re-arrangement of the fixture.

I can remember Galloway getting the coach contract from Eastern National in Spring 1990.... TWTD. Every coach had a flag at least and had 15-16 year olds from schools across Ipswich on the back half a dozen rows of each coach.

I'm knackered...... on 17:03 - Nov 6 with 2937 viewscarlisleaway

Back in Bury at 2.30 but as you have all said the diversion on the M62and A14 did not help.....did you end up driving through Cambridge. Good away following and club bar was excellent giving them some extra revenue. The fish was very good but could have eaten double the portion we got.
Thought Skuse, Garbutt, Chambers and Jackson put in a good shift.
I'm knackered...... on 17:14 - Nov 6 with 2909 viewsTractorCam

You must have been next to me on the back row?

Always an experience on them coaches, desperate times and all that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I'm knackered...... on 17:15 - Nov 6 with 2904 viewshatch

Went to the Flying Horse in town after the game which was a lovely boozer. They started a pub quiz in there at 10:15pm too - bizarre. Saw a few other town fans in there and then got one of the last trains back to Manchester before returning to London this morning.
I'm knackered...... on 17:24 - Nov 6 with 2866 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm knackered...... on 17:14 - Nov 6 by TractorCam

You must have been next to me on the back row?

Always an experience on them coaches, desperate times and all that.

Were you the one who got on and off at Norwich Rd bridge and was concerned about your car still being in one piece?

I'm knackered...... on 18:28 - Nov 6 with 2687 viewsTractorCam

I'm knackered...... on 17:24 - Nov 6 by ITFC_Forever

Were you the one who got on and off at Norwich Rd bridge and was concerned about your car still being in one piece?

Yes.... happy to report my car was still there

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I'm knackered...... on 19:19 - Nov 6 with 2598 viewsAce_High1

I'm knackered...... on 16:46 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

Haha that made me laugh, yes they always used to stop there.

TWTD back when me and my mates were 14 and travelling around on the coaches to all of the away games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024