Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political correctness gone mad (again)? 17:39 - Nov 6 with 2566 viewsfooters

I was in the local supermarket earlier today with the DW and DS (8) (off school at the minute with suspected CMDLD) and had the fright of my life in the cereal aisle...

It seems the cowardly barstewards at Raisio Group have rebranded Sugar Puffs as Honey Monster Puffs. Now, I remember when Coco Pops did this back in the day and all hell broke loose.

When this happened with Coco Pops I vividly remember there being a phone-in poll aimed at kids from that happy-go-lucky monkey and his jungle friends.

Is it worse to name one of the principle ingredients on the pack as its brand name, or to insidiously promote its consumption to kiddies through cute, cuddly characters? Or are both fine? If this beast appeared in my bedroom at night, I'd sh1t a brick... PC gone mad? Penny for your thoughts, TWTD...

[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 19:01]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:43 - Nov 7 with 398 viewswkj

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:42 - Nov 7 by footers

Morning wkj,

Hope you're well :) I'm loving the new avatar! Is there a story behind it? Or do you just like the picture?

My avatars always tell a story there footers. The current avatar is a nod to poor Phil that must be feeling much older than he really is during the election season. Remember his preseason sun hat? WKJ remembers.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:44]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:45 - Nov 7 with 393 viewsSouperJim

Removed the word "sugar" to appeal to the gullible modern parent, bewildered by capitalism, innit. What we need is government-owned cereal factories, pumping out nutritionally balanced artificially sweetened near-puffs or something.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:47 - Nov 7 with 385 viewswkj

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:45 - Nov 7 by SouperJim

Removed the word "sugar" to appeal to the gullible modern parent, bewildered by capitalism, innit. What we need is government-owned cereal factories, pumping out nutritionally balanced artificially sweetened near-puffs or something.

I'd rather not have a bowl of Bojo Pops.

Crybaby

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 374 viewswkj

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:43 - Nov 7 by BigManBlue

I'm just trying to make the most of these final few days before our bittersweet parting. In totally unrelated news, Kleenex shares are predicted to skyrocket this month...

You last sentence could take on a number of meanings, some more sinister than others.

Crybaby

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 19:35 - Nov 7 with 337 viewsfooters

Political correctness gone mad (again)? on 09:45 - Nov 7 by SouperJim

Seems that way, mate. Covering up the truth with a simple switch in marketing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024