Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger 17:44 - Nov 6 with 4069 viewsbournemouthblue

up there with Milliband and his bacon butty eating?

The Tories have basically fallen straight into the Labour Party's People versus the Rich narrative through sheer incompetence

To top that off, Day One virtually of Dominic Cummings digital strategy has been exposed with this idiotic attack video in the style Leave.EU have been getting away for years without many complaints, partly because they were preaching to the converted. It's a bit different when people from other areas see it.

As Campaign Launch days go, it really has been shambolic!

[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 17:47]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 17:49 - Nov 6 with 3045 viewsbrazil1982

If this is all labour have got then it's a sad state of affairs.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 17:57 - Nov 6 with 3032 viewsbournemouthblue

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 17:49 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

If this is all labour have got then it's a sad state of affairs.

You're taking 1 and 1 and getting 5 there

All we know from Boris thus far is that he wants to get Brexit 'done'

As people have already said, their 'Britain Deserves Better' slogan is tragically ironic
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 17:58]

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:03 - Nov 6 with 3013 viewsblueislander

I don’t think you can compare the two. Milliband was just made to look a bit of a twit whereas Rees Mogg was obnoxious.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:12 - Nov 6 with 2986 viewstractordownsouth

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 17:57 - Nov 6 by bournemouthblue

You're taking 1 and 1 and getting 5 there

All we know from Boris thus far is that he wants to get Brexit 'done'

As people have already said, their 'Britain Deserves Better' slogan is tragically ironic
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 17:58]

I had an argument with a bloke on my uni course who, without irony, said that I should vote Tory because they’re pledging money for the NHS and police 😂

I was also discussing the prospect of another referendum, and I stated that I believe Labour’s policy of a deal vs remain would be the most democratic, as it focuses on the reality of Brexit rather than the dodgy Vote Leave promises. He then said it was right to have another election because Labour MPs haven’t delivered Brexit, which they said they would in 2017, but that a clear referendum ( a specific deal vs remain) after a change of circumstances would be undemocratic...

The hypocrisy is unbelievable
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 18:12]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:13 - Nov 6 with 2978 viewsbournemouthblue

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:03 - Nov 6 by blueislander

I don’t think you can compare the two. Milliband was just made to look a bit of a twit whereas Rees Mogg was obnoxious.

Indeed but the Media are always a lot harder on Labour leaders

The majority of papers are right-wing oriented

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:22 - Nov 6 with 2948 viewsbournemouthblue

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:12 - Nov 6 by tractordownsouth

I had an argument with a bloke on my uni course who, without irony, said that I should vote Tory because they’re pledging money for the NHS and police 😂

I was also discussing the prospect of another referendum, and I stated that I believe Labour’s policy of a deal vs remain would be the most democratic, as it focuses on the reality of Brexit rather than the dodgy Vote Leave promises. He then said it was right to have another election because Labour MPs haven’t delivered Brexit, which they said they would in 2017, but that a clear referendum ( a specific deal vs remain) after a change of circumstances would be undemocratic...

Yes the old, less votes being more Democratic argument is heavilly flawed

Again there's certainly no hint of irony in the fact we have been allowed to reconsider who represents us as an MP three times in four years

I was chatting with my mate at the gym is very much a Trump fan I pointed out that first past the post is flawed, we have an unelected House of Lords and the only area we do actually have proportional representation is in the EU elections rather ironically

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:25 - Nov 6 with 2941 viewsclive_baker

Quite right. Milliband did nothing wrong, whereas JRM is a massive c**t.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:29 - Nov 6 with 2925 viewsfactual_blue

He's simply proved to you that whilst not all tories are stupid people, all stupid people are tories.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 2918 viewstractordownsouth

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:22 - Nov 6 by bournemouthblue

Yes the old, less votes being more Democratic argument is heavilly flawed

Again there's certainly no hint of irony in the fact we have been allowed to reconsider who represents us as an MP three times in four years

I was chatting with my mate at the gym is very much a Trump fan I pointed out that first past the post is flawed, we have an unelected House of Lords and the only area we do actually have proportional representation is in the EU elections rather ironically

Yeah, normally I'd agree with the principle that you have to implement the result before another referendum but the Vote Leave promises aren't even remotely similar to Johnson's deal, and he lead the campaign! So there is only a mandate for something that isn't deliverable. Plus it wouldn't be the same vague ' leave v remain' referendum as before...

If he really wanted to " Get Brexit done", Johnson would have proposed a vote on his deal vs remain, then there would be a popular mandate for his deal. Instead, he's calling a general election to try and preserve the Tory for another 5 years. What happens if he doesn't win a majority? How will he " Get Brexit done" then? And that's without going into the fact that we will continue negotiating new trading relationships with the EU and the rest of the world long after we leave, so we won't be getting it done.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 2902 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thing is, the campaign has a long way to go to be as bad as May's "strong and stable" robot one. Even then, they still had the bigger minority.

It seems inevitable the result will be something fairly similar to before and the same impasse there has been for 3 years now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:10 - Nov 6 with 2859 viewsBlueBadger

Thing is though, think of the world we could be living in he could actually eat a bacon sandwich competently.
No referendum, Boris would probably have been and gone as Tory leader and no cosying up to Trump.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:17 - Nov 6 with 2820 viewsHerbivore

This guy got on to a uni course?

To be fair when I did my degree we had one proper Thatcherite in my seminar group and I used to enjoy destroying the daft prick's arguments at every opportunity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:21 - Nov 6 with 2801 viewsSwansea_Blue

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:10 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Thing is though, think of the world we could be living in he could actually eat a bacon sandwich competently.
No referendum, Boris would probably have been and gone as Tory leader and no cosying up to Trump.

Fewer people dying on the streets
Fewer people on the streets
Families not getting split apart because granny had the nerve to be born somewhere else
A pipeline of home-trained staff for the NHS
Fewer instances of racial abuse
More houses being built
Stronger universities and UK research
£70bn injection into the economy
People not at each other’s throats all the time
Retaining our international reputation for competence and statesmanship....

....Versus inappropriate bacon sandwich eating etiquette and blue passports.

Hmm, that’s a tough decision.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:21 - Nov 6 with 2799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Strong and stable vs chaos.

How long have the Conservatives been winning on this rhetoric? Why do people still believe it?

The chaos of Brexit, the disaster of austerity and still it is trust us, we are strong and stable, Corbyn will just bring chaos and disaster.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:24 - Nov 6 with 2791 viewsHerbivore

Ed Milliband may well have been the last competent leader of the big 2. Shame he looked a bit funny.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:24 - Nov 6 with 2790 viewsbournemouthblue

Funny how it feels like Groundhog Day here except Milliband was fairly moderate in comparison to Corbyn

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:28 - Nov 6 with 2774 viewsBlueBadger

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:24 - Nov 6 by bournemouthblue

Funny how it feels like Groundhog Day here except Milliband was fairly moderate in comparison to Corbyn

You appear to have spelt 'competent' wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:39 - Nov 6 with 2735 viewsmanchego

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:21 - Nov 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Strong and stable vs chaos.

How long have the Conservatives been winning on this rhetoric? Why do people still believe it?

The chaos of Brexit, the disaster of austerity and still it is trust us, we are strong and stable, Corbyn will just bring chaos and disaster.

Yes, this so much.
The current chaos, observable, literal and demonstrable, is not as bad as the "possible" Corbyn chaos.
It's as if there is a kind of "project fear" going on.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:40 - Nov 6 with 2733 viewsGlasgowBlue

Won't make the slightest bit of difference as it won't hit the core support. Neither Tory or Labour are making a pitch for the centre ground, which you need to do to win an overall majority. This election isn't going to be won by the centre, hence the reason no party is polling 40%+.

The Tories continue to poll in the late 30%'s despite Boris' well know issues with racism, ignoring democracy and colourful private life whilst Labour are consistently polling the mid 20%'s despite being under investigation by the EHRC for institutionalised racism and the leaders past associations with all manner of nasty people.

Any new vile comments from JRM or his ilk won't dent the Tories numbers that much nor will any new revelations of antisemitic candidates being dropped.

Both main parties will continue to preach to the converted.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:49 - Nov 6 with 2718 viewsflimflam

I make him right.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:50 - Nov 6 with 2711 viewsSpruceMoose

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:49 - Nov 6 by flimflam

I make him right.

Well that alone makes him definitely wrong then, to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:52 - Nov 6 with 2712 viewsmanchego

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:40 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Won't make the slightest bit of difference as it won't hit the core support. Neither Tory or Labour are making a pitch for the centre ground, which you need to do to win an overall majority. This election isn't going to be won by the centre, hence the reason no party is polling 40%+.

The Tories continue to poll in the late 30%'s despite Boris' well know issues with racism, ignoring democracy and colourful private life whilst Labour are consistently polling the mid 20%'s despite being under investigation by the EHRC for institutionalised racism and the leaders past associations with all manner of nasty people.

Any new vile comments from JRM or his ilk won't dent the Tories numbers that much nor will any new revelations of antisemitic candidates being dropped.

Both main parties will continue to preach to the converted.

I'm dreaming of a hung Parliament because a working majority for either of those Herberts will be very very bad.
With a minority Govt you will need reasonable, popular policies which can pass.
If they can't pass anything then that's probably a good thing.

The people we are being offered are not worthy of power.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:55 - Nov 6 with 2697 viewsflimflam

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:50 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

Well that alone makes him definitely wrong then, to be fair.

Oooh get her, meeeow

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:55 - Nov 6 with 2696 viewstractordownsouth

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 19:49 - Nov 6 by flimflam

I make him right.

How so?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:40 - Nov 6 with 2644 viewsPecker

He gave his opinion. Got to be honest, I wouldn't have stayed put either. People are allowed an opinion you know. You may not agree with it, but it is an opinion and as so cannot be wrong. He wasn't saying they were stupid or anything else the press have put a spin on it about, he gave his opinion. Get over it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024