Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it usual 20:32 - Nov 6 with 2595 viewsWickets

I only go on this forum so can anyone tell me is it usual for fans of other clubs who are doing great to go on their forums and moan about indvidual players. Honestly top of the league and all that yet several players are still getting stick.
Is it usual on 20:40 - Nov 6 with 2537 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't either but my guess is a lot of it is expectation. I would expect many more Liverpool or Man City players to still be getting stick than Leicester or Sheffield United ones. I expect, with the negative nature of the human psyche, there probably are still some there getting grief too.

It is quite possible we have players performing ordinarily at best and still we are in this position. It is a fairly ordinary league we are in. Fortunately at the moment, ordinary performances in the eyes of those fans seem to be sufficient. I don't currently think we are ready for anything more than a relegation fight were we to be in the Championship. Hopefully we will be better by the time we get there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it usual on 20:43 - Nov 6 with 2526 viewspowinswitch

It’s a forum, for fans to debate. Whilst we have achieved great results, and are currently riding high, I don’t think we have played anywhere near as well as I had hoped. Sunderland 1st half, Tranmere 2nd half, and MK Dons first 20 mins have been sustained periods of football. I don’t think we would do any better next year in the championship than we did last year, unless there are changes. So I believe that people are entitled to raise issues with players they believe are not part of the solution.
Is it usual on 20:49 - Nov 6 with 2504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it usual on 20:43 - Nov 6 by powinswitch

It’s a forum, for fans to debate. Whilst we have achieved great results, and are currently riding high, I don’t think we have played anywhere near as well as I had hoped. Sunderland 1st half, Tranmere 2nd half, and MK Dons first 20 mins have been sustained periods of football. I don’t think we would do any better next year in the championship than we did last year, unless there are changes. So I believe that people are entitled to raise issues with players they believe are not part of the solution.

It will be interesting to see how far experience and confidence take us.

I think Downes and Woofenden will be like good signings for us next season as long as they both continue to progress this season. KVY and Garbutt seem like improvements on what we had last season. Norwood may or may not step up but his understanding with Jackson is something we have missed since Waghorn departed.

We may well need more but I also think we may be better than we expect. Time will tell, hopefully.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it usual on 20:59 - Nov 6 with 2493 viewsBlueBadger

You should have been here in the 90's. A particular highlight was us scoring five goals iin a match three games running and all some people could post about was how rubbish James Scowcroft was.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 23:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it usual on 21:09 - Nov 6 with 2429 viewsDubtractor

Is it usual on 20:59 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

You should have been here in the 90's. A particular highlight was us scoring five goals iin a match three games running and all some people could post about was how rubbish James Scowcroft was.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 23:18]

That Jayme scuwcruft is rubbish, wy isn't Maffie playing?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is it usual on 09:44 - Nov 7 with 2190 viewsbraveblue

Don’t think you get the concept of a forum.
Is it usual on 09:49 - Nov 7 with 2184 viewsSouperJim

Is it usual on 09:44 - Nov 7 by braveblue

Don’t think you get the concept of a forum.

It's for cretins to talk ballacks? The OP has a valid point. No pleasing some people.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Is it usual on 09:50 - Nov 7 with 2178 viewsStokieBlue

Being top of the league and players under-performing aren't mutually exclusive and it's a rather simple approach to say they are.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Being in the Championship..... on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 2168 viewsBloots

Is it usual on 09:49 - Nov 7 by SouperJim

It's for cretins to talk ballacks? The OP has a valid point. No pleasing some people.

.....would please most people.

We aren't.

We're in the 3rd Division.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is it usual on 09:54 - Nov 7 with 2163 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it usual on 09:50 - Nov 7 by StokieBlue

Being top of the league and players under-performing aren't mutually exclusive and it's a rather simple approach to say they are.

SB

Well quite

Also, given that this season will be our lowest finish in the pyramid in 60-odd years regardless of where we finish, it’s not really surprising that people are perhaps viewing things in terms of next season and beyond rather than just how useful players are against the likes of Rochdale

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it usual on 09:57 - Nov 7 with 2150 viewsBlueBadger

Is it usual on 09:54 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite

Also, given that this season will be our lowest finish in the pyramid in 60-odd years regardless of where we finish, it’s not really surprising that people are perhaps viewing things in terms of next season and beyond rather than just how useful players are against the likes of Rochdale

you know those..... by BlueBadger 6 Nov 2019 10:20
We look a bit like Celtic or Rangers playing in the Scottish league at the moment. I just hope that we don't get the sort of reality check next season that those two get every time they play in Europe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it usual on 10:02 - Nov 7 with 2138 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You think this is bad.

You should have heard the people standing back middle of the stand at the Rochdale game. Non stop and I mean NON STOP moaning for 90 minutes.

First it was Rowe, then Edwards and then Nolan and then Norris.

This guy has slicked back black hair and a scarf tied round his neck standing back row. If he is on here, you are such a plank.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is it usual on 11:13 - Nov 7 with 2064 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Being in the Championship..... on 12:24 - Nov 7 with 1996 viewsSouperJim

Being in the Championship..... on 09:53 - Nov 7 by Bloots

.....would please most people.

We aren't.

We're in the 3rd Division.

No it wouldn't.

Is it usual on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 1938 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it usual on 15:55 - Nov 7 with 1870 viewsSouperJim

Is it usual on 13:26 - Nov 7 by BryanPlug

Posted 4th August, when we'd played 1 league game. Not quite the same as bleeting over and over again about Judge, never being happy with a performance etc 15 games in when we're deservedly top.

Is it usual on 18:24 - Nov 7 with 1800 viewsBryanPlug

Is it usual on 15:55 - Nov 7 by SouperJim

Posted 4th August, when we'd played 1 league game. Not quite the same as bleeting over and over again about Judge, never being happy with a performance etc 15 games in when we're deservedly top.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it usual on 11:05 - Nov 8 with 1627 viewsWickets

Is it usual on 15:55 - Nov 7 by SouperJim

Yes and i simple don't see the comparison ,pointing out where i feel Miles could improve as a young player and work on his game is miles away from posting that the likes of Chambers,Skuse, Judge ,Norwood ,Rowe .are Shiit . Well for me it is .
Is it usual on 11:13 - Nov 8 with 1612 viewssolemio

Is it usual on 10:02 - Nov 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

You think this is bad.

You should have heard the people standing back middle of the stand at the Rochdale game. Non stop and I mean NON STOP moaning for 90 minutes.

First it was Rowe, then Edwards and then Nolan and then Norris.

This guy has slicked back black hair and a scarf tied round his neck standing back row. If he is on here, you are such a plank.

Surely that's fair and constructive criticism. They are not quite as good as
Cooper, Burley, Osman, Butcher, Mills, Thijssen, Wark, Muhren, Mariner, Brazil, Gates.
Is it usual on 11:35 - Nov 8 with 1586 viewsWickets

Is it usual on 11:13 - Nov 8 by solemio

Surely that's fair and constructive criticism. They are not quite as good as
Cooper, Burley, Osman, Butcher, Mills, Thijssen, Wark, Muhren, Mariner, Brazil, Gates.

Yer but who is .
Is it usual on 11:39 - Nov 8 with 1583 viewssolemio

Is it usual on 11:35 - Nov 8 by Wickets

Yer but who is .

Nearly as good:

Cooper, Burley, Hunter, Beattie, Mills, Osborne, Wark, Talbot, Geddis, Mariner, Woods Sub Lambert
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024