Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport 20:34 - Nov 6 with 1048 viewsGeoffSentence

Reports of a hijacking, airport evacuated, special forces called in , fighters launched.

Pilot set off an alarm by mistake, He was probably sleep deprived.

I've had bad days at work, I once cost my company £250K by pressing the wrong button, but I think this takes the biscuit.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 21:17 - Nov 6 with 950 viewsIllinoisblue

tell us more about that 250k....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 21:20 - Nov 6 with 944 viewsGeoffSentence

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 21:17 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

tell us more about that 250k....

I shut down a data centre at the request of our client. But it was the wrong one.

They still had two others up and running and no real harm was done, but they screwed us for penalty fees.

We played around with finances and charges and wotnot so got about half of it back discreetly, so it was no big deal in the end.

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 09:58 - Nov 7 with 680 viewsGeoffSentence

Turns out the pilot was showing an intern around and pressed the hijack alert button.

I can imagine the scene "I'm not quite sure what this button does, lets give it a go shall we?"

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:28 - Nov 7 with 652 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've done that before. Pressed a panic alarm in a diplomatic residence once, thinking it was a light switch... It was 'interesting' explaining that one away when the armed fast response unit turned up a few minutes later in an armoured truck.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 10:42]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:37 - Nov 7 with 641 viewsLDNBlue

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:28 - Nov 7 by Swansea_Blue

I've done that before. Pressed a panic alarm in a diplomatic residence once, thinking it was a light switch... It was 'interesting' explaining that one away when the armed fast response unit turned up a few minutes later in an armoured truck.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 10:42]

I had 2 of those in my flat when I lived in Westminster, never tested to see if they still worked but a big cheese had definitely lived there at some point before me.
Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:40 - Nov 7 with 640 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ferry-bomb-scare-evacuated-suspi

The package was left over from a bomb threat drill... somebody forgot to collect them all in.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:42 - Nov 7 with 634 viewsSwansea_Blue

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:40 - Nov 7 by NewcyBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ferry-bomb-scare-evacuated-suspi

The package was left over from a bomb threat drill... somebody forgot to collect them all in.

Oops.

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:43 - Nov 7 with 630 viewsSwansea_Blue

Someone dropped a bollck at Schipol airport on 10:37 - Nov 7 by LDNBlue

I had 2 of those in my flat when I lived in Westminster, never tested to see if they still worked but a big cheese had definitely lived there at some point before me.

You should have given it a go - I'd have waited until the in laws were round though and then done a runner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024