Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning 08:25 - Nov 7 with 7859 viewsElderGrizzly

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:31 - Nov 7 with 2598 viewsBlueBadger

Let's open a book - at what point in this thread will someone raised CoE British say that Jewish people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to anti-semitism?

I'm giving it 15 minutes from thread start.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 8:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:39 - Nov 7 with 2571 viewsfactual_blue

Is this the same Jewish Chronicle that apologised to its readers for running an advert from the Disasters Emergency Committee about five years ago?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:42 - Nov 7 with 2559 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:39 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

Is this the same Jewish Chronicle that apologised to its readers for running an advert from the Disasters Emergency Committee about five years ago?

Sorry, what!?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:47 - Nov 7 with 2549 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:31 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Let's open a book - at what point in this thread will someone raised CoE British say that Jewish people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to anti-semitism?

Plenty of Jewish people who would disagree with this front page.

Remarkable that he can be called an anti-semite without anti examples of his anti-semitism.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:50 - Nov 7 with 2533 viewsElderGrizzly

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:47 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

Plenty of Jewish people who would disagree with this front page.

Remarkable that he can be called an anti-semite without anti examples of his anti-semitism.

Agree. I don’t believe he is an anti-semite, but for a publication such as this to go all out against him right now is significant.

I’m sure Labour or Corbyn will challenge in the courts if they can prove it is false?
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:52 - Nov 7 with 2527 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:50 - Nov 7 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. I don’t believe he is an anti-semite, but for a publication such as this to go all out against him right now is significant.

I’m sure Labour or Corbyn will challenge in the courts if they can prove it is false?

It's a tricky one for them - it's probably best for them to let it lie.

A court case would just produce more publicity for the claims and whatever evidence the Jewish Chronicle believe they have.

As far as I can see, the extent of Corbyn's anti-semitism is pretty much just being critical of the actions of the state of Israel.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 8:58]

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:58 - Nov 7 with 2522 viewsfactual_blue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:42 - Nov 7 by uefacup81

Sorry, what!?

The ad was for aid for those in the Gaza Strip, affected by Operation Protective Edge launched by Israel.

The editor stressed it wasn't his decision to run it, the paper was fully supportive of the Israeli operation. He also disputed the level civilian casualties, many of whom, he said, were terrorists.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:58 - Nov 7 with 2514 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:58 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

The ad was for aid for those in the Gaza Strip, affected by Operation Protective Edge launched by Israel.

The editor stressed it wasn't his decision to run it, the paper was fully supportive of the Israeli operation. He also disputed the level civilian casualties, many of whom, he said, were terrorists.

F*ck me dead. That's appalling.

Login to get fewer ads

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:59 - Nov 7 with 2501 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:50 - Nov 7 by ElderGrizzly

They've been all out against him for a while.

As far as I know it's not possible to take a newspaper to court for suggesting people don't vote for somebody. Wording is always "poll says British Jews believe Corbyn to be..." etc.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:01 - Nov 7 with 2491 viewsfooters

How is it significant? They've been all out against him for months. Hardly surprising.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:03 - Nov 7 with 2476 viewsfooters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:59 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

They've been all out against him for a while.

As far as I know it's not possible to take a newspaper to court for suggesting people don't vote for somebody. Wording is always "poll says British Jews believe Corbyn to be..." etc.

Morning Zed,

Hope you're well! Always lovely to see you.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 2467 viewsBarneycurley

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:01 - Nov 7 by footers

How is it significant? They've been all out against him for months. Hardly surprising.

Why is that do you believe?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 2465 viewscrunchie1978

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:31 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

They just have to use their common sense surely!
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:06 - Nov 7 with 2460 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:04 - Nov 7 by Barneycurley

I'd imagine at least part of it is due to the editor of the JC being a pro-Brexit Tory supporter.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:06 - Nov 7 with 2459 viewsfooters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:04 - Nov 7 by Barneycurley

Dunno. What do you think?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:07 - Nov 7 with 2453 viewsElderGrizzly

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:01 - Nov 7 by footers

I know, but they are doubling down and obviously significant given we have an election campaign now.

Apparently this is going to be a series of articles that are published in the JC and in other sympathetic publications, including MSM leading up to the election.

Its a problem Labour could do without, but i’m also not convinced on how many it will influence
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:08 - Nov 7 with 2445 viewsOldsmoker

You're all going to upset Phil again.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:09 - Nov 7 with 2441 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:07 - Nov 7 by ElderGrizzly

I know, but they are doubling down and obviously significant given we have an election campaign now.

Apparently this is going to be a series of articles that are published in the JC and in other sympathetic publications, including MSM leading up to the election.

Its a problem Labour could do without, but i’m also not convinced on how many it will influence

I think you make a good point there about influence.

They've been banging that drum so long that I imagine they've got everyone on board that they could have got on board.

If they keep on with this at the expense of talking about policy instead, there's probably a risk it could backfire. People want positive messages, not just constant "don't vote for X because" stuff. Case in point - Brexit.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:10 - Nov 7 with 2433 viewsBarneycurley

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:06 - Nov 7 by footers

Dunno. What do you think?

Dunno. I am obviously not as informed as you - so I was hoping you could get me up to speed?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:11 - Nov 7 with 2435 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:08 - Nov 7 by Oldsmoker

You're all going to upset Phil again.

We're okay for a while, until the more unhinged amongst us have woken up and their carers have left...

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:13 - Nov 7 with 2428 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:03 - Nov 7 by footers

Morning Zed,

Hope you're well! Always lovely to see you.

A fine morning Mr. Foot.

I checked into an Airbnb in Penzance on Monday to focus on my writing. The thought of applying to stand for Labour in Bassetlaw was distracting me though, so I've nipped out to a welcoming but distinctly average cafe for a breakfast burrito.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:17 - Nov 7 with 2409 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:52 - Nov 7 by uefacup81

It's a tricky one for them - it's probably best for them to let it lie.

A court case would just produce more publicity for the claims and whatever evidence the Jewish Chronicle believe they have.

As far as I can see, the extent of Corbyn's anti-semitism is pretty much just being critical of the actions of the state of Israel.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 8:58]

Yeah it’s just being critical of the actions of the state of Israel

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:22 - Nov 7 with 2392 viewsuefacup81

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:17 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

I'll try and make a wider response to this in due course, but there's one in there which I can give a pretty insightful comment on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "Israeli puppetmaster" bit from June 2010 has some element of truth to it.

I worked in the campaign office of the local Tory MP during the 2010 election, and following her victory I took a number of calls from the Israeli Ambassador to the UK who was very insistent that he simply had to speak with her.

It could have been regarding all manner of things, granted, but I'm not sure someone just wanting to pass on their congratulations would be so rabid in their attempts to speak with her.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:23 - Nov 7 with 2392 viewsGaryCooper

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:17 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

He has a penchant for supporting convicted bombers doesn't he?

The romanticism of the freedom fighter, with the blood of innocent civilians the price worth paying for his search for a sixth form cause.
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:27 - Nov 7 with 2370 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:23 - Nov 7 by GaryCooper

He has a penchant for supporting convicted bombers doesn't he?

The romanticism of the freedom fighter, with the blood of innocent civilians the price worth paying for his search for a sixth form cause.

*adds Gary Cooper to list of people not to waste virtual breath on.*

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024