Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning 08:25 - Nov 7 with 7856 viewsElderGrizzly

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:10 - Nov 7 with 2448 viewsGaryCooper

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:05 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

...how have you expressed your disappointment at the ballot box in recent decades?

Big A little a bouncing B the system might have got you but it won't get me!!!
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:11 - Nov 7 with 2439 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:59 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

They've been all out against him for a while.

As far as I know it's not possible to take a newspaper to court for suggesting people don't vote for somebody. Wording is always "poll says British Jews believe Corbyn to be..." etc.

It’s not just the JC though is it? All three main Jewish papers are “all out against him”.

I wonder why? Could they be reflecting the belief amongst nearly 90% of British Jews who believe Corbyn to be an antisemite. Or the near 50% of British Jews who have said they would consider leaving the U.K. if Corbyn is elected PM!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:14 - Nov 7 with 2427 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:10 - Nov 7 by GaryCooper

Big A little a bouncing B the system might have got you but it won't get me!!!

Is that an answer or are you making assumptions?

Edit....you kind of come across as owned working class but I may be wrong.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 10:16]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:16 - Nov 7 with 2417 viewsBiGDonnie

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:13 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

A fine morning Mr. Foot.

I checked into an Airbnb in Penzance on Monday to focus on my writing. The thought of applying to stand for Labour in Bassetlaw was distracting me though, so I've nipped out to a welcoming but distinctly average cafe for a breakfast burrito.

A breakfast burrito?

Suasage, rice, black beans and hot sauce? I'd rather a sausage sando!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:30 - Nov 7 with 2385 viewsGaryCooper

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:14 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sorry, owned working class? Explain if you would please?
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:36 - Nov 7 with 2379 viewsfooters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:55 - Nov 7 by wkj

£1 bet this is the first post to get pulled off today, once people have finished pulling off to their virtual points tally.

Oh I dunno. I'm pretty sure people will be convinced by important threads such as this. In fact, I'm going to vote Lib Dem now :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:37 - Nov 7 with 2375 viewsfooters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:16 - Nov 7 by BiGDonnie

A breakfast burrito?

Suasage, rice, black beans and hot sauce? I'd rather a sausage sando!

I had two bacon rolls with brown sauce and a flat white (the flat white was separate, not in the rolls) :)

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:43 - Nov 7 with 2368 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:30 - Nov 7 by GaryCooper

Sorry, owned working class? Explain if you would please?

In 'the man's' pocket.... Stockholm syndrome....that sort of thing....a bit right wing!

Login to get fewer ads

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:43 - Nov 7 with 2368 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:14 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hello BDS

I have your avatar / profile picture on a t-shirt.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:45 - Nov 7 with 2362 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:43 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

Hello BDS

Lovely isn't it....good old Carlsberg!

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:51 - Nov 7 with 2340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:43 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

Hello BDS

You asked Lowhouse a question which he kindly answered. Nothing more to say or does the latest manual not deal with his particular response?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:52 - Nov 7 with 2337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:51 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

You asked Lowhouse a question which he kindly answered. Nothing more to say or does the latest manual not deal with his particular response?

I guess the quick answer is that they haven't concluded anything yet.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:53 - Nov 7 with 2335 viewsGaryCooper

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:43 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

In 'the man's' pocket.... Stockholm syndrome....that sort of thing....a bit right wing!

Just finished reading a book on the Stockholm syndrome, started off very poorly but great ending.
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:53 - Nov 7 with 2335 viewsDarth_Koont

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:11 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

It’s not just the JC though is it? All three main Jewish papers are “all out against him”.

I wonder why? Could they be reflecting the belief amongst nearly 90% of British Jews who believe Corbyn to be an antisemite. Or the near 50% of British Jews who have said they would consider leaving the U.K. if Corbyn is elected PM!

If I thought the problem was 300 times greater than it is (as amplified by you and your ilk) then of course the accusation that Corbyn is an antisemite and creating a safe space for antisemites would be more than credible.

But of course it isn't. The shameless misrepresentation of the facts by people with a political axe to grind is utterly disgraceful.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:01 - Nov 7 with 2303 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:11 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Hello GB.

Thanks for your response, I've missed you. I was worried you had muted me again after you didn't take up my challenge to you of explaining how 20 or so Labour MPs standing down at this election was evidence of the party being lost to extremists, when nearly double that number stood down before the 2015 election. Around 100 Labour MPs stood down before the 2010 election by the way. Brown's Stalinist purge.

Anyway, I wonder if the countless British Jews who support Corbyn took part in the poll. I would think not, seeing as they don't get listened to. The idea that Jeremy Corbyn is an existential threat to Jews, as you have suggested before, doesn't seem to be based on any evidence whatsoever.

Rabbi Romain may have the opinion that Corbyn would "harm Jewish way of life", but his just one single voice being projected as the voice of an entire community. You can's say in good faith that he speaks for all British Jews. The justification for the headline seems to be that Corbyn "could introduce legislation that restricts Jewish life" - What kind of baseless nonsense is that, really?

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:01 - Nov 7 with 2303 viewsDarth_Koont

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:38 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Here he is. House!!!

Yes. And there you go, dodging the point raised.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:03 - Nov 7 with 2294 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:51 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Says the man who famously avoids responding to Zed

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:06 - Nov 7 with 2284 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:53 - Nov 7 by GaryCooper

Just finished reading a book on the Stockholm syndrome, started off very poorly but great ending.

"Forgive my crippled head
Our revolution's dead
They've gambled all our pride
They want money instead
They've gone and speared my side
I think they want me dead."

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:15 - Nov 7 with 2261 viewsBiGDonnie

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:37 - Nov 7 by footers

I had two bacon rolls with brown sauce and a flat white (the flat white was separate, not in the rolls) :)

Solid breakfast for a Thursday.

I'd have had one with ketchup though, madman I know!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:22 - Nov 7 with 2249 viewsfooters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:01 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

Hello GB.

Thanks for your response, I've missed you. I was worried you had muted me again after you didn't take up my challenge to you of explaining how 20 or so Labour MPs standing down at this election was evidence of the party being lost to extremists, when nearly double that number stood down before the 2015 election. Around 100 Labour MPs stood down before the 2010 election by the way. Brown's Stalinist purge.

Anyway, I wonder if the countless British Jews who support Corbyn took part in the poll. I would think not, seeing as they don't get listened to. The idea that Jeremy Corbyn is an existential threat to Jews, as you have suggested before, doesn't seem to be based on any evidence whatsoever.

Rabbi Romain may have the opinion that Corbyn would "harm Jewish way of life", but his just one single voice being projected as the voice of an entire community. You can's say in good faith that he speaks for all British Jews. The justification for the headline seems to be that Corbyn "could introduce legislation that restricts Jewish life" - What kind of baseless nonsense is that, really?

This is what I'm wondering too. What hardline anti-Jewish legislation is the Labour Party set to introduce? And in what ways would the average Jewish person be negatively affected by a Corbyn government?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:23 - Nov 7 with 2247 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:54 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

you probably don't know about this, but apparently the labour party is subject to a full investigation by the ehrc for institutional anti-semitism. the first party ever to be subject to such an investigation. the investigation was started following an initial review which found evidence of a large number of complaints of anti-semitism without there being adequate procedures or actions to respond to those complaints. hence the decision to carry our a full investigation of these institutional failings that have enabled anti-semitism to persist.

clearly either you think that a full ehrc investigation is an irrelevance or you simply hadn't heard about it. if so i'm glad to have made you aware.

The investigation that hasn't been concluded? Yes, I'm aware of that. I asked for evidence that Corbyn had created a welcoming space for anti-semites. You've not been able to provide anything.

No party has done more to combat anti-semitism in the last three years than Labour. In 2015, a YouGov poll (this one goes out to you GB, you big poll-lover) asked the question "do you agree that Jews chase money more than other people". 22% of Labour-voting respondents agreed. 31% of Conservative-voting respondents agreed.

In late-2017, YouGov ran the same poll. 14% of Labour-voting respondents agreed to the same statement, nearly half the previous number, whereas the Tories were still flying high at 27%. Work that one out.

EDIT: Loads of embarrassing typos. Must do better.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 12:04]

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 2239 viewsGaryCooper

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:06 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Forgive my crippled head
Our revolution's dead
They've gambled all our pride
They want money instead
They've gone and speared my side
I think they want me dead."

But what about those people who don't want your new restrictions?
Those that disagree with you and have their own convictions?
You say they've got it wrong because they don't agree with you
So when the revolution comes you'll have to run them through
You say that revolution will bring freedom for us all
Well freedom just ain't freedom when your back's against the wall
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:43 - Nov 7 with 2214 viewsitfcjoe

A bit desperate really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 13:33 - Nov 7 with 2152 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:07 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

You think you read somewhere? Do you have a link to this as a direct quote.

Pollard has also written for the Guardian but you seem to have left that off your list of publications he has written for.

I have to ask, would you attempt to discredit any other member of our BAME community who was highlighting the racism their community is on the end of?

Here’s the thing GB.

The very man you’re defending, Stephen Pollard, has himself attempted to discredit the BAME community’s fight against racism. He’s a right wing idiot.

When the CST revealed that there had been 892 antisemitic incidents in the fist half og 2019, this was Pollard’s response:

“…the cause of this ongoing record increase in antisemitism is no mystery. It can be summed up in two words: Jeremy Corbyn… by any objective analysis of contemporary British antisemitism, Mr Corbyn must be seen as the instigator… These CST figures are Jeremy Corbyn’s legacy. They are the legacy of the most dangerous racist in British politics – a man whose toxic views and behaviour pose a far greater threat to ethnic minorities than the National Front or the BNP ever managed.”

Apart from the fact that the majority of these incidents were from nationalist fascist types, how on god’s green earth would Pollard know that Jeremy Corbyn poses a greater threat to ethnic minorities than the NF or BNP. This is the editor of the newspaper you are promoting as a voice of concern in a marginalised community. Have a long hard think about that.

The Chronicle are well known for having to correct and payout for false claims of antisemitism or ‘terror supporting’. Some examples, including your go-to paper of credibility, The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/apr/03/jewish-chronicle-libel-damages-pea
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20141023-jewish-chronicle-forced-to-correct-re
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/jewish-chronicle-pays-libel-
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 14:46]

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 14:07 - Nov 7 with 2139 viewsBluesquid

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 11:22 - Nov 7 by footers

This is what I'm wondering too. What hardline anti-Jewish legislation is the Labour Party set to introduce? And in what ways would the average Jewish person be negatively affected by a Corbyn government?

The recognition of Palestine as a full state as part of the United Nations?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024