Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning 08:25 - Nov 7 with 7857 viewsElderGrizzly

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 14:18 - Nov 7 with 1641 viewsWacko

They are also known to lie in their reports. This is an article connecting (and so smearing) Corbyn with the brother of a Jewish friend of mine who they also have a smear campaign against. And what they're accusing him of is not true.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/outrage-over-corbyn-s-rosh-hashanah-video-fea

Just to give a balance to anyone reading this to help them form a measured opinion.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 21:04 - Nov 7 with 1559 viewsZedRodgers

This is worth a watch, to see another point of view.

Riddle me this. Ian Fraser tweet’s the video, mentioning that Prof Geoffrey Alderman is a Jewish Telegraph columnist. The Jewish Telegraph ask him to delete the tweet because he doesn’t represent their views. Ian Fraser rightly refuses, because Alderman is a Jewish Telegraph columnist. Do you not find it extreme strange that they would ask for this tweet to be deleted, for this reason?

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 21:19 - Nov 7 with 1533 viewsBloomBlue

And still going for it

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/exclusive-labour-officials-accused-of-coverin
Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 21:24 - Nov 7 with 1521 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So extreme they have even used his initials for their logo.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 22:54 - Nov 7 with 1480 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:11 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

It’s not just the JC though is it? All three main Jewish papers are “all out against him”.

I wonder why? Could they be reflecting the belief amongst nearly 90% of British Jews who believe Corbyn to be an antisemite. Or the near 50% of British Jews who have said they would consider leaving the U.K. if Corbyn is elected PM!

Another voice from the remaining ‘10% of British Jews’ that don’t believe Corbyn to be an anti-semite speaks out.

Mr John Bercow.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 23:31 - Nov 7 with 1462 viewsCoastalblue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 22:54 - Nov 7 by ZedRodgers

Another voice from the remaining ‘10% of British Jews’ that don’t believe Corbyn to be an anti-semite speaks out.

Mr John Bercow.

Genuine question, and I'm not coming at this from a perspective of favouring either side.

How many Jewish people do you mix with or have in your family?

I realise that anecdotal evidence counts for little in these threads, but it does form opinions for those who are involved in it.

These threads always seem to boil down to links, quotes and soundbites, and I realise this is all most people have to evaluate with these type of questions.

Sometimes actually talking to and associating with those involved can give one a much better perspective than a few links and sound bites though.

I'm genuinely not looking to score points or take sides here, obviously I do have my own opinions which I choose not to share on here when this comes up, but this argument often seems to boil down to who can provide the best link on here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:19 - Nov 8 with 1402 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 23:31 - Nov 7 by Coastalblue

Genuine question, and I'm not coming at this from a perspective of favouring either side.

How many Jewish people do you mix with or have in your family?

I realise that anecdotal evidence counts for little in these threads, but it does form opinions for those who are involved in it.

These threads always seem to boil down to links, quotes and soundbites, and I realise this is all most people have to evaluate with these type of questions.

Sometimes actually talking to and associating with those involved can give one a much better perspective than a few links and sound bites though.

I'm genuinely not looking to score points or take sides here, obviously I do have my own opinions which I choose not to share on here when this comes up, but this argument often seems to boil down to who can provide the best link on here.

Seeing as you’ve asked, my grandfather was Jewish.

I wouldn’t use that as some kind of stamp of authenticity for my point of view though, which is what you seem to be asking me to do.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:42 - Nov 8 with 1374 viewsCoastalblue

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 08:19 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

Seeing as you’ve asked, my grandfather was Jewish.

I wouldn’t use that as some kind of stamp of authenticity for my point of view though, which is what you seem to be asking me to do.

Thanks for the answer, and no while looking back my tired post was badly worded it wasn't what I was attempting.

Nor was I particularly aiming my question at you, though I had quoted your post I know, so apologies if it appeared that way.

I think it just sometimes frustrates that many of the issues discussed on here get reduced down to quotes and links, and often appear to be opinions from people who probably have no direct contact with those featured in the 'story'
Again, not meant to be aimed at Zed, more a general observaton.

I feel that sometimes amongst all the attempted point scoring it's forgotten that there are real people, with real problems behind these situations.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 10:19 - Nov 8 with 1364 viewsZedRodgers

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 09:42 - Nov 8 by Coastalblue

Thanks for the answer, and no while looking back my tired post was badly worded it wasn't what I was attempting.

Nor was I particularly aiming my question at you, though I had quoted your post I know, so apologies if it appeared that way.

I think it just sometimes frustrates that many of the issues discussed on here get reduced down to quotes and links, and often appear to be opinions from people who probably have no direct contact with those featured in the 'story'
Again, not meant to be aimed at Zed, more a general observaton.

I feel that sometimes amongst all the attempted point scoring it's forgotten that there are real people, with real problems behind these situations.

I completely agree and appreciate the apology.

It is quite pathetic to see the conversation descend into these infantile back-and-forths. I recognise my part in that and get annoyed with Zed myself sometimes..

I just find it frustrating when posters on here try to imply that the Jewish community as a whole are afraid of Corbyn / the left. Probably best to just ignore it but it then goes unchallenged. I understand firing links back is probably a waste of my time though. People either already know or don't want to listen.

No, not at the moment

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 19:28 - Nov 9 with 1270 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 19:45 - Nov 9 with 1262 viewsBent_double

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 14:07 - Nov 7 by Bluesquid

The recognition of Palestine as a full state as part of the United Nations?

You would think that anyone - regardless of their religion - would think this is a reasonable thing to do, surely they deserve it? As do the Kurds from Turkey, Syria, Iraq, imo.

If the Palestinians did have there own recognised country, and a better standard of living because of it, Israel may find that the terrorist element in Palestine loses it's influence and power over time.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 19:55 - Nov 9 with 1249 viewsDarth_Koont

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 19:28 - Nov 9 by BackToRussia

"If there are Jewish families who fear the prospect of a Corbyn govt (with many others, mine certainly don’t), it is a result of the Jewish Chron's far right, “the Left is now the enemy” editor’s campaign of lies and the uncritical coverage it receives in other newspapers."

Hard to disagree when looking at the facts rather than the accusations and headlines.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 21:24 - Nov 9 with 1209 viewsBluesquid

Jewish Chronicle aren’t holding back this morning on 19:45 - Nov 9 by Bent_double

You would think that anyone - regardless of their religion - would think this is a reasonable thing to do, surely they deserve it? As do the Kurds from Turkey, Syria, Iraq, imo.

If the Palestinians did have there own recognised country, and a better standard of living because of it, Israel may find that the terrorist element in Palestine loses it's influence and power over time.

Anyone? You'd think that wouldn't you? But you're forgetting someone...think again...

What about those wishing to steal land?

It's not a reasonable thing to do for those wishing to build illegal settlements because then the existence of a Palestinian state makes it a bit more problematic.

We've all seen the maps of the disappearing land in Palestine and a full state as part of the United Nations would make future land theft by the "only democracy in the ME" a bit more challenging (still won't stop them though).

Corbyn has stated that the UK under a Labour government would recognise Palestine as a full state as part of the United Nations and a possible future UK government that wishes to do so and one that also perhaps refuses to turn a blind to the racist inhumane actions of the nutjob regime regarding it's treatment of the Palestinians is for some a possibility that absolutely must be thwarted at all costs and all manner of political actions will(have) be employed in an attempt to ensure that this possibility never comes about.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 21:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024