Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clacton on Sea 09:33 - Nov 7 with 922 viewsPippin1970

Long story short my gran passed away recently just before her 100th birthday. The town itself has transformed over the years. I popped down yearly from Lancashire to see her. What's peoples opinions of it?
Clacton on Sea on 09:35 - Nov 7 with 903 viewsBigManBlue

Sorry to hear about your gran mate.

I grew up there, it was grim then and it's even worse now. Got noticeably worse around the time of the Olympics though.

Edit - by grim, I mean big enough to have serious social problems, but still with absolutely b*gger all to do there that offsets it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:36]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Clacton on Sea on 09:37 - Nov 7 with 884 viewsfactual_blue

Clacton on Sea on 09:35 - Nov 7 by BigManBlue

Sorry to hear about your gran mate.

I grew up there, it was grim then and it's even worse now. Got noticeably worse around the time of the Olympics though.

Edit - by grim, I mean big enough to have serious social problems, but still with absolutely b*gger all to do there that offsets it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:36]

The station has been renamed Brexit Central.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Clacton on Sea on 09:38 - Nov 7 with 882 viewsBigManBlue

Clacton on Sea on 09:37 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

The station has been renamed Brexit Central.

Fun fact, I still have Douglas Carswell's response to the letter I sent him as a confrontational teenager.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Clacton on Sea on 11:55 - Nov 7 with 773 viewsitfcjoe

It's a bit of a dive now, like most seaside towns - a couple of places are still nice enough around there and it is good ona hot day or the airshow.

The problem it is ruined by 2 sets of people - London holidaymakers/overspill who are generally obnoxious, and other (again mostly London) councils problems. they can't home them so they get put in seaside hotels which are empty especially in the winter and have to take the money.

Tendring council get paid to house these people, who generally have issues with drugs, and stick them all in Clacton whilst spending the money elsewhere in the region. Managed decline?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 11:55]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Clacton on Sea on 15:17 - Nov 7 with 635 viewsDebsyAngel

We go every 2 years in August for a day out there. I don;t mind it, but sadly it's becoming like most other places in the amount of shops closing down. The beach seems ok and the amusements the same. I mainly go for my visit to that excellent record shop there - usually come out of there with £25 worth of 50p 7" singles but it takes me about 2 hours to look through them all!

Sorry to hear about your gran - may she rest in peace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024