Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move 10:00 - Nov 7 with 560 viewsunstableblue

....to fact checking as a form of reporting.

Crazy crazy times; I see this populist hard-right wing push as a real negative of Brexit and Farage's odious influence.

Lets look at the master in action and the media reaction:

That is so outrageous, with conservative estimates that he has lied or told a falsehood 13,000 times in his presidency. But with Fox supporting the line that Dems and Fake News are evil he continues to sow DEEP divisions in US society and creates a lunatic fringe. We simply cannot go down this route as a society.

Then you have the madness of Labour's spending promise, which will be built on an economy being ruined by Brexit and digitilistion.

Thanks God Town are top of the league.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 10:02 - Nov 7 with 549 viewsBlueBadger

Pssst, Town aren't top of the league, they're top of the third division.

Fact checked that for you, there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 10:03 - Nov 7 with 541 viewsfactual_blue

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 10:02 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Pssst, Town aren't top of the league, they're top of the third division.

Fact checked that for you, there.

The Third Division no longer exists. Town are top of League One.

Fact checked that for you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 10:19 - Nov 7 with 501 viewsOldsmoker

Are you aware that Trump has a spiritual advisor?
She has said that Trump should be obeyed as if he was God.
She also thinks the White house is "holy ground" because she's there now.
One more Fruit loop in the White House.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 10:27 - Nov 7 with 485 viewsusm

That 13,000 estimate cannot have been fact checked, otherwise it would not be an estimate.

Just saying like....

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

As our politicians begin to bend the truth regularly..and our media start a move on 11:03 - Nov 7 with 448 viewsChurchman

I think what is sad is that the media are as guilty as the politicians re telling lies and distortions. I saw this with Brexit where most of the information fed to the public on stuff I was directly connected with was at best distorted views on crumbs of information presented as fact or just plain made up to make a point. Add in social media where if a lie or distortion is not countermanded in about 20 mins it becomes fact and the truth becomes irrelevant.

The result is people are left making a decision on anything but truths and the Trumps of this world getting elected.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 11:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024