Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... 11:03 - Nov 7 with 6353 viewsSitfcB

...side on Saturday.

No league game next Saturday and only the EFL Cup on Tuesday, which is effectively a ‘dead rubber’, a perfect opportunity to play some youngsters and get some minutes for the likes of Huws, Keane etc.

I hope he’s aware that we haven’t won an FA Cup game in 10 years.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 11:23]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:04 - Nov 7 with 3724 viewsKieran_Knows

Cue a drab 1-1 home draw, followed by a 2-0 loss away. You heard it here first.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:06 - Nov 7 with 3717 viewsChurchman

I agree with that. I think a bit of continuity with the team would not go amiss, let alone the strange sensation of actually winning an FA Cup game. Let the squad players play on Tues.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:06 - Nov 7 with 3713 viewsartsbossbeard

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:04 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

Cue a drab 1-1 home draw, followed by a 2-0 loss away. You heard it here first.

*recalls that damn siren when they get a corner*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:10 - Nov 7 with 3685 viewschicoazul

Posted this t'other day;

I am getting more and more annoyed by these constant changes. Are we really supposed to believe these players cannot play 45 games in a season? If so how come Skuse Chambers Jackson and Downes play every game when they are fit? I think there is more to this, it may be because Lambert has internal problems keeping people happy who he thinks he can do without this year but wants around next year eg Huws & Dozzell, it may be because he has identified something about injuries and thinks turning over 7 or 8 players every game makes sense.
It's no wonder the informed reasonable boyos on here who go to many games say our midfield and overall pattern of play is totally malfunctioning at the moment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:11 - Nov 7 with 3681 viewsTractorCam

The FA trophy? We aren't in Non league just yet.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:15 - Nov 7 with 3651 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I love the FA Cup. So I agree with you.

I am almost certain in my mind that this will be a 0-0

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:15 - Nov 7 with 3658 viewsportmanking

If Norwood was to tear his hamstring on Saturday or Downes broke his leg in a crunching tackle, we would all be questioning why they were risked in a meaningless cup tie, no?

I dislike our FA Cup record as much as the next person, but given the great position we're in in the league, we shouldn't be looking to jeopardise that, surely?
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:18 - Nov 7 with 3629 viewsGarv

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:15 - Nov 7 by portmanking

If Norwood was to tear his hamstring on Saturday or Downes broke his leg in a crunching tackle, we would all be questioning why they were risked in a meaningless cup tie, no?

I dislike our FA Cup record as much as the next person, but given the great position we're in in the league, we shouldn't be looking to jeopardise that, surely?

But if we're losing, those types of players, Norwood at least, would be brought on thus risking injury anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:18 - Nov 7 with 3622 viewsDubtractor

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:10 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Posted this t'other day;

I am getting more and more annoyed by these constant changes. Are we really supposed to believe these players cannot play 45 games in a season? If so how come Skuse Chambers Jackson and Downes play every game when they are fit? I think there is more to this, it may be because Lambert has internal problems keeping people happy who he thinks he can do without this year but wants around next year eg Huws & Dozzell, it may be because he has identified something about injuries and thinks turning over 7 or 8 players every game makes sense.
It's no wonder the informed reasonable boyos on here who go to many games say our midfield and overall pattern of play is totally malfunctioning at the moment.

I'm going to be generous and say that he is carefully managing players to reduce the number of longer term injuries and in particular the constant relapses.

We should 100% put out a strong team Saturday though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:20 - Nov 7 with 3604 viewsBlue_Order

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:15 - Nov 7 by portmanking

The FA Cup being considered meaningless.

F.ck modern football.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:21 - Nov 7 with 3602 viewsPJH

Norwood's fifth booking will be coming soon, pity it has not come before Saturday because I assume the suspension would have been for the F.A. Cup game.

I expect several changes on Saturday.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:21 - Nov 7 with 3605 viewsJakeITFC

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:10 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Posted this t'other day;

The advantages of rotation aren’t really seen now, but in five months time when we have a fixture pile-up and are hopefully able to have a whole squad of players who are not only fit, but also in-tune.

I think back to the seasons of Royle and McCarthy when promotion was a real possibility and then we had injuries to Kuqi and Murphy. You bring in players from the cold (Scowcroft and Wood) and it just doesn’t work.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:23 - Nov 7 with 3572 viewsSitfcB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:11 - Nov 7 by TractorCam

The FA trophy? We aren't in Non league just yet.

Ha ffs

COYB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 3566 viewsSitfcB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:21 - Nov 7 by PJH

Norwood's fifth booking will be coming soon, pity it has not come before Saturday because I assume the suspension would have been for the F.A. Cup game.

I expect several changes on Saturday.

It came on Tuesday.....misses Blackpool (h)

COYB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 3558 viewsSitfcB

That could happen in a league game though?

Lambert will probably want to lose the game so we can have yet another Saturday off!!

COYB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:39 - Nov 7 with 3492 viewschicoazul

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:18 - Nov 7 by Dubtractor

I'm going to be generous and say that he is carefully managing players to reduce the number of longer term injuries and in particular the constant relapses.

We should 100% put out a strong team Saturday though.

More generous than me buh

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:40 - Nov 7 with 3495 viewsitfcjoe

I really wouldn't, if a player was an injury doubt and plays and then gets a knock or worsens it then that is different, but the FA Cup is still an important competition for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:44 - Nov 7 with 3465 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:40 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

I really wouldn't, if a player was an injury doubt and plays and then gets a knock or worsens it then that is different, but the FA Cup is still an important competition for me.

Exactly. Play to win the game and I hope he picks a very strong team.
"a meaningless cup tie" on 11:46 - Nov 7 with 3451 viewsDyland

???

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:58 - Nov 7 with 3407 viewsitfcjoe

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:44 - Nov 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Exactly. Play to win the game and I hope he picks a very strong team.

He's already said basically anyone who played 90 on Tuesday won't play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:01 - Nov 7 with 3392 viewsPJH

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:24 - Nov 7 by SitfcB

It came on Tuesday.....misses Blackpool (h)

Thought that was his fourth one, he certainly tried very hard to get that booking on Tuesday.

ITFC website (and this one) say 4 yellows.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:02 - Nov 7 with 3389 viewsSwansea_Blue

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:58 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

That's fine, we only played for 45 minutes anyway!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:51 - Nov 7 with 3280 viewsJimmyJazz

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:58 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

Sounds good to me. There may not be another league game on the horizon, but what about when the second round of the cup comes along? Would not be bothered if we went out of the cup Saturday, and if it's a 'weakened' team then it shouldn't effect morale

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:56 - Nov 7 with 3259 viewsTractorCam

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:51 - Nov 7 by JimmyJazz

Sounds good to me. There may not be another league game on the horizon, but what about when the second round of the cup comes along? Would not be bothered if we went out of the cup Saturday, and if it's a 'weakened' team then it shouldn't effect morale

Then he can start messing around if needed. Keep the players match sharp and actually try and win a cup game whilst we have the chance!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:02 - Nov 7 with 3244 viewsJimmyJazz

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:56 - Nov 7 by TractorCam

Then he can start messing around if needed. Keep the players match sharp and actually try and win a cup game whilst we have the chance!

Winning a FA Cup fixture - overrated these days i'm afraid.

I would actually prioritise the EFL trophy over the FA Cup. At least we have a good chance of going to Wembley

And yes, I did watch the 78 cup final back in the days when the FA Cup was important

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024