Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... 11:03 - Nov 7 with 6355 viewsSitfcB

...side on Saturday.

No league game next Saturday and only the EFL Cup on Tuesday, which is effectively a ‘dead rubber’, a perfect opportunity to play some youngsters and get some minutes for the likes of Huws, Keane etc.

I hope he’s aware that we haven’t won an FA Cup game in 10 years.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 11:23]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:04 - Nov 7 with 2603 viewsportmanking

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:20 - Nov 7 by Blue_Order

The FA Cup being considered meaningless.

F.ck modern football.

Okay, meaningless might not be the right word, but the sole aim this year is to bounce back to the Championship, no?

I agree that modern football is the root of the demise of all cup competitions. Players are now financial assets rather than just that, players. People like Mick Mills say "why can't Player X play 50 games like I did" but given the sums involved in the game today it's not hard to see why certain players are wrapped in cotton wool.

Risking long-term injury in these cups that we're realistically unlikely to progress too far in versus having them fit and gaining promotion and £9m+ is the unfortunate trade-off.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:05]
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:04 - Nov 7 with 2602 viewsTractorCam

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:02 - Nov 7 by JimmyJazz

Winning a FA Cup fixture - overrated these days i'm afraid.

I would actually prioritise the EFL trophy over the FA Cup. At least we have a good chance of going to Wembley

And yes, I did watch the 78 cup final back in the days when the FA Cup was important

It isn't even the fact that it's the cup, it's just that we aren't playing any run of games. Even if we were at home to Chichester i'd want the first team out to keep them playing whilst we have opportunities of a 2 week breather after.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:10 - Nov 7 with 2582 viewsJimmyJazz

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:04 - Nov 7 by TractorCam

It isn't even the fact that it's the cup, it's just that we aren't playing any run of games. Even if we were at home to Chichester i'd want the first team out to keep them playing whilst we have opportunities of a 2 week breather after.

Agree, but what is the schedule like around round 2? We'll have yet another game to fit in when Oxford gets called off

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:10 - Nov 7 with 2581 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I'd play a strong team. I'd bring Holy in and i would be tempted to let Skuse rest up properly now as big player for us and had a knock. I'd give Dozzell back to back games i reckon in that role.

Something like

Holy
Wilson Chambers Woolf
Edwards Garbutt
Downes Dozzell Nolan (or Judge)
Norwood Jackson

Then for Colchester

Holy
Donacian Wilson Nsiala Kenlock
El Mizouni (or Rowe) Dozzell Huws Judge
Keane Folami

Think Dobra can play cup so in mix as well for same game.time vs Colchester.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:16 - Nov 7 with 2567 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:58 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

He's already said basically anyone who played 90 on Tuesday won't play

Ah really. Hadn't seen that.

That's us out then.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:19 - Nov 7 with 2562 viewsitfcjoe

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:16 - Nov 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Ah really. Hadn't seen that.

That's us out then.

Just announced Oxford game is postponed so basically 18 games between first team fixtures, Wycombe 3 days later and if no FA Cup game then 11 days until next league game

Will be 5 league games from 26th October until 7th December.

Who have Oxford got in the cup? Maybe game ends up being on 30th November if we are both out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:31 - Nov 7 with 2541 viewsTractorCam

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:10 - Nov 7 by JimmyJazz

Agree, but what is the schedule like around round 2? We'll have yet another game to fit in when Oxford gets called off

Blackpool (H) NOV 23
Wycombe (H) NOV 26
Fa cup NOV 30

Coventry (A) DEC 7

Nothing stopping us from playing a decent/fringe line up on that day.

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 14:40 - Nov 7 with 2512 viewsSitfcB

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:01 - Nov 7 by PJH

Thought that was his fourth one, he certainly tried very hard to get that booking on Tuesday.

ITFC website (and this one) say 4 yellows.

Ah it was his fourth.

When I looked at a stats page on Sky Sports when he got it on Tuesday it said he was on 4.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 16:45 - Nov 7 with 2474 viewsChurchman

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:15 - Nov 7 by portmanking

If Norwood was to tear his hamstring on Saturday or Downes broke his leg in a crunching tackle, we would all be questioning why they were risked in a meaningless cup tie, no?

I dislike our FA Cup record as much as the next person, but given the great position we're in in the league, we shouldn't be looking to jeopardise that, surely?

It’s a good point, but in this instance given the Oxford game is postponed, I think its a risk worth taking. Any player carrying a knock of anything kind leave out but other than that, play the best side available.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 16:48 - Nov 7 with 2472 viewsstrikalite

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:21 - Nov 7 by JakeITFC

The advantages of rotation aren’t really seen now, but in five months time when we have a fixture pile-up and are hopefully able to have a whole squad of players who are not only fit, but also in-tune.

I think back to the seasons of Royle and McCarthy when promotion was a real possibility and then we had injuries to Kuqi and Murphy. You bring in players from the cold (Scowcroft and Wood) and it just doesn’t work.

Highlights right now how weak we are in depth upfront, midfield changes isn't a problem with the depth there, so Keane will 100% start, it's just who partners him, Morris would have been ideal, or Freddie obviously, Keane has to get minutes whenever he can..
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 19:49 - Nov 7 with 2422 viewslmfcblue

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:04 - Nov 7 by portmanking

Okay, meaningless might not be the right word, but the sole aim this year is to bounce back to the Championship, no?

I agree that modern football is the root of the demise of all cup competitions. Players are now financial assets rather than just that, players. People like Mick Mills say "why can't Player X play 50 games like I did" but given the sums involved in the game today it's not hard to see why certain players are wrapped in cotton wool.

Risking long-term injury in these cups that we're realistically unlikely to progress too far in versus having them fit and gaining promotion and £9m+ is the unfortunate trade-off.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:05]

You can risk long term injury in training so we just need to get on with it and play a strong side get the win, get our name in the hat for the next round!
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 19:59 - Nov 7 with 2417 viewsRocky

PL constantly tells us the importance of connecting with the fans and how disillusioned we were when he first arrived. Surely the best way of keeping supporters onside is to say how important a good cup run is?
Not that he will.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 20:47 - Nov 7 with 2400 viewsjas0999

Agreed
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:03 - Nov 8 with 2329 viewspointofblue

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 13:19 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

Just announced Oxford game is postponed so basically 18 games between first team fixtures, Wycombe 3 days later and if no FA Cup game then 11 days until next league game

Will be 5 league games from 26th October until 7th December.

Who have Oxford got in the cup? Maybe game ends up being on 30th November if we are both out

They’re away at Hayes & Yeading - think it’s on TV?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:07 - Nov 8 with 2322 viewssolemio

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:03 - Nov 8 by pointofblue

They’re away at Hayes & Yeading - think it’s on TV?

Yes, it is.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 12:38 - Nov 8 with 2294 viewstractorboy1978

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 11:21 - Nov 7 by JakeITFC

The advantages of rotation aren’t really seen now, but in five months time when we have a fixture pile-up and are hopefully able to have a whole squad of players who are not only fit, but also in-tune.

I think back to the seasons of Royle and McCarthy when promotion was a real possibility and then we had injuries to Kuqi and Murphy. You bring in players from the cold (Scowcroft and Wood) and it just doesn’t work.

Not sure if you have watched the Undr The Cosh podcast with Grant Holt? I thought I might find it depressing but it is worth it for some insight into Lambert. He talks about how his biggest strength is keeping every single player on their toes and keeping the intensity in training high. He was famous there for bringing in a player from the cold which made sure that everybody trained well - you never knew when you might get a chance.
There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 14:47 - Nov 8 with 2258 viewsTractorCam

My team would be

Holy
Donacien Chambers Wilson Garbutt
Rowe Downes Dozzell Georgiou
Jackson Norwood

There is absolutely no reason for Lambert not to pick his strongest available... on 17:27 - Nov 8 with 2232 viewsitfcbam

Absolutely agree. Especially this round there is no fixture congestion excuse. Tuesday is the night to sharpen players like Keane, Dobra, etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024