Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree 11:32 - Nov 7 with 7102 viewsitfcjoe

Had started the season very well with a tiny budget, obviously more to it - a shame though as was interested to see how he got on as he always had Leiston playing some nice stuff and took them as far as anyone could

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 11:33 - Nov 7 with 4892 viewsfooters

Shame. Wouldn't like to see his career stall.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 11:34 - Nov 7 with 4879 viewsUB9Blue

It was a bit out of the blue, perhaps he will go back and try and salvage Leiston's disastrous season.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:11 - Nov 7 with 4761 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe linked?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:23 - Nov 7 with 4713 viewssoupytwist

The old 'budget not matching my ambitions' gambit:
http://braintreeforum.proboards.com/thread/8804/driver-explains-braintree-witham
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:23 - Nov 7 with 4710 viewsBecclesITFC

Back to Leiston? They are currently bottom of the league.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:25 - Nov 7 with 4696 viewsitfcjoe

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:23 - Nov 7 by soupytwist

The old 'budget not matching my ambitions' gambit:
http://braintreeforum.proboards.com/thread/8804/driver-explains-braintree-witham

It's true, they were working on peanuts from all I've heard - if the fanbase was expecting to be challenging then they need the truth to be told to them.

Stowmarket Town are paying more than them

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:30 - Nov 7 with 4680 viewsmaccyd9

Over expectant fans as you say on a tiny budget. No real prospect of every achieving a consistent level of success.

Done a cracking job in difficult circumstances.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:31 - Nov 7 with 4667 viewsmaccyd9

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:25 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

It's true, they were working on peanuts from all I've heard - if the fanbase was expecting to be challenging then they need the truth to be told to them.

Stowmarket Town are paying more than them

Stow paying multiple amounts more. Their budget is high end National South level.
Login to get fewer ads

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:32 - Nov 7 with 4658 viewsKieran_Knows

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:30 - Nov 7 by maccyd9

Over expectant fans as you say on a tiny budget. No real prospect of every achieving a consistent level of success.

Done a cracking job in difficult circumstances.

What about yourself mate? You staying on?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:35 - Nov 7 with 4646 viewsmaccyd9

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:32 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

What about yourself mate? You staying on?

No mate, I've left aswell.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 21:41 - Nov 7 with 4384 viewsBryanPlug

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 11:33 - Nov 7 by footers

Shame. Wouldn't like to see his career stall.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 00:42 - Nov 8 with 4271 viewsITFCMonk

As a fan who’s been to every Braintree home game this season (and Enfield away in the FA Cup loss), I’m actually quite pleased to see him leave. The chairman rarely gives managers the sack (1 in the last 10 years), but Glen needed to go. Recent form has been awful, lost 3 nil at home to team who were bottom. Tactical changes and subs in game have been strange. Should be in play off spots and pushing for the title after the relegation. He recruited well with a squad from scratch but seems like a bit of a dijk to be honest. Even after winning a game 1 nil at home he took the team talk on the pitch having a go at players in one game.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 08:33 - Nov 8 with 4121 viewsbrazil1982

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 00:42 - Nov 8 by ITFCMonk

As a fan who’s been to every Braintree home game this season (and Enfield away in the FA Cup loss), I’m actually quite pleased to see him leave. The chairman rarely gives managers the sack (1 in the last 10 years), but Glen needed to go. Recent form has been awful, lost 3 nil at home to team who were bottom. Tactical changes and subs in game have been strange. Should be in play off spots and pushing for the title after the relegation. He recruited well with a squad from scratch but seems like a bit of a dijk to be honest. Even after winning a game 1 nil at home he took the team talk on the pitch having a go at players in one game.

He was a massive dijk at School too.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 08:45 - Nov 8 with 4102 viewsmaccyd9

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 00:42 - Nov 8 by ITFCMonk

Just out of interest, what makes you think you should be in the play off's?
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 08:47 - Nov 8 with 4091 viewsartsbossbeard

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 08:33 - Nov 8 by brazil1982

He's marmite, that's for sure.

I had a fall out with him some time ago but we're ok now. He's alright.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:07 - Nov 8 with 4050 viewsflimflam

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:31 - Nov 7 by maccyd9

Stow paying multiple amounts more. Their budget is high end National South level.

400 quid a game for some of Stow players, and close to 10k signing on fees being paid for certain players. Madness.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 9:08]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:09 - Nov 8 with 4036 viewsartsbossbeard

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:07 - Nov 8 by flimflam

400 quid a game for some of Stow players, and close to 10k signing on fees being paid for certain players. Madness.

Don't forget multi year contracts too...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:14 - Nov 8 with 4010 viewsflimflam

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:09 - Nov 8 by artsbossbeard

Don't forget multi year contracts too...

I go to home games when not attending Ipswich and is a good afternoon catching up with lots of old faces and a short stumble home after a few bevvies.

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:29 - Nov 8 with 3970 viewsbrazil1982

Really?! Good lord - where's the money coming from? That's insane amounts of money at that level.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 10:14 - Nov 8 with 3905 viewsflimflam

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:29 - Nov 8 by brazil1982

Really?! Good lord - where's the money coming from? That's insane amounts of money at that level.

A wealthy farmer ploughing a shed ton of money in and the manager is not short of a bob either.

Heard that they had to pay close to 20k to another club to buy a player out of his contract.

They are decent to watch tbf and should walk the division but should do as quite a few players dropped down several divisions to sign.

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 10:14 - Nov 8 with 3906 viewsportmanking

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 09:29 - Nov 8 by brazil1982

Wealthy millionaire backer - a race horse owner from the local area.

Talk of £10k player signing on fees are wide of the mark, but they did pay £12k in a transfer fee to Leiston for Seb Dunbar. I'm told Bullard, Jefford and Blake are all on £350 p/w.

The club could easily hold its own a couple of leagues above when you consider the size of the town and the way that much-smaller Needham Market have achieved it.

The Town Council needs to believe in what's going on at Greens Meadow and give the club some slack to make the necessary improvements that could help them become Suffolk's 'second team'.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 10:27 - Nov 8 with 3863 viewsBrightonBlue

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 08:33 - Nov 8 by brazil1982

Was he Thurleston?
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 10:37 - Nov 8 with 3840 viewsGeoffSentence

10K! You can pay that for a England international prospect.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 11:00 - Nov 8 with 3800 viewsmaccyd9

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 10:37 - Nov 8 by GeoffSentence

10K! You can pay that for a England international prospect.

Money has gone crazy at all levels now.

Almost every play in National North/South has an agent and stupid fees and wages being paid in the steps below.

In academy football, Town U15 played Norwich a few weeks back and Norwich had three 14 year olds that they'd paid £500k each for. None stood out.
Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 12:31 - Nov 8 with 3729 viewsitfcjoe

Glen Driver resigns from Braintree on 11:00 - Nov 8 by maccyd9

Money has gone crazy at all levels now.

Almost every play in National North/South has an agent and stupid fees and wages being paid in the steps below.

In academy football, Town U15 played Norwich a few weeks back and Norwich had three 14 year olds that they'd paid £500k each for. None stood out.

Definitely think there is an element up the road of thinking they have cracked it and believeing the hype a little bit too much.

Signed a load of players for U23s as well in last couple of years, all well and good but looks like they'll be back in the Champ next year and the failure to spend proper money in the PL (Sheff U levels, not Villa levels) will come back to bite them and bouncing back not easy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024