Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further to yesterday's abuse warning 20:06 - Nov 7 with 5508 viewsPhilTWTD

Just had another glut of abuse reports and related PMs, all regarding to the same spat between a handful of long-term users which has been ongoing for some months, probably longer, but seems to have come to a head over the last couple of weeks.

I think we've asked nicely enough for it to stop but so far to no avail. If it continues I'm not sure we have any alternative but to ban all those involved. Getting ridiculous now, the forum can't work if posters spent their time sniping and winding one another up. As much as anything else, it's not fair on us to take up our evenings with this sort of thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 21:57 - Nov 7 with 1291 viewsjeera

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 21:46 - Nov 7 by wkj

How much would you pay your chief spice grinder?

Pay?

He'll do it because I allow it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 21:58 - Nov 7 with 1290 viewswkj

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 21:57 - Nov 7 by jeera

Pay?

He'll do it because I allow it.

Mr Schwanns it is then

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 23:09 - Nov 7 with 1224 viewswitchdoctor

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 21:10 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

Wouldn't want to create any more work for you! but might be worth it if it saved you time in the long run?

why should phil n gav have more work to resolve the crap?...they have had enough warnings...ban the jerks...for good!!!
Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 05:46 - Nov 8 with 1116 viewsSitfcB

Yeah shouldn’t be any abuse etc but people should stop being so f’king sensitive and not report everything all the time or PM yourself.

It’s like running to the teacher at school ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:07 - Nov 8 with 1077 viewsartsbossbeard

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 05:46 - Nov 8 by SitfcB

Yeah shouldn’t be any abuse etc but people should stop being so f’king sensitive and not report everything all the time or PM yourself.

Correct.

If you constantly feel the need to run to admin, then maybe posting on a forum isn't for you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:52 - Nov 8 with 1038 viewsBloomBlue

Sorry I disagree. While I couldn't care less about how much abuse I get you're saying if someone is being abused they should accept it or leave the forum. That's like saying on any website the abused should leave the site and let the abusers get on with it.
While I agree people do take the internet far too seriously and I'm sure some people need to look at themselves in mirror you cannot let internet bullies win.
Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:57 - Nov 8 with 1019 viewsHerbivore

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:52 - Nov 8 by BloomBlue

Sorry I disagree. While I couldn't care less about how much abuse I get you're saying if someone is being abused they should accept it or leave the forum. That's like saying on any website the abused should leave the site and let the abusers get on with it.
While I agree people do take the internet far too seriously and I'm sure some people need to look at themselves in mirror you cannot let internet bullies win.

Some of the stuff I've seen reported as abuse though, my word.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 08:09 - Nov 8 with 980 viewsSitfcB

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:52 - Nov 8 by BloomBlue

Not saying they should leave the forum, just man up a bit.

Put the person they have a problem with on ignore and that’s that.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 08:42 - Nov 8 with 938 viewsBloomBlue

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 07:57 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

Some of the stuff I've seen reported as abuse though, my word.

No I get that, it's a fine line and one person's abuse is another person's humour and I do think we take the internet too seriously but the abuser is always the one who should leave.
Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 08:46 - Nov 8 with 928 viewsBloomBlue

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 08:09 - Nov 8 by SitfcB

I understand but you have to be careful you have to stop the abuse at some point. If people want to abuse someone because it makes them happy I'm happy to step forward as their victim it really doesnt bother me.
Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 10:25 - Nov 8 with 888 viewsRyorry

You're saying serious, and I mean really serious, bullying should just be tolerated then?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 10:36 - Nov 8 with 881 viewsHerbivore

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 10:25 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

You're saying serious, and I mean really serious, bullying should just be tolerated then?

I don't think that's what he's saying, no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 10:45 - Nov 8 with 863 viewsRyorry

Further to yesterday's abuse warning on 08:09 - Nov 8 by SitfcB

Putting the bully on ignore means they can actually carry on bullying an individual even more, which is why I suggested the complete block option yesterday.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024