Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match 20:52 - Nov 7 with 26710 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Have fully nicked this off Ipswich Fanzone twitter, but it had me laughing. So I decided to bring it to TWTD.

Home or Away game.. fire away

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:30 - Nov 9 with 2913 viewsCanadianBlue

Away against Arsenal in the Carling semi-final after Wenger said we were more rugby than football.

"Swing Low, Sweat Chariot"

Had a few tears in my eyes from laughter and sheer happiness that Ipswich fans would embrace that.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:24 - Nov 9 with 2816 viewspatrickswell

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:30 - Nov 9 by CanadianBlue

Away against Arsenal in the Carling semi-final after Wenger said we were more rugby than football.

Had a few tears in my eyes from laughter and sheer happiness that Ipswich fans would embrace that.

Point of order, but it was the charmless Cesc Fabregas who called us that. Doubtless smarting from having spent the night in Colin Healy’s pocket. Wenger was very gracious as I recall.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:30 - Nov 9 with 2771 viewstractordownsouth

At the Sheffield Wednesday game there was a bloke in the SBR lower who kept shouting " You'll never play for England" at Keiran Westwood.

That'll be Keiran Westwood who has 21 caps for the Republic of Ireland.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:38 - Nov 9 with 2759 viewstractordownsouth

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:40 - Nov 8 by Superblue95

I always laugh when I think of the time we thrashed Sheff Weds on the opening game of the season (07/08?) and loads of people started chanting “4-0 and your house is wet” because there was bad floods in Yorkshire at the time.

Another mildly funny one was home to Wednesday again a few years later and Keiran Westwood got injured. When it was announced he was due to be replaced by Adam Wildsmith the whole North Stand seemed to turn to the person next to them and say “who?” About 5 seconds later as he ran towards his goal it broke into a chant of “who the f*cking hell are you?”

Yeah I was at the 2015 game...Felt for that Wildsmith bloke to be honest haha

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 2756 viewsDarth_Koont

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:30 - Nov 9 by CanadianBlue

Another point of order: it's "sweet" chariot

Although "Swing low, sweat chariot" is probably a dogging term.

Pronouns: He/Him

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:35 - Jan 8 with 2515 viewsSamWhiteUK

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:24 - Nov 9 by patrickswell

Point of order, but it was the charmless Cesc Fabregas who called us that. Doubtless smarting from having spent the night in Colin Healy’s pocket. Wenger was very gracious as I recall.

I realise I'm bumping an old thread here...

It always made me smile that he had the cheek to call us a rugby team, when their best opportunity of the game had fallen to none other than himself, and he had put it clean over the bar.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:36 - Jan 8 with 2515 viewsSamWhiteUK

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 13:38 - Nov 8 by tractorboy1978

"He's got a tea towel on his head" - to Efe Sodje away at Southend.

"He's got a pineapple on his head" at Ivan Toney away at P'boro this season
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:37 - Jan 8 with 2517 viewsSamWhiteUK

Always will remember "are you a man or a woman? Man or a woooooman" to a player with long blonde hair at Charlton a few years back and it always makes me laugh. Probably wouldn't be accepted these days...
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:00 - Jan 8 with 2474 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 15:37 - Jan 8 by SamWhiteUK

Always will remember "are you a man or a woman? Man or a woooooman" to a player with long blonde hair at Charlton a few years back and it always makes me laugh. Probably wouldn't be accepted these days...

Icelandic bloke.. forgot his name

I think he got hit very hard in the nuts in that game if I remember rightly

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:00 - Jan 8 with 2475 viewsParky

It's not really that funny, but at the time we were amused.

Watford at home a few years ago, Will Hughes misplaced a cross right in-front of the North Stand, quickly followed by a rendition of "You're just a shít Boris Johnson".

Even he laughed.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:44 - Jan 8 with 2436 viewsSamWhiteUK

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:00 - Jan 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Icelandic bloke.. forgot his name

I think he got hit very hard in the nuts in that game if I remember rightly

Apt
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:48 - Jan 8 with 2432 viewssolemio

A simple one from the days when even top division refs had a job outside football:

The referee's a banker.

As indeed he was.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:57 - Jan 8 with 2418 viewsmonty_radio

When I was about 12, down by the wall of the Coop Stand, a pitch-patrolling Bobby came up , peered down at me and asked what school I went to. When I told him, he replied "and do they teach you to blow raspberries at other teams there?"

Would that was all police had to worry about!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:58 - Jan 8 with 2418 viewshector_clifford

Not really funny, but I remember hearing at Stockport County, how Marcus Stewart wasn't playing because of his broken jaw.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:02 - Jan 8 with 2402 viewsITFC_Forever

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 16:58 - Jan 8 by hector_clifford

Not really funny, but I remember hearing at Stockport County, how Marcus Stewart wasn't playing because of his broken jaw.

Couldn't have been Stockport as Stewart's jaw injury was the season we went down (2001-02) and we didn't play them then.... unless you just happened to be at their ground when you heard.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:02 - Jan 8 with 2403 viewshector_clifford

Also, I didn't have the internet or live in the area at the time, and it was quite funny to turn up to watch us play at Derby, and see Tony Dinning in the starting line-up.

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:05 - Jan 8 with 2396 viewshector_clifford

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:02 - Jan 8 by ITFC_Forever

Couldn't have been Stockport as Stewart's jaw injury was the season we went down (2001-02) and we didn't play them then.... unless you just happened to be at their ground when you heard.

Sorry, maybe he was just injured that game. It was the promotion season, and we won 1-0 I'm sure. I just remember being disappointed he wasn't playing.

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:12 - Jan 8 with 2385 viewsgerryitfc

He shot, he cum
All over Tina's bum
Shilton, Shilton

North Stand to Peter Shilton circa 1980 after a Sunday newspaper exposed his affair with a woman named Tina.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:28 - Jan 8 with 2359 viewsbefxblue

Colchester in the EFL trophy a couple of months ago, some bloke who had arrived 20 minutes late chanted to the tune of the chorus of 'I want to go home':

'All of this traffic, and no f**kers here'
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 2336 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Was at a ZDS/Simod cup tie at Highfield Rd sitting on my own when some Coventry fans pointed in my direction and chanted “What’s it like to have no Friends “. I stood up and took a bow.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:05 - Jan 8 with 2262 viewsPecker

"Don't just stand there Smithy, practice your jumping." Priceless.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:31 - Jan 8 with 2231 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

At the San Siro, after we had been beaten by Inter Milan and were locked in the ground for what seemed like the best part of an hour. A really fat bloke in an ITFC shirt is right at the front, and the Ipswich fans just started singing "Fat Bloke , Fat Bloke give us a song, Fat Bloke, give us a song". And he did. The Italian Carabinieri couldn't believe it, and there was a lot a laughter and merriment despite the result and the lock-in. Was a memorable moment on a great trip.

Poll: would you rather

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:36 - Jan 8 with 2219 viewseddiespearitt03

Best time for footy songs were the 1970,s without a doubt. The "pia pia piano song"...."I am the music man,i come from down your way"......"Grandfathers Clock"...."Red red Robin"......etc

Funny things shouted out during a game...

Ipswich v Everton 1973-1976 time) Remember the tall lanky Everton keeper with dropped shoulders....the North Stand singing "Shoulders....Shoulders"

Song about Man Utd managers Mrs having an alleged affair with the 1st team coach

Song about Peter Shilton's romantic scandal that was headline news......

1980,s/1990,s....West Stand posse singing the "Milky Bar Kid" song...."Wagon Wheels" "Chip shop Annie".......etc
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:39 - Jan 8 with 2212 viewsOxford_Blue

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 00:43 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

That was in the Championship live on the BBC.

I think it was “you only sacked bobby Robson”
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 2203 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 20:36 - Jan 8 by eddiespearitt03

Best time for footy songs were the 1970,s without a doubt. The "pia pia piano song"...."I am the music man,i come from down your way"......"Grandfathers Clock"...."Red red Robin"......etc

Funny things shouted out during a game...

Ipswich v Everton 1973-1976 time) Remember the tall lanky Everton keeper with dropped shoulders....the North Stand singing "Shoulders....Shoulders"

Song about Man Utd managers Mrs having an alleged affair with the 1st team coach

Song about Peter Shilton's romantic scandal that was headline news......

1980,s/1990,s....West Stand posse singing the "Milky Bar Kid" song...."Wagon Wheels" "Chip shop Annie".......etc

I remember singing ", Shoulders Shoulders" at the Everton keeper. Was about the time i stated watching from the North Stand, mid 70,s i think.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024