Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... 22:58 - Nov 7 with 6073 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....apparently her and her family feel entirely safe around lefties!

...incoming!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:53 - Nov 8 with 1180 viewslongtimefan

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:36 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

Even if you adjust for population/electorate growth, you would have to go back to Heath and Callaghan to find a stronger performance (bar 1997).

So there.

But the previous leaders weren't in a contest with the most inept Conservative Leader ever (though that title may be passed on very shortly)
Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:57 - Nov 8 with 1170 viewsStokieBlue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 14:54 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

In the 50+ years since England won the World Cup, Labour have only received more votes than Jeremy Corbyn achieved in 2017 on one occasion (1997).

I would imagine you were saying similar things before that 2017 election and I dare say you might be making the same mistake again. Of course millions of people don't support the current Labour party. Millions of people *don't* support each of the parties at every single election. That's how it works.

Feel free to join the real world at some point, in which millions of people will be voting for Labour on December 12th. Good luck.

To be fair that's a bit of a simplistic analysis of the position.

Sure, Labour increased their vote but in order to really refute her point you'd have to show that a lot of them were converts rather than new voters and you'd also have to show that historic Labour voters still voted and weren't replaced by new voters.

Just stating an increased absolutely number doesn't really say much about disillusioned historical Labour voters of which I am sure there are many - same as there are for all parties. I'd also say that stating an election result from 2017 doesn't entirely refute contemporary polling.

There is also the chance these voters, whilst being disillusioned will still vote Labour anyway.

It's certainly an interesting discussion and everyone loves a bit of statistics :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:18 - Nov 8 with 1136 viewsZedRodgers

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:57 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

To be fair that's a bit of a simplistic analysis of the position.

Sure, Labour increased their vote but in order to really refute her point you'd have to show that a lot of them were converts rather than new voters and you'd also have to show that historic Labour voters still voted and weren't replaced by new voters.

Just stating an increased absolutely number doesn't really say much about disillusioned historical Labour voters of which I am sure there are many - same as there are for all parties. I'd also say that stating an election result from 2017 doesn't entirely refute contemporary polling.

There is also the chance these voters, whilst being disillusioned will still vote Labour anyway.

It's certainly an interesting discussion and everyone loves a bit of statistics :).

SB

A fair point SB.

Your response also adds to my point that Ryorry's declaration was baseless though, so thanks I guess.

Here's some interesting contemporary polling:

No, not at the moment

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:21 - Nov 8 with 1129 viewsZedRodgers

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:45 - Nov 8 by jaykay

they all must have you on ignore zed as they never answer your politely put questions

Even those that do have me on ignore can't help logging out just to see what I'm up to.

I'm irresistible.

No, not at the moment

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:34 - Nov 8 with 1107 viewsStokieBlue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:18 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

A fair point SB.

Your response also adds to my point that Ryorry's declaration was baseless though, so thanks I guess.

I'm not sure that refutes anything though.

We know that demographic loves Labour at the moment, that doesn't mean that other demographics are disillusioned.

Cherry picking one demographic on an election fought across all demographics is a bit sneaky. You'd pull other up on it I am sure ;).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:35 - Nov 8 with 1102 viewslowhouseblue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:18 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

A fair point SB.

i wouldn't place weight on any polls in this election. you can't trust that any pollster has a model that works. the headline from the latest yougov poll is a 14 percentage point lead to the tories with labour only 3 percentage points above the lib dems. i wouldn't take that any more seriously than the figures you have cherry picked.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:43 - Nov 8 with 1073 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:35 - Nov 8 by lowhouseblue

i wouldn't place weight on any polls in this election. you can't trust that any pollster has a model that works. the headline from the latest yougov poll is a 14 percentage point lead to the tories with labour only 3 percentage points above the lib dems. i wouldn't take that any more seriously than the figures you have cherry picked.

I've been banging on about the uselessness of polls for some time. Something we can agree on at last!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:47 - Nov 8 with 1067 viewsDarth_Koont

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 13:39 - Nov 8 by Ryorry

Your only being able to see some issues in black & white is your problem, not mine.

There are literally millions of other UK voters who think Labour has currently lost its soul, hence its shocking showing in the polls despite being the official opposition at a time when the Govt. of the day is widely recognised as one of the most appalling, if not *the* most appalling, in UK history.

In a YouGov survey, the average person thinks the problem with antisemitism amongst Labour members is 300 times greater than it actually is. The average person!

So millions of people are thinking wrong. But to be fair to them that's because the problem is being hugely exaggerated and accusations are given precedence over facts.

That's a large part of what's propping up the most awful government in UK history.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:51 - Nov 8 with 1050 viewsZedRodgers

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:34 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure that refutes anything though.

We know that demographic loves Labour at the moment, that doesn't mean that other demographics are disillusioned.

Cherry picking one demographic on an election fought across all demographics is a bit sneaky. You'd pull other up on it I am sure ;).

SB

I know.

Just found the gradual increase interesting.

No, not at the moment

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:54 - Nov 8 with 1035 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:26 - Nov 8 by longtimefan

I seem to remember that Theresa May increased the Conservative vote in the same election as well so it's really not much to be impressed by. I suspect its more to do with the fact that the UK population has increased by around 12 million (20%) since 1966!

Theresa May INCREASED the Conservative vote?! I thought the Tory majority was reduced so much she had to get into bed with the DUP?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:57 - Nov 8 with 1030 viewslowhouseblue

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:43 - Nov 8 by BrixtonBlue

I've been banging on about the uselessness of polls for some time. Something we can agree on at last!

absolutely. we can unite in cocking a snook at pollsters and their polls.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 17:41 - Nov 8 with 973 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 16:54 - Nov 8 by BrixtonBlue

Theresa May INCREASED the Conservative vote?! I thought the Tory majority was reduced so much she had to get into bed with the DUP?

Err yes, they got 13.6m votes compared to 11.3m in 2015. Which is why the poster was pointing out that just quoting the Labour vote being bigger doesn’t paint the full picture

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 18:17 - Nov 8 with 944 viewslongtimefan

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 17:41 - Nov 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Err yes, they got 13.6m votes compared to 11.3m in 2015. Which is why the poster was pointing out that just quoting the Labour vote being bigger doesn’t paint the full picture

Indeed. Thank you for finding the actual figures. I was pretty certain that was the case but didn't recall the numbers. It's actually a much bigger increase than I'd remembered.
Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 18:34 - Nov 8 with 926 viewsRyorry

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 14:32 - Nov 8 by wkj

I can confirm Ryorry told me she was busy in a PM as I was trying to upsell her on level 5 breakdown cover with Green Flag. At first I thought it was just a cold shoulder, but now I have a glimmer of hope that she might yet allow me to bag that £4.73 commission on a callback later on!!

Went with GEM breakdown in the end, more freebies, soz! ;)

And, sadly, it was merely a supermarket run followed by trying to get a mutt walk in before the last of the daylight went - but which finished in deep dusk at 5.10pm & with me losing quite expensive new mini-torch, which I must've dropped in the car park area, doh :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 18:48 - Nov 8 with 910 viewsRyorry

Wrong type of Jew on QT alert.... on 15:27 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

Ryorry was waffling about millions of people feeling like the Labour party had lost it's soul. A stat he retorted with such confidence.

What I said disputed that with verifiable numbers.

Whether or not another party had more support isn't relevant to the conversation.

I merely pointed out that there are millions of people up and down the country (do you read other social media?) saying that they feel Labour has lost its soul - a vague expression I agree, but one that's often used because it's hard to pin down a nebuIous feeling. It's also one that's widely understood amongst the UK population.

You may not want to tie it in to people's voting intentions, but it seems a reasonable conclusion to draw. As for the precise accuracy of the polls, I'm sure you know more about that than me! but it would be silly to deny that Labour's showing is currently very poor, at a time when they could and should be making mincemeat of the Tories.

PS It's "she", btw :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024