Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the Prime Minister is lying again 07:51 - Nov 8 with 2219 viewsSteve_M

Because, the essential point is this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:16 - Nov 8 with 2165 viewsitfcjoe

He can't open his mouth without lying, what a sorry state we are as a country with him as the leader

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:26 - Nov 8 with 2152 viewsPJH

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:16 - Nov 8 by itfcjoe

He can't open his mouth without lying, what a sorry state we are as a country with him as the leader

It is depressing and embarrassing isn't it?
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:38 - Nov 8 with 2129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson has spent his political and personal life being a serial liar that I’m not sure even he can separate the lies from the truth in his own brain anymore.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:40 - Nov 8 with 2124 viewsSwansea_Blue

This thread should be a sticky - we’re going to need to use the same title hell of a lot over the next few weeks (and beyond if we’re unlucky).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:53 - Nov 8 with 2102 viewsSteve_M

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:40 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

This thread should be a sticky - we’re going to need to use the same title hell of a lot over the next few weeks (and beyond if we’re unlucky).

Can the board cope with a 500 page thread?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:56 - Nov 8 with 2092 viewsHerbivore

When he does stuff like this the lead story on the news should be "PM lies about...." followed with the actual truth. It'd get tedious but I don't see how else you counter the deliberate disinformation and there is no incentive for him to change when the corrections have less reach than the lies.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:00 - Nov 8 with 2069 viewsSaleAway

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:56 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

When he does stuff like this the lead story on the news should be "PM lies about...." followed with the actual truth. It'd get tedious but I don't see how else you counter the deliberate disinformation and there is no incentive for him to change when the corrections have less reach than the lies.

that would require the media to care

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:06 - Nov 8 with 2059 viewsBigManBlue

Pretty shocked that the major news outlets didn't cover the campaign launch this way. I think it was the Beeb who merely reported what Johnson claimed without mentioning that very little of it bears any relation to the truth.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:09 - Nov 8 with 2050 viewsartsbossbeard

BoJo supporters can't see this though, he really is Trump-like in this regard.

One of my facebook peeps shared a post last night along the lines of "Labour supports uncontrolled immigration, be careful where you stick that X"

A quick google later provided me with a link to show this wasn't true and I posted the link in response.

Their reply "Not yet".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:11 - Nov 8 with 2036 viewsHerbivore

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:06 - Nov 8 by BigManBlue

Pretty shocked that the major news outlets didn't cover the campaign launch this way. I think it was the Beeb who merely reported what Johnson claimed without mentioning that very little of it bears any relation to the truth.

The BBC's political coverage has become a cesspit to be honest. They privilege access to Johnson over decent journalism and although they occasionally fact check his claims they tend to bury the results. Even the Times have been more proactive in exposing Johnson's problematic relationship with the truth.

There is also a sharp and telling contrast in the tone and content of Laura Kuensberg's opinion pieces on Johnson's campaign launch versus Corbyn's, worth having a look. There is no pretense to neutrality imo, she in particular has become a largely unquestioning mouthpiece for Johnson in order to maintain access.

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:12 - Nov 8 with 2038 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:53 - Nov 8 by Steve_M

Can the board cope with a 500 page thread?

There's a Brexit thread on one of the Swans' boards that's over 700 pages long. Imagine the cesspitery in that.

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:13 - Nov 8 with 2031 viewsartsbossbeard

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:12 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

There's a Brexit thread on one of the Swans' boards that's over 700 pages long. Imagine the cesspitery in that.

Are you just called "Blue" on the Swansea forum?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:14 - Nov 8 with 2026 viewsPJH

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:13 - Nov 8 by artsbossbeard

Are you just called "Blue" on the Swansea forum?

or Ipswich_White.
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:20 - Nov 8 with 2005 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:14 - Nov 8 by PJH

or Ipswich_White.

I should do that. I can't imagine a Swans forum letting anyone register with 'blue' in the name, what with the Cardiff links and all that.

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:44 - Nov 8 with 1967 viewslongtimefan

Not defending the buffoon and may have misunderstood, but isn't using the word "lying" in this particular instance excessive given the quote "I got an expert to analyse this doc. They said by claiming there are no “checks” but there is a “minimal administrative process” they are not strictly being inaccurate." There are plenty of examples of his outright lies but the wording "not strictly being inaccurate" would suggest this is not one.
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:49 - Nov 8 with 1954 viewsHerbivore

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:44 - Nov 8 by longtimefan

Not defending the buffoon and may have misunderstood, but isn't using the word "lying" in this particular instance excessive given the quote "I got an expert to analyse this doc. They said by claiming there are no “checks” but there is a “minimal administrative process” they are not strictly being inaccurate." There are plenty of examples of his outright lies but the wording "not strictly being inaccurate" would suggest this is not one.

See what Johnson actually said, not what is in the document. He is saying no checks when there will be some checks. That's a lie.

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 10:04 - Nov 8 with 1923 viewssparks

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:49 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

See what Johnson actually said, not what is in the document. He is saying no checks when there will be some checks. That's a lie.

The entire premise for this election is a lie.

Boris says that its necessary to unblock parliament and achieve Brexit. His deal was passed in principle subject to proper time for scrutiny. Which could easily have been done without an election.

It is a dishonest and cynical ploy to try to get a majority on the people v parluament narrative. Despicable.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 10:06 - Nov 8 with 1913 viewsHerbivore

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 10:04 - Nov 8 by sparks

The entire premise for this election is a lie.

Boris says that its necessary to unblock parliament and achieve Brexit. His deal was passed in principle subject to proper time for scrutiny. Which could easily have been done without an election.

It is a dishonest and cynical ploy to try to get a majority on the people v parluament narrative. Despicable.

Agreed. And indeed if the purpose is to unblock Brexit then a legally binding referendum on his deal versus remain is the clearest and easiest way to do so. The whole thing is an exercise in charlatanry, but what do we expect from a PM who is known to be a serial liar and of highly questionable character.

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 15:22 - Nov 8 with 1777 viewsSteve_M

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 08:40 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, Peter Oborne has the same idea:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:04 - Nov 8 with 1726 viewsblueislander

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 09:11 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

The BBC's political coverage has become a cesspit to be honest. They privilege access to Johnson over decent journalism and although they occasionally fact check his claims they tend to bury the results. Even the Times have been more proactive in exposing Johnson's problematic relationship with the truth.

There is also a sharp and telling contrast in the tone and content of Laura Kuensberg's opinion pieces on Johnson's campaign launch versus Corbyn's, worth having a look. There is no pretense to neutrality imo, she in particular has become a largely unquestioning mouthpiece for Johnson in order to maintain access.

I cannot share your view of Kuenssberg's interviews with Johnson. The ones I have seen she has asked very pertinent questions. Trouble is that Johnson like virtually all politicians just don't answer the difficult questions. They just swerve and switch the conversation to attacking their opponents.
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:10 - Nov 8 with 1709 viewslongtimefan

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 15:22 - Nov 8 by Steve_M

Ah, Peter Oborne has the same idea:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

I've heard of Damascene conversion but crikey!

Presumably the same Peter Oborne who wrote:

"I have long said that I believe Mr Johnson is the most gifted politician of our generation.

Regardless whether Johnson prevails in the Commons this afternoon, there is no doubt about the magnitude of his achievement. Almost all commentators said that this week’s deal with Brussels would never happen

He has displayed an awesome ability to solve political problems that lesser men and women found intractable. Only he could have pulled off the deal."
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 1700 viewsblueislander

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:10 - Nov 8 by longtimefan

I've heard of Damascene conversion but crikey!

Presumably the same Peter Oborne who wrote:

"I have long said that I believe Mr Johnson is the most gifted politician of our generation.

Regardless whether Johnson prevails in the Commons this afternoon, there is no doubt about the magnitude of his achievement. Almost all commentators said that this week’s deal with Brussels would never happen

He has displayed an awesome ability to solve political problems that lesser men and women found intractable. Only he could have pulled off the deal."

Or , he could have voted for Theresa May's deal which is widely considered to have been much more beneficial to the UK
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:18 - Nov 8 with 1691 viewslongtimefan

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:15 - Nov 8 by blueislander

Or , he could have voted for Theresa May's deal which is widely considered to have been much more beneficial to the UK

I wasn't commenting on Johnson or a deal, just the change of heart by Oborne.
I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:34 - Nov 8 with 1681 viewsHerbivore

I see the Prime Minister is lying again on 16:04 - Nov 8 by blueislander

I cannot share your view of Kuenssberg's interviews with Johnson. The ones I have seen she has asked very pertinent questions. Trouble is that Johnson like virtually all politicians just don't answer the difficult questions. They just swerve and switch the conversation to attacking their opponents.

I didn't say anything about her interviews.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024