Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas 09:13 - Nov 8 with 2752 viewsZedRodgers

Finally an admission.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/liberal-democrats-apologise-for-distrib

"Leaflets were posted through doors in Putney which wrongly credited trusted polling firm YouGov for data suggesting the party was neck-and-neck with the Tories. The projections actually came from a company that is not a member of the British Polling Council and uses national polls to forecast local voter intention."

After lots of heel digging from Swinson, Berger et al. Quite a remarkable campaign so far from those who are happy to point out the voter manipulation of VoteLeave/Leave.EU during the referendum.

No, not at the moment

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:15 - Nov 8 with 2290 viewsHerbivore

The Tories and Lib Dems might just out-incompetent Labour at this rate. What times we live in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:18 - Nov 8 with 2270 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jo's going to have to go some to win around my support this time. I'm far from convinced so far. And stunts like this doesn't help at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:23 - Nov 8 with 2252 viewsHerbivore

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:18 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

Jo's going to have to go some to win around my support this time. I'm far from convinced so far. And stunts like this doesn't help at all.

I find her deeply unimpressive to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:25 - Nov 8 with 2250 viewsbrazil1982

There are multiple examples of very misleading LD leaflets this last 12 months.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:32 - Nov 8 with 2231 viewsgiant_stow

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:23 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

It's a little bit tragic.

They seem to have taken inspiration from how the tories are going about things at the moment, but that look really doesn't suit them.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:37 - Nov 8 with 2219 viewshomer_123

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:15 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

The Tories and Lib Dems might just out-incompetent Labour at this rate. What times we live in.

As I've said before, it's like choosing between Keane, Jewell and Hurst.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:38 - Nov 8 with 2215 viewsbluebud

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:23 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

...and talks to slowly to hide her Scottish accent.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:47 - Nov 8 with 2205 viewslongtimefan

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:37 - Nov 8 by homer_123

And as I've said before I wouldn't trust any politician further than I could throw them.
Login to get fewer ads

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:52 - Nov 8 with 2199 viewsOldsmoker

The worrying aspect of this (for me) is that when these claims are made they get headlines on TV and in papers. When they are challenged to provide evidence of these claims, the "apologies" get little exposure unless they contain more lies.
eg.
Labour wants uncontrolled immigration - This is false.
The apology is "Maybe not at the moment but that's what they're planning"
FFS

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:54 - Nov 8 with 2190 viewsWD19

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:25 - Nov 8 by brazil1982

There are multiple examples of very misleading LD leaflets this last 12 months.

Its been standard operating procedure around my way for 10 years......but I live in a 3-way marginal. The LD dominate local politics and I get a leaflet from them at least once a month (probably more) taking credit for random happenings that have nothing to do with them and explaining that only they 'can win here'. I should be slap-bang in their target demographic, but it has put me right off them.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 11:36 - Nov 8 with 2134 viewssolemio

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:54 - Nov 8 by WD19

Its been standard operating procedure around my way for 10 years......but I live in a 3-way marginal. The LD dominate local politics and I get a leaflet from them at least once a month (probably more) taking credit for random happenings that have nothing to do with them and explaining that only they 'can win here'. I should be slap-bang in their target demographic, but it has put me right off them.

I think it's better than only hearing from the other parties just before a general election, then nothing for years.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 11:40 - Nov 8 with 2119 viewspointofblue

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:37 - Nov 8 by homer_123

A very accurate analogy. The problem is Caroline Lucas strikes me as Mick McGiven. If Keane is Boris Johnson I can’t think of any manager who could be compared to Farage.

Maybe I’ll just go and spoil my ballot paper.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 11:40 - Nov 8 with 2114 viewsmrshallisfit

She has great nels though.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:09 - Nov 8 with 2078 viewsClapham_Junction

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:32 - Nov 8 by giant_stow

It's a little bit tragic.

They seem to have taken inspiration from how the tories are going about things at the moment, but that look really doesn't suit them.

They've picked the worst possible time to have their worst-ever leader.

I really do fear that the Lib Dem approach to this election is going to cost them and Labour enough seats to hand the Tories a majority.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:17 - Nov 8 with 2063 viewshampstead_blue

That picture of them both isn't very flattering.

Swinson is rather patronising I find.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:28 - Nov 8 with 2047 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 09:47 - Nov 8 by longtimefan

And as I've said before I wouldn't trust any politician further than I could throw them.

When it comes to trust, Corbyn had the lowest expenses of any MP during the expenses scandal (£4 something for a printer cartridge).

Just saying...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:37 - Nov 8 with 2030 viewsitfcjoe

And she seems to be getting worse.

I think this will see LDs dropping in the polls and people going across to LAB, which is probably a good thing if it ends up like 2017 and effectively a 2 horse race.

For all the talk of only 67% or whatever it is voting for 2 main parties compared to 80% in last GE, think as we get closer then it will end up much closer to 2017.

*Please note 67% and 80% are just best guesses from what i remember hearing, not exact stats....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:39 - Nov 8 with 2024 viewsKievthegreat

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:28 - Nov 8 by BrixtonBlue

When it comes to trust, Corbyn had the lowest expenses of any MP during the expenses scandal (£4 something for a printer cartridge).

Just saying...

Only claiming £4 is nothing to do with trust though. There's hundreds of trustworthy MPs who don't represent constituencies a few tube stops away from Westminster and invariably claim more. I mean a Scottish MP living 400+ miles away will end up claiming a lot more it's not because they are untrustworthy, they just incur more expense.

There's also trustworthy MPs who claim more in office expenses, than £4. Unless they are claiming for frivolous journeys or claiming items for their office when they are for personal use, building duckhouses etc... they're all equally trustworthy.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:43 - Nov 8 with 2006 viewsKievthegreat

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:37 - Nov 8 by itfcjoe

I think this will see LDs dropping in the polls and people going across to LAB, which is probably a good thing if it ends up like 2017 and effectively a 2 horse race.

For all the talk of only 67% or whatever it is voting for 2 main parties compared to 80% in last GE, think as we get closer then it will end up much closer to 2017.

*Please note 67% and 80% are just best guesses from what i remember hearing, not exact stats....

The current share as per the Britain Elects poll tracker is 63.2% for Labour and Tories. Although it's been as high as 69%.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:48 - Nov 8 with 1999 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:39 - Nov 8 by Kievthegreat

Only claiming £4 is nothing to do with trust though. There's hundreds of trustworthy MPs who don't represent constituencies a few tube stops away from Westminster and invariably claim more. I mean a Scottish MP living 400+ miles away will end up claiming a lot more it's not because they are untrustworthy, they just incur more expense.

There's also trustworthy MPs who claim more in office expenses, than £4. Unless they are claiming for frivolous journeys or claiming items for their office when they are for personal use, building duckhouses etc... they're all equally trustworthy.

"Only claiming £4 is nothing to do with trust though."

I would beg to differ that it has NOTHING to do with trust. It clearly shows he wasn't one of those MP's taking the piss with their ridiculous claims.

This doesn't mean MP's who travel further distances are untrustworthy, of course, and I never suggested it does.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:04 - Nov 8 with 1981 viewsWD19

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:48 - Nov 8 by BrixtonBlue

"Only claiming £4 is nothing to do with trust though."

I would beg to differ that it has NOTHING to do with trust. It clearly shows he wasn't one of those MP's taking the piss with their ridiculous claims.

This doesn't mean MP's who travel further distances are untrustworthy, of course, and I never suggested it does.

There is an election slogan in the making:

"Jeremy Corbyn: He might not be up to much, but at least he wasn't one of those MP's taking the piss with their ridiculous claims."

In the current climate that might just be enough to win it.
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:09 - Nov 8 with 1977 viewsZedRodgers

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 12:37 - Nov 8 by itfcjoe

I think you're right.

I'm not saying I agree with the FPTP system (quite the opposite), but it will naturally funnel these voting intention polls into a very different set of results on December 12th.

That's another reason why these Lib Dem bar charts are so misleading. They're often citing results from the EU election, which has a completely different voting system, not to mention different constituencies.

Libs would be more credible if they were campaigning on the basis that they did well in the EU elections and how this evidences that we should be using proportional representation. It says a lot about them that they would rather try and con people.

On another note, I see Swinson seems to have managed to get the Tories to stand down in her constituency. I wonder what kind of pact this is - What do the Tories get in return?

No, not at the moment

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:15 - Nov 8 with 1962 viewsPinewoodblue

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:09 - Nov 8 by ZedRodgers

I think you're right.

I'm not saying I agree with the FPTP system (quite the opposite), but it will naturally funnel these voting intention polls into a very different set of results on December 12th.

That's another reason why these Lib Dem bar charts are so misleading. They're often citing results from the EU election, which has a completely different voting system, not to mention different constituencies.

Libs would be more credible if they were campaigning on the basis that they did well in the EU elections and how this evidences that we should be using proportional representation. It says a lot about them that they would rather try and con people.

On another note, I see Swinson seems to have managed to get the Tories to stand down in her constituency. I wonder what kind of pact this is - What do the Tories get in return?

Brexit party will put up a candidate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:58 - Nov 8 with 1916 viewslongtimefan

The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 13:04 - Nov 8 by WD19

There is an election slogan in the making:

"Jeremy Corbyn: He might not be up to much, but at least he wasn't one of those MP's taking the piss with their ridiculous claims."

In the current climate that might just be enough to win it.

I think I'd be more likely to go with, "Jeremy Corbyn: He might not be a thieving bar-steward but he's a politician, so completely untrustworthy!"
The Electoral Commission ought to be having a look at these fellas on 15:23 - Nov 8 with 1869 viewsBlueBadger

All of eh big three seem to be taking it in turns to demonstrate how utterly unsuited for public office they are. almost as if no-one wants to take charge of this whole sorry clusterf*ck.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024