Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players YOU always wished we had signed 13:28 - Nov 8 with 10955 viewsskyblue23

I'm not talking about players we were linked or close to signing and I'm not talking about Messi or Ronaldo. I'm talking players who weren't world beaters you'd have loved to get in an Ipswich shirt at some point in there career.

I'll start, Liam Lawrence whilst he was at Stoke. What a player in that period of his career for the level!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 09:44 - Nov 9 with 787 viewsPJH

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 09:30 - Nov 9 by BloomBlue

The Gullit and Gascoigne transfers are often listed amongst footballs 'if only transfers'

http://www.midfielddynamo.com/transfers/didnthappen.htm
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 9:33]

As I remember it we did not turn Gullit down as such (as his Wiki page says).
We were considering him as a replacement for Frans Thijssen because it looked like Frans was not going to sign a new contract but then Frans did sign and we did not have a vacancy for another "foreigner".

This was at the time of the 1981 UEFA Cup Final-that is how I remember it anyway.
Players YOU always wished we had signed on 09:50 - Nov 9 with 785 viewsFunge

Were we not pretty close to getting Claus Jensen the summer after we came 5th?

He went to Charlton instead, because apparently there's more to do in London than go to Pals and drink £1.20 pints of Carling, or something. What a dick.

Anyway, he would have been very good indeed; was a constant thorn in our side every time we played Notlob.
Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:28 - Nov 9 with 754 viewsDarth_Koont

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 13:57 - Nov 8 by hatch

Charlie Austin

Strange one, but Shaun Derry too - at the time we were crying out for him.

Agreed re: Shaun Derry. Rather than chasing after a striker or flair player, sometimes it felt we most needed someone to keep things together.

I remember feeling the same about Graham Kavanagh before that. Although that was around the time of Kevin Horlock who I think did a decent but often overlooked job.

Pronouns: He/Him

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:34 - Nov 9 with 740 viewsWeWereZombies

It would have been great if Magilton had signed Jason McAteer and the player was still on the books when Roy Keane arrived as manager. I reckon a McAteer and Walters united front could have taken Voldemort down within weeks....

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/feud-over-jason-mcateer-now-has

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:37 - Nov 9 with 731 viewsBarneycurley

Bernie Slaven

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:43 - Nov 9 with 722 viewshoppy

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 14:25 - Nov 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Tommy Miller described him as unplayable, but just said he was too old to last a 90.

I think you’ll find he actually said “...he was too old as he was 90”.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:56 - Nov 9 with 704 viewsHerbivore

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 09:44 - Nov 9 by PJH

As I remember it we did not turn Gullit down as such (as his Wiki page says).
We were considering him as a replacement for Frans Thijssen because it looked like Frans was not going to sign a new contract but then Frans did sign and we did not have a vacancy for another "foreigner".

This was at the time of the 1981 UEFA Cup Final-that is how I remember it anyway.

That's the version I heard. He was lined up as a replacement that ended up not being needed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:59 - Nov 9 with 699 viewshoppy

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:56 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

That's the version I heard. He was lined up as a replacement that ended up not being needed.

And we had Mich D’Avray at the time too, don’t forget...

Login to get fewer ads

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 11:06 - Nov 9 with 684 viewsHerbivore

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 10:59 - Nov 9 by hoppy

And we had Mich D’Avray at the time too, don’t forget...

I'd tried to forget.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 12:20 - Nov 9 with 649 viewshoppy

Players YOU always wished we had signed on 11:06 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

I'd tried to forget.

Don’t watch any re-runs of Allo Allo then...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024