Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual 17:41 - Nov 8 with 2207 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What's your favorite Indian dish?

Call me boring but I still love Tandoori if done in a clay oven to perfection.

Lamb Rogan josh is decent as well
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:43 - Nov 8 with 1664 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamb Rogan for me too, although sometimes a Dhansak if I’m after something a bit warmer

Someone will arrive in a sec and scoff at a Dhansak being described as warm!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:45 - Nov 8 with 1654 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:43 - Nov 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamb Rogan for me too, although sometimes a Dhansak if I’m after something a bit warmer

Someone will arrive in a sec and scoff at a Dhansak being described as warm!

I think I can handle hot but then I struggle with a madras sometimes if it's done spicy. So I guess I am not man enough.
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:48 - Nov 8 with 1641 viewsChiefXL

Lamb dhansak FTW
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 1631 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Deepika Kadupone.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 1631 viewsNewcyBlue

Chicken Pathia.

My cook at the moment is Indian. He’s alright. Although everything is pretty much hand grenade chicken. A hand grenade shoved into a chicken, put into a pot, and let it exploded. Bones everywhere. I don’t enjoy picking bones out of my food.

I tend to play it safe with the dhal. Which he makes a pretty good one. He hasn’t got much of a clue about western food.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:58 - Nov 8 with 1627 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m a chicken tikka jalfrezi man.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:00 - Nov 8 with 1622 viewsjeera

Nothing boring about food cooked in a tandoor.

As for the others, you cannot go far wrong with a decently cooked dhansak, nor a rogan josh.

Madras, no such thing away from a Western menu of course.

But agree with the other 3 any day.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:01 - Nov 8 with 1622 viewscaught-in-limbo

As a genuine half Indian myself, I'd say anything from this book beats every Indian restaurant meal I've had outside Bradford:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invitation-Indian-Cooking-Madhur-Jaffrey/dp/0099463245/

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:04 - Nov 8 with 1611 viewsfactual_blue

trumpy wumpy masala.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:05 - Nov 8 with 1614 viewsTractorWood

Whenever I go to Asia, locals and colleagues always go for butter chicken. It's awesome as a sharer but may be a bit weak for alphas.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:08 - Nov 8 with 1605 viewsGeoffSentence

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:01 - Nov 8 by caught-in-limbo

As a genuine half Indian myself, I'd say anything from this book beats every Indian restaurant meal I've had outside Bradford:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invitation-Indian-Cooking-Madhur-Jaffrey/dp/0099463245/

Though not a veghead I have this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Krishnas-Cuisine-Vegetarian-Cooking/dp/1635610990

Which, though most excellent, has a lot of recipes with instructions like 'leave to ferment in the sun for two weeks', which is fvck all use for those of us in the UK.

That said I did luck out with a heatwave in May a couple of years ago and made a most excellent lime pickle following those instructions.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:11 - Nov 8 with 1586 viewsfactual_blue

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:01 - Nov 8 by caught-in-limbo

Navajo or Choctaw?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 1578 viewsGaryCooper

Tandoori Lamb chops, Lamb Tikka Jalfrezi.
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:15 - Nov 8 with 1576 viewsEdwardStone

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 17:55 - Nov 8 by NewcyBlue

Chicken Pathia.

My cook at the moment is Indian. He’s alright. Although everything is pretty much hand grenade chicken. A hand grenade shoved into a chicken, put into a pot, and let it exploded. Bones everywhere. I don’t enjoy picking bones out of my food.

I tend to play it safe with the dhal. Which he makes a pretty good one. He hasn’t got much of a clue about western food.

Chicken a la Flymo

I know it well from my travels

I think the theory is that chicken cooked with bones is supposed to be much tastier...bone marrow and that kind of thing

The technique to eat it without choking is to pop the lump of boney chicken in your gob in front of your teeth and kind of inhale the meat off the bones.....

Or just order the veggie option
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:15 - Nov 8 with 1570 viewscaught-in-limbo

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:08 - Nov 8 by GeoffSentence

Though not a veghead I have this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Krishnas-Cuisine-Vegetarian-Cooking/dp/1635610990

Which, though most excellent, has a lot of recipes with instructions like 'leave to ferment in the sun for two weeks', which is fvck all use for those of us in the UK.

That said I did luck out with a heatwave in May a couple of years ago and made a most excellent lime pickle following those instructions.

If you want to go full Indian, make sure your oven is fuelled with genuine cow dung cakes - now available from Amazon.in

https://www.amazon.in/Vrindavan-Bazaar-Dung-Brown-Pack/dp/B07K47SYQG/ref=sr_1_1?

Highly rated too!

#toxic

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:18 - Nov 8 with 1554 viewscaught-in-limbo

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:11 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

Navajo or Choctaw?

বাংলা

#toxic

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:19 - Nov 8 with 1545 viewsChurchman

Shared with er indoors - Starter: Seekh kebab and meat samosa, mains: tandoori chicken, lamb bhuna, aloo gobi, pilau rice and a bicycle seat (nan), washed down by a large Cobra beers two. Boom!
All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:23 - Nov 8 with 1534 viewsfactual_blue

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:18 - Nov 8 by caught-in-limbo

বাংলা

বাজে কথা

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:25 - Nov 8 with 1531 viewsjaykay

my mother made lovely momos

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:25 - Nov 8 with 1531 viewsSwansea_Blue

You’ve got more nationalities that the UN! (Or I’m not paying attention).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:32 - Nov 8 with 1511 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is where it’s at:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:33 - Nov 8 with 1509 viewscaught-in-limbo

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:23 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

বাজে কথা

তোমার মাথাটা বিষ্ঠা পূর্ণ

#toxic

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:34 - Nov 8 with 1507 viewscaught-in-limbo

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:25 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

You’ve got more nationalities that the UN! (Or I’m not paying attention).

One nationality. 2.25 languages.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 18:35]

#toxic

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:37 - Nov 8 with 1492 viewslowhouseblue

this book has been my bible for indian cooking since the 1980s.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:41 - Nov 8 with 1476 viewscaught-in-limbo

All this politics talks is getting people into trouble as usual on 18:37 - Nov 8 by lowhouseblue

this book has been my bible for indian cooking since the 1980s.

Then paradise is only a good Indian grocer's away for you.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024