Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties 18:30 - Nov 8 with 1220 viewsZedRodgers

I don’t think fascism worked out very well for them last time.

No, not at the moment

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:34 - Nov 8 with 1205 viewsgiant_stow

They can just do that?!

Sounds like trouble to me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:34 - Nov 8 with 1205 viewsOldsmoker

2nd time lucky maybe.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 1204 viewsEwan_Oozami

Guaranteed to inflame the situation....imagine if Westminster voted to ban the SNP!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:45 - Nov 8 with 1179 viewscaught-in-limbo

I need to check that out. It's more likely that they have banned all existing Catalan and Basque independence parties. They've done that before.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:46 - Nov 8 with 1177 viewsWeWereZombies

Nothing about this on the BBC or the English versions of El Pais and Al Jazeera yet, this is interesting though:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50287559

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:55 - Nov 8 with 1151 viewsgiant_stow

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:45 - Nov 8 by caught-in-limbo

I need to check that out. It's more likely that they have banned all existing Catalan and Basque independence parties. They've done that before.

what, meaning bods would be free to start news ones?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 19:33 - Nov 8 with 1121 viewsZedRodgers

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:45 - Nov 8 by caught-in-limbo

It’s a non-binding motion and the Spanish government do still seem to be wary of Vox and the other far-right nutters. Hopefully it won’t gain traction.

The motion also calls on the EU to list the pro-independence Committees for the Defense of the Republic (CDR) protest group as a terrorist organisation.

No, not at the moment

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 19:42 - Nov 8 with 1107 viewsBarcaBlue

I mentioned in a previous thread that there's a race to the bottom in Spanish politics, who can dump on the Catalans from the highest point. The appearance of Vox has set the bar much higher so expect the Popular Party and Ciudanos to fight for the dumping high ground. This vote is just playing to the gallery before Sunday's elections.
Login to get fewer ads

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 19:46 - Nov 8 with 1093 viewscaught-in-limbo

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:55 - Nov 8 by giant_stow

what, meaning bods would be free to start news ones?

That's what's happened in the past.

Places get raided, computers taken away, and people behind the scenes go into hiding. It's quite effective.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 19:48 - Nov 8 with 1091 viewsPendejo

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 18:35 - Nov 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Guaranteed to inflame the situation....imagine if Westminster voted to ban the SNP!

Indeed wonder what the SNP take is on the Basque / Catalan desire for independence?

Surely they [SNP] can see that Europe doesn't want them to gain independence from UK and thus would not grant them EU membership due to other regional complexities within Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2017/oct/27/beyond-catalonia-pr

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 20:10 - Nov 8 with 1065 viewsBarcaBlue

My daughter's friend's cousin just scored for Watford - Visca Catalunya!
Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 22:08 - Nov 8 with 994 viewsWeWereZombies

Madrid Assembly votes to ban Catalan/Basque pro-independence parties on 19:48 - Nov 8 by Pendejo

Indeed wonder what the SNP take is on the Basque / Catalan desire for independence?

Surely they [SNP] can see that Europe doesn't want them to gain independence from UK and thus would not grant them EU membership due to other regional complexities within Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2017/oct/27/beyond-catalonia-pr

Different situation, Scotland entered into first a Union of Crowns four hundred years ago because England needed a hereditary monarch and then a Union of Parliaments a hundred years later because it had gone and bankrupted itself trying to start an empire (in the Darien part of Panama of all places). Various organs of state remained entirely Scottish such as the legal system. The last independence referendum was held after all due processes were carried out and there was no legal issue over its validity.

The Spanish constitution that was put in place after the fall of Franco depended on all parts of the Iberian peninsula with the exception of Portugal participating. If Catalonia, Galicia or the Basque country broke away then the new Spanish republic falls. And with the rise of populism, authoritarianism and the far right that could be a recipe for social collapse.

Whether this fundamental difference is fully appreciated at large in Europe I do not know but I cannot see the SNP trying to pull an unauthorised referendum, their proposals in the last one included retaining the Queen as sovereign and remaining fully with the British armed forces. I suspect any new referendum will have independence proposals watered down even further to win as many votes as possible.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024