Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho 20:15 - Nov 8 with 1598 viewsgerryitfc

And I've seen a few. Frans Thiijssen...what a player he was. I was so privileged to watch that side and attend that game among many others.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 20:17]
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:20 - Nov 8 with 1561 viewsChurchman

Clive Woods, FA Cup 6th Round 3rd Replay v Leeds Utd in 1975 at Filbert Street. Curled into the top corner to win the game 3-2. My dad and I were in that tiny little stand behind it and heard the net rustle as it went in. Great memory. I think it was goal of the season, but memory may be failing me.
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:22 - Nov 8 with 1554 viewsSuffolktractor

Absolutely agree. That goal was a thing of beauty.
One of the best ‘team’ goals ever, and I was there. Oh TWTD!
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:33 - Nov 8 with 1529 viewsFtnfwest

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:20 - Nov 8 by Churchman

Clive Woods, FA Cup 6th Round 3rd Replay v Leeds Utd in 1975 at Filbert Street. Curled into the top corner to win the game 3-2. My dad and I were in that tiny little stand behind it and heard the net rustle as it went in. Great memory. I think it was goal of the season, but memory may be failing me.

Is the correct answer although always enjoyed Arnold’s against forest and Burley’s v Millwall as well
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:38 - Nov 8 with 1520 viewsgerryitfc

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:33 - Nov 8 by Ftnfwest

Is the correct answer although always enjoyed Arnold’s against forest and Burley’s v Millwall as well

I was right behind Arnold's v Forest as he curled it into the the corner but I've never seen it since sadly.
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:51 - Nov 8 with 1496 viewsIllinoisblue

great goal but, you could argue, one that cost us the league title and then a shot at the European Cup.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:53 - Nov 8 with 1491 viewsKeno

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:55 - Nov 8 with 1477 viewsGaryCooper

What a cracker remember it so well, I was at the third replay the very night before 0-0 with my dad, he went the next night . Clive Woods goal, it seemed then to be the first time a footballer from England used the outside of the boot.

Happy days.
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 21:18 - Nov 8 with 1435 viewsChurchman

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 20:33 - Nov 8 by Ftnfwest

I was in the main stand at Millwall and Burley’s goal was an absolute hammer job. Shame the Wild West show before the game didn’t quell the riot during it!
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 21:18]
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 21:56 - Nov 8 with 1390 viewsITFC_Forever

There’s been better goals, but I’ve never celebrated an ITFC goal like the equaliser at Anfield in 1992.
Can remember it vividly now.... we were right behind the goal and watched the cross come over, Johnson steaming in at the back post to get his head on it, it’s past Grobbelaar, it’s under the bar.... bloody hell, IT’S IN!!!!

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 22:18 - Nov 8 with 1352 viewsChurchman

FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 21:56 - Nov 8 by ITFC_Forever

There’s been better goals, but I’ve never celebrated an ITFC goal like the equaliser at Anfield in 1992.
Can remember it vividly now.... we were right behind the goal and watched the cross come over, Johnson steaming in at the back post to get his head on it, it’s past Grobbelaar, it’s under the bar.... bloody hell, IT’S IN!!!!

I agree with that. There was a collective intake of breath as the cross was swung over and Johnson ran in....... And we all went totally berserk. I wound up over the seats in front. Absolute mayhem.

John Wark’s goal at Highbury to kill the 78 semi final game was similar though that joy and mad scenes had a massive dose of relief with us having been under the hammer for so long.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 22:46]
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 08:21 - Nov 9 with 1170 viewswoodbridge_blue

Not a classic compared to some of the above but one that always stands out for me is Mick Mills's late winner against Liverpool in the 4th round in 1975 in front of a packed North Stand. Could arguably be the point where Robson's side began to be taken seriously?
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 08:28 - Nov 9 with 1163 viewshammo56

Will never forget the moment when that went in.
Came out of the ground convinced that we were going to win the cup that year especially after knocking out both Liverpool and Leeds. Then came the semi-final and a certain Mr Thomas in the replay.
FA Cup this weekend. Our best FA Cup goal imho on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 1143 viewsEly_Blue

Surely there is only 1 answer??

Osborne 1 -0

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024