Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ick bean iron Berlinner 15:52 - Nov 9 with 1361 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:03 - Nov 9 with 1292 viewscbower

Amazing times. Lived in East Germany from January to July 1989. Saw the very early emergence of pockets of protest but most thought there would be little or no change by the time I left in mid July. How quickly it all folded with no real violence at all was simply astonishing. For such a major world event, our media gives relatively scant coverage of the anniversary.

bluescouser

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:12 - Nov 9 with 1264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:03 - Nov 9 by cbower

Amazing times. Lived in East Germany from January to July 1989. Saw the very early emergence of pockets of protest but most thought there would be little or no change by the time I left in mid July. How quickly it all folded with no real violence at all was simply astonishing. For such a major world event, our media gives relatively scant coverage of the anniversary.

Our media are too busy pandering to a bunch of little Englanders who want to construct more walls (metaphorically speaking, although that's overly kind for some), not celebrate them being broken down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:32 - Nov 9 with 1225 viewsTractorWood

Amazing. I've been to Berlin lots, great city.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 17:07 - Nov 9 with 1191 viewsMullet

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:32 - Nov 9 by TractorWood

I went for NYE and saw the Hoff on the Brandenerg miming jump in my car whilst eating free crisps.

Amazing night.

The underground tour is superb too. Been twice and it's up there as the best city in Europe in my opinion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 17:08 - Nov 9 with 1186 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 16:32 - Nov 9 by TractorWood

I'd like to go some day. I've heard the marathon is meant to be fantastic, but I'm a long way off mentally and physically doing something so daft.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 17:42 - Nov 9 with 1145 viewsTractorWood

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 17:08 - Nov 9 by Swansea_Blue

I'd like to go some day. I've heard the marathon is meant to be fantastic, but I'm a long way off mentally and physically doing something so daft.

It's really expensive but is a world major so you'd expect it to be. I've done Frankfurt and Cologne marathons, would recommend both, I think Frankfurt might even be IAAF gold.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 22:12 - Nov 9 with 1067 viewssolemio

In fairness BBCTV has been showing a whole series of programmes about that period in Germany, East and West.
Ick bean iron Berlinner on 22:21 - Nov 9 with 1042 viewsxrayspecs

Blue Action - the challenge has been laid....

Perhaps we should celebrate the 1970s when the little three wheeler cars were allowed to park pitchside by the players entrance?
Login to get fewer ads

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 22:46 - Nov 9 with 1019 viewsStokieBlue

I've got a piece of the wall somewhere, not entirely sure where though.

Amazing that you were there at the time - it did all unfold very quickly.

Great stuff from the match as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 22:51 - Nov 9 with 1017 viewsjeera

Ick bean iron Berlinner on 22:46 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

I've got a piece of the wall somewhere, not entirely sure where though.

Amazing that you were there at the time - it did all unfold very quickly.

Great stuff from the match as well.

SB

Wall you say? I've got a wall attome!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024