Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action 21:11 - Nov 9 with 6414 viewsm14_blue

You're doing a cracking job.

Keep up the good work.
Blue Action on 12:02 - Nov 10 with 6246 viewsBlue_Order

Cheers buh.

I think a few people had a bit of a shock yesterday. My favourite complaint of the day came from a lady in front telling us we were being too loud.

Too loud.
Blue Action on 14:52 - Nov 10 with 6179 viewsColin_Viljoen

Yes I agree, I think you should warn people if your going to sing a loud song!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:53]
Blue Action on 15:34 - Nov 10 with 6118 viewsBlueBadger

Blue action were my ITFC player of the year. They did more to raise the atmosphere at PR than 2 managers and thirty-odd players did.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blue Action on 20:42 - Nov 10 with 6050 viewstrueblue1970

It’s great to hear the place rocking again, keep up the good work

COYB
Blue Action on 09:39 - Nov 11 with 5940 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes, well said.

I loved that "Blue and white and white army" chant that was going for ages. Very tribal.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action on 09:51 - Nov 11 with 5928 viewsSwailsey

Agreed. Whilst I don't always join in with all of the chants (personal taste init), the fact that we have that noise, and that presence is amazing. I've had a season ticket in North Lower S5 for about 10 years now, after originally sitting more to the right) and it's the best atmosphere I can remember since the play-off season a few years ago, which in itself was a bit of a one-off.

I loved the banners last year and the general feeling it generates. Plus, the more Smiths references the better please!

I don't necessarily agree with all the things sung (and I promise that I'm not trying to raise an argument here), but more often than not, they're fine - plus, you are never going to keep 20,000 people happy.

Keep it up and thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Blue Action on 12:43 - Nov 11 with 5866 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action on 09:39 - Nov 11 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, well said.

I loved that "Blue and white and white army" chant that was going for ages. Very tribal.

Aye, that was decent when everyone eventually joined in with it.

How did Saturday compare to the usual atmosphere in S5, by the way? It’s hard to tell what it’s like when we’re over in S6.

A lot of people seemed to be taken aback by us singing for the whole game.
Blue Action on 12:51 - Nov 11 with 5847 viewswrightsrightglove

Blue Action on 12:43 - Nov 11 by Blue_Order

How did Saturday compare to the usual atmosphere in S5, by the way? It’s hard to tell what it’s like when we’re over in S6.

As a S4 season ticket holder who was there on Saturday it definitely made a difference having you closer to us and I think this would be even more prevalent during a league game.

Had a non-regular in front of me complaining about people standing up and saying she was going to make a complaint to the club about it...
Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action on 12:54 - Nov 11 with 5836 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action on 12:51 - Nov 11 by wrightsrightglove

As a S4 season ticket holder who was there on Saturday it definitely made a difference having you closer to us and I think this would be even more prevalent during a league game.

Had a non-regular in front of me complaining about people standing up and saying she was going to make a complaint to the club about it...

Our fans are hilarious.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action on 13:02 - Nov 11 with 5810 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action on 12:54 - Nov 11 by TractorCam

Our fans are hilarious.

Embarrassing.

Some really should fcuk off & find another hobby.

Or just sit somewhere else.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action on 13:02 - Nov 11 with 5814 viewsDyland

Blue Action on 12:54 - Nov 11 by TractorCam

Our fans are hilarious.

I agree it seems ridiculous, but just to be devil's advocate, do the club inform fans buying tickets that people stand in NSL? I guess that may be an issue re FA regs.

Certainly anyone ignorant of the informal standing protocol in NSL should just take it on the chin and sit somewhere else the next time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Blue Action on 13:04 - Nov 11 with 5802 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action on 13:02 - Nov 11 by Dyland

I agree it seems ridiculous, but just to be devil's advocate, do the club inform fans buying tickets that people stand in NSL? I guess that may be an issue re FA regs.

Certainly anyone ignorant of the informal standing protocol in NSL should just take it on the chin and sit somewhere else the next time.

I really do hope the club make the SBRL a proper safe standing area soon.

Evans out

Blue Action on 13:11 - Nov 11 with 5777 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action on 13:02 - Nov 11 by Dyland

I've never tried it, but I imagine if you spoke to a steward during the game they'd probably let you move to the upper tier if you need to sit. Some folk are only happy when they've got something to moan about, e.g. a remembrance day banner obscuring their view of the pitch before kickoff.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Blue Action on 13:13 - Nov 11 with 5773 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action on 13:11 - Nov 11 by SouperJim

I've never tried it, but I imagine if you spoke to a steward during the game they'd probably let you move to the upper tier if you need to sit. Some folk are only happy when they've got something to moan about, e.g. a remembrance day banner obscuring their view of the pitch before kickoff.

You don't even need to ask a steward.

The stairwells are open throughout the game & there are plenty of seats available up there.

Evans out

Blue Action on 14:24 - Nov 11 with 5710 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think it was better, though not much in it. The drummer really helped with the tribal aspect of that chant. I found myself dancing to it!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action on 14:34 - Nov 11 with 5695 viewsSouperJim

I think it was a good start. It's a bit tricky to tell with a cup game, as you get a different mixture of fans anyway and the atmosphere usually suffers as a result. My 2p worth is try to mix more traditional songs with the new stuff a bit more, but keep on with the newer ones that stick. People are always slow to join in with newer chants, but you're likely to have more success if you're already leading from the front with the stuff people already know and are comfortable singing.

As has been said, the blue and white army chant really took hold during the second half when we were getting on top. Loved it. And don't be put off by the moaners, I'm sure you won't be, but they really are the vocal minority.

Blue Action on 14:38 - Nov 11 with 5679 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action on 13:04 - Nov 11 by Reuser_is_God

I really do hope the club make the SBRL a proper safe standing area soon.

Depends what type. Rail seating where the chairs pin up, which would probably be the choice, its a no from me.

If you love scenes and limbs and whatever else it goes as, these are terrible as you are basically stuck in place. I like seeing people fly over 5 rows of seats, maybe I am weird I don't know.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Blue Action on 14:40 - Nov 11 with 5679 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action on 14:34 - Nov 11 by SouperJim

I think it was a good start. It's a bit tricky to tell with a cup game, as you get a different mixture of fans anyway and the atmosphere usually suffers as a result. My 2p worth is try to mix more traditional songs with the new stuff a bit more, but keep on with the newer ones that stick. People are always slow to join in with newer chants, but you're likely to have more success if you're already leading from the front with the stuff people already know and are comfortable singing.

As has been said, the blue and white army chant really took hold during the second half when we were getting on top. Loved it. And don't be put off by the moaners, I'm sure you won't be, but they really are the vocal minority.

There was another song about Europe that sounded good but I didn't know the words to. Aberdeen was mentioned. It would be good if Blue Action posted the lyrics of new songs on TWTD.

Also, I'd love it if they did something to The Story Of The Blues.

Blue Action on 15:59 - Nov 11 with 5640 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action on 14:34 - Nov 11 by SouperJim

The singing of traditional songs is a fair point, and one that’s been made on here before, and we did make a conscious effort to do that on Saturday to try and keep everyone else in the stand involved. I think we sang nearly all of the old ones we could think of, and then added 3/4 of our own to keep things ticking over.

The problem with the traditional ones is that most aren’t the type that can be carried on for a prolonged spell, which is where repetitive ones like that Blue & White Army are useful.
Blue Action on 16:15 - Nov 11 with 5619 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action on 14:40 - Nov 11 by BrixtonBlue

There was another song about Europe that sounded good but I didn't know the words to. Aberdeen was mentioned. It would be good if Blue Action posted the lyrics of new songs on TWTD.

Also, I'd love it if they did something to The Story Of The Blues.

That’ll be the Rotterdam song. We’ve been singing that since February but it never seems to carry on for that long, which is a shame cause we think it’s a good one.

Blue Action on 16:24 - Nov 11 with 5589 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action on 16:15 - Nov 11 by Blue_Order

That’ll be the Rotterdam song. We’ve been singing that since February but it never seems to carry on for that long, which is a shame cause we think it’s a good one.

Can't view that image host at work, is that the one the ends with something about "never lost at home"? Sounds like a good one if so but haven't been able to make the words out.

Blue Action on 16:41 - Nov 11 with 5547 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action on 16:24 - Nov 11 by SouperJim

Can't view that image host at work, is that the one the ends with something about "never lost at home"? Sounds like a good one if so but haven't been able to make the words out.

Yeah that’s the one, mate. About our unbeaten European home record.

They came from Rotterdam, St Etienne, Aberdeen and Rome
Madrid and Barcelona, we’ve never lost at home
Never lost at home
Blue Action on 16:44 - Nov 11 with 5540 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 14:38 - Nov 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Depends what type. Rail seating where the chairs pin up, which would probably be the choice, its a no from me.

If you love scenes and limbs and whatever else it goes as, these are terrible as you are basically stuck in place. I like seeing people fly over 5 rows of seats, maybe I am weird I don't know.

Couldn't agree more. Rail seats are not the panacea everyone thinks, and if anything - as you say - further restrict your movement...

What they need is just old style terracing, but with more crush barriers and strict ticket controls to stop a terrace getting too packed. Then we can get good ol' crowd surges going again. I would LOVE to have experienced that back in the day..!

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action on 16:50 - Nov 11 with 5524 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action on 16:41 - Nov 11 by Blue_Order

Yeah that’s the one, mate. About our unbeaten European home record.

They came from Rotterdam, St Etienne, Aberdeen and Rome
Madrid and Barcelona, we’ve never lost at home
Never lost at home

Love it

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:04 - Nov 16 with 5308 viewstrueblue1970

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024