Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? 06:47 - Nov 10 with 1065 viewsharlingblue

Did we really want yet another game? The team picked today suggested No! Not a team selected to win the game, but lose it. So yet another game added. We are in the famous FA Cup Draw for the next Round, and yet have a game to prove our worth of this. Time for PL to pick his best team for the replay and move on in Cup and League. Us real supporters demand it of you.
A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 08:57 - Nov 10 with 974 viewsGuthrum

Are you saying that yesterday's players - Dozzell, Dobra, Georgiou, Huws, Keane - are not good enough to be in the squad?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:01 - Nov 10 with 970 viewsDubtractor

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 08:57 - Nov 10 by Guthrum

Are you saying that yesterday's players - Dozzell, Dobra, Georgiou, Huws, Keane - are not good enough to be in the squad?

I don't think Keane is good enough, not at the minute. And if we're being honest Dobra isn't yet either.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:10 - Nov 10 with 957 viewsElephantintheRoom

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 08:57 - Nov 10 by Guthrum

They ARE in the squad.... simply not good enough to be in a team. Given there is only another joke cup game on the horizon, Lambo's team selection was embarassing AND inexplicable.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:18 - Nov 10 with 933 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:01 - Nov 10 by Dubtractor

I don't think Keane is good enough, not at the minute. And if we're being honest Dobra isn't yet either.

So do you think they don't have enough quality to be in the squad? Or is it a case that they haven't had enough minutes of competitive match action? Because if it is the latter, PL did the right thing yesterday.

Poll: would you rather

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:20 - Nov 10 with 927 viewsGuthrum

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:10 - Nov 10 by ElephantintheRoom

They ARE in the squad.... simply not good enough to be in a team. Given there is only another joke cup game on the horizon, Lambo's team selection was embarassing AND inexplicable.

If they're not good enough to be in any team (of higher level than the EFL Trophy), then why are they in the squad at all? Yet these are among the best fan-rated players we have, judging by comments on here and demands for them to come off the bench in League matches.

In any case, our second string can't be that bad if they managed a draw against a pretty much unchanged League One Lincoln side.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 10:08 - Nov 10 with 878 viewsDubtractor

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 09:18 - Nov 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

So do you think they don't have enough quality to be in the squad? Or is it a case that they haven't had enough minutes of competitive match action? Because if it is the latter, PL did the right thing yesterday.

I remain entirely unconvinced that Keane is good enough full stop. He is rubbish in the air, not that strong, passing and decision making was poor yesterday too. It may just be lack of sharpness, but given his very patchy career to date and the fact that Hull played him 22 times in 3 seasons (appreciate there was a major injury included), I wonder actually whether this is just the reality of his ability.

Dobra has the potential to be a very good player, but looked a bit lost yesterday and is probably not at the stage for too much first team football just yet. Have no problem with him playing FWIW, but in the understanding that it is part of his development and that it probably made us a weaker team as a result.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 10:11]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 10:18 - Nov 10 with 862 viewsTerry_Nutkins

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 10:08 - Nov 10 by Dubtractor

I remain entirely unconvinced that Keane is good enough full stop. He is rubbish in the air, not that strong, passing and decision making was poor yesterday too. It may just be lack of sharpness, but given his very patchy career to date and the fact that Hull played him 22 times in 3 seasons (appreciate there was a major injury included), I wonder actually whether this is just the reality of his ability.

Dobra has the potential to be a very good player, but looked a bit lost yesterday and is probably not at the stage for too much first team football just yet. Have no problem with him playing FWIW, but in the understanding that it is part of his development and that it probably made us a weaker team as a result.

Keane was considered one of, if not the brightest prospect at Man Utd when he was there. He was expected to have England honours and was thoughtful midnight then his brother who is now a full England international. If course thinness prior to two had knew injuries but we saw him get fitter and better last season. There is obviously a question mark around his fitness (he wouldn't be here otherwise he would be in the perm potentially). BUT he is class, if we get him properly match fit he will be the best player in our team. I remember seeing him in glimpses for Utd and a times for us last season where you can just see he has real class. I'm delighted we have him.

YouTube his 5 goals against Norwich just to give you a warm fuzzy feeling haha. (In not passing this as evidence of his ability just because he scored 5 against a Norwich 11 and that always nice. One fungus goals is ridiculous though).

You are right about Dobra. So much potential but he'll need these minutes to progress.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 10:20 - Nov 10 with 859 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A make shift team and a draw...is that what we really wanted? on 10:08 - Nov 10 by Dubtractor

The way I see it, yes it would have been great to win, but we are still in with a shout, and really importantly we got competitive game time into a whole bunch of players. When we get to January/February teams around us will be struggling with key players missing, and their replacements will be weak. We will have players such as those who played yesterday, who will be match fit and will hardly notice the difference when 1 or 2 key players are missing. Another night on Tuesday to do the same. Its PL's masterplan.

I don't know about Keane either, he seemed to have the quality from what we saw last season, but PL is no mug and if he thinks Keane just needs game time then I'm happy to believe it.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024