Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think yesterday it proved 10:18 - Nov 10 with 3627 viewsonlymehere

We don’t have the depth in the squad as some people seem to think ,Lambert saying he didn’t want a replay yet put out a weakened side amazes me.
I think yesterday it proved on 10:40 - Nov 10 with 3576 viewsWickets

Not really sure why your amazed, agree with it or not PL has said that he will use a rotation policy and that is what he is doing. In his after match interview on Radio Suffolk he also said he would be using some of the young players who have done well for the under 23's on Tuesday night . You have been warned .
I think yesterday it proved on 10:58 - Nov 10 with 3528 viewsDarth_Koont

We put out a largely second team that did as well as our first team usually does against League One opposition. At home at any rate.

Of course we have strength in depth. If anything, we don't have massive quality in our first-choice XI but I'm hoping that'll come with time as they start to link up better and some of the players get more accustomed to their role and team-mates.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think yesterday it proved on 11:01 - Nov 10 with 3527 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not at all. It simply shows that being selected i a second-choice side that is tasked with losing is demoralisng and demotivating

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I think yesterday it proved on 11:09 - Nov 10 with 3498 viewsbackwaywhen

But our second 11 drew with Lincoln’s first team ! .... so a little strength in depth I would say .
I think yesterday it proved on 11:11 - Nov 10 with 3492 viewslazyblue

Did you not see our subs bench or the players sitting in the stands, at this level the squad is very good.

Overwhelming priority more than ever is the league so I have absolutely no problem with team that played yesterday.
I think yesterday it proved on 11:31 - Nov 10 with 3441 viewsbournemouthblue

I think yesterday it proved on 10:58 - Nov 10 by Darth_Koont

We put out a largely second team that did as well as our first team usually does against League One opposition. At home at any rate.

Of course we have strength in depth. If anything, we don't have massive quality in our first-choice XI but I'm hoping that'll come with time as they start to link up better and some of the players get more accustomed to their role and team-mates.

Indeed, we grew into the game and improved markedly in the second half once they got a better understanding of one another

I thought the link up played between Dozzell, Huws, Kenlock and Georgiou was very good

If we'd had Norwood and Jackson upfront, we'd have scored more than once

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I think yesterday it proved on 11:35 - Nov 10 with 3433 viewstrncbluearmy

Hang about, our reserves played their first team and did pretty well
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 11:36]
I think yesterday it proved on 14:49 - Nov 10 with 3255 viewsFixed_It

This thread hasn't gone very well for you, has it?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

I think yesterday it proved on 15:14 - Nov 10 with 3225 viewsonlymehere

I think yesterday it proved on 14:49 - Nov 10 by Fixed_It

This thread hasn't gone very well for you, has it?

Yes it is.I know if we go up this year we are wanting at least 5 new players.
I think yesterday it proved on 15:17 - Nov 10 with 3216 viewsgeg1992

Huh?

It showed how great depth of squad we have. We got a draw against a good league one FIRST team!

Also, the players were chucked in having had no real game time together, hence why the first half we didn't look great. The second half showed the potential, and we completely dominated them. It's great to see.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

I think yesterday it proved on 15:29 - Nov 10 with 3191 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think yesterday it proved on 15:14 - Nov 10 by onlymehere

Yes it is.I know if we go up this year we are wanting at least 5 new players.

Next season is two transfer windows away - we have more than sufficient squad depth for the league we're in now...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I think yesterday it proved on 15:32 - Nov 10 with 3179 viewsBlueBadger

I think yesterday it proved on 11:35 - Nov 10 by trncbluearmy

Hang about, our reserves played their first team and did pretty well
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 11:36]

Scraping a draw with a third division side is now 'pretty well'.
What a time to be alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think yesterday it proved on 15:36 - Nov 10 with 3178 viewstiptreeblue

I think yesterday it proved on 15:32 - Nov 10 by BlueBadger

Scraping a draw with a third division side is now 'pretty well'.
What a time to be alive.

With our reserves, Why don`t you just bore off, obviously you are anti us at the moment, so just wander off like the childish little man you are, until you grow up
I think yesterday it proved on 15:39 - Nov 10 with 3170 viewsBlueBadger

I think yesterday it proved on 15:36 - Nov 10 by tiptreeblue

With our reserves, Why don`t you just bore off, obviously you are anti us at the moment, so just wander off like the childish little man you are, until you grow up

I'm not 'anti us' just anti 'isn't-being-in-the-third-division-great-look-at-all-the-Improved-performances' guff.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I think yesterday it proved on 15:42 - Nov 10 with 3167 viewstiptreeblue

I think yesterday it proved on 15:39 - Nov 10 by BlueBadger

I'm not 'anti us' just anti 'isn't-being-in-the-third-division-great-look-at-all-the-Improved-performances' guff.

BUT WE ARE IN THE THIRD DIVISION, And you wetting your pants over it all season hasn`t changed where we are, has it. you will just have to accept that we are there. We are not the first club to feel like this, and i`m pretty sure we won`t be the last.
I think yesterday it proved on 16:14 - Nov 10 with 3088 viewsPilgrimblue

Well if he didn't want a replay then he didn't pick a team good enough! For most of the game too many passes went astray and control was poor with Keane the worst offender.

For me the only player to come out with any credit was Lenlock,some did ok but Toto is just dreadful. One thing it show was the lack of left sided CB in squad, that must be a priority in January.
I think yesterday it proved on 16:19 - Nov 10 with 3074 viewssparks

I think yesterday it proved on 16:14 - Nov 10 by Pilgrimblue

Well if he didn't want a replay then he didn't pick a team good enough! For most of the game too many passes went astray and control was poor with Keane the worst offender.

For me the only player to come out with any credit was Lenlock,some did ok but Toto is just dreadful. One thing it show was the lack of left sided CB in squad, that must be a priority in January.

There is some real merit in getting games and sharpness into the likes of Keane, Huws, Kenlock Dozzell etc etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I think yesterday it proved on 17:06 - Nov 10 with 3013 viewsBlueBadger

I think yesterday it proved on 15:42 - Nov 10 by tiptreeblue

BUT WE ARE IN THE THIRD DIVISION, And you wetting your pants over it all season hasn`t changed where we are, has it. you will just have to accept that we are there. We are not the first club to feel like this, and i`m pretty sure we won`t be the last.

I'm not done with the 'anger' stage of this whole sh1tshower.
And I'm also just off nights.

One of these factors may be considerably more important.

I think yesterday it proved on 17:31 - Nov 10 with 2969 viewscbower

Not sure I agree with yo on squad depth. Firstly, we matched a L1 first team having made 10 changes. Secondly, squad depth at almost every level (even at the tpo of Premier League I reckon) does not mean you can put out two completely different sides and be equally strong. What it really means is that a manager can rotate 3 or 4 players at time, or cope with a couple of injuries without completely destroying the chances of his side getting victories. Under the latter, we have a strong squad for this level.

bluescouser

I think yesterday it proved on 20:08 - Nov 10 with 2867 viewshorsehollerer

I don't think it does prove that. If anything it proves that you can't make 10 changes to the team and expect them to be firing on all cylinders from the off. We played quite well in the second half.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024