Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We now have 3 games in 7 days 15:20 - Nov 10 with 4415 viewsgeg1992

Wednesday 20th - Lincoln
Saturday 23rd - Blackpool
Tuesday 26th - Wycombe

The 2 league games are very tough ones too. Surely we will put out a very weak team against Lincoln?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 15:28 - Nov 10 with 4377 viewsPinewoodblue

Be positive. Our first game, after an international break isn't a league game.

Wolves are ahead against Villa and have plàyed nine more games than their opponents.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 15:32 - Nov 10 with 4357 viewsParisBlue

We've got midweek games for four weeks in succession.

Let's say we beat Lincoln, then draw in the 2nd round. Add the second round of the Leasing.com tie into the mix then I reckon that'll be midweek games for six weeks in a row in the run up to Xmas. Then throw in the rearranged game with Oxford, and should we get through to the FA Cup 3rd round another rearranged game Vs Fleetwood and more Leasing.com games it'll be a busy few months.

I can't see Lambert doing anything other than fielding weakened teams in the cups.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 15:38 - Nov 10 with 4333 viewsIllinoisblue

good job we have a big squad then. The amount of bedwetting about a cup replay is off the charts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 16:40 - Nov 10 with 4192 viewsBobbychase

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 15:38 - Nov 10 by Illinoisblue

good job we have a big squad then. The amount of bedwetting about a cup replay is off the charts.

Exactly. And people seem to only be thinking about the short term. It's in March and April when the size of our squad will pay off IF we have ready-made replacements for all positions who've been given some game time.

Lambert's been here before. When he took over Norwich they were a mess and in the end they strolled to the L1 title. He got the best out of some players who had been underperforming and added others along the way, exactly what he's trying to do now, but we've had a superb start.

Why are Woolfenden and Downes such good players now? They got game time out on loan. Playing fringe players in the cups isn't as good a method but it's the same philosophy.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 17:57 - Nov 10 with 4085 viewsEatonBlue

Lincoln replay is Tuesday 19th according to BBC Sport
We now have 3 games in 7 days on 17:58 - Nov 10 with 4080 viewsPhilTWTD

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 17:57 - Nov 10 by EatonBlue

Lincoln replay is Tuesday 19th according to BBC Sport

Wednesday 20th, Town confirmed after the match yesterday.
We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:07 - Nov 10 with 4056 viewsChateauWines

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 17:58 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

Wednesday 20th, Town confirmed after the match yesterday.

It's the Tuesday now

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:11 - Nov 10 with 4056 viewsPhilTWTD

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:07 - Nov 10 by ChateauWines

It's the Tuesday now

Not what Lincoln are saying.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2019/november/191109-facupreplaytickets/

Apparently the Wednesday is outside the international break so I assume we can use players who are back, although I'm not sure how many that might be the case with.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:29 - Nov 10 with 3995 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, by the time the Blackpool match comes around the majority of the first XI will have had a two and a half week rest!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:34 - Nov 10 with 3976 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is what happens when you try and second guess how you’ll do. Football isn’t like that, especially in the cup. We had a home draw against a team struggling for confidence. Start with a strong side, try and put it to bed early and then take off your best players.

Then you don’t have to worry about fitting in another match just before a key league game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 19:06 - Nov 10 with 3920 viewsParisBlue

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:34 - Nov 10 by Swansea_Blue

This is what happens when you try and second guess how you’ll do. Football isn’t like that, especially in the cup. We had a home draw against a team struggling for confidence. Start with a strong side, try and put it to bed early and then take off your best players.

Then you don’t have to worry about fitting in another match just before a key league game.

Same under MM where we had winnable games at home Vs Preston, Portsmouth and Lincoln, only to end up with long trips on a Tuesday night and defeats.

Ironically the only year we seemed to take it seriously was 14/15 at Southampton, only Skuse missing that day.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 23:49 - Nov 10 with 3718 viewsFifeITFC

Suddenly we can see a positive to Lambert's squad rotation policy that he can make changes for both games with everyone theorethically up to speed.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 23:52 - Nov 10 with 3716 viewsFifeITFC

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:11 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

Apparently the Wednesday is outside the international break so I assume we can use players who are back, although I'm not sure how many that might be the case with.

https://www.weareimps.com/firstteam/matches/fixtures/

The fixture list on their website does say Tuesday (TBC) whilst the article does say Wednesday.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 08:10 - Nov 11 with 3525 viewsitfcjoe

We've got what we deserved

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 10:45 - Nov 11 with 3377 viewsChateauWines

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:11 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

I stand corrected. Foolishly went with FA site lol

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 10:55 - Nov 11 with 3360 viewsWickets

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 18:29 - Nov 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, by the time the Blackpool match comes around the majority of the first XI will have had a two and a half week rest!!

Maybe not up to match sharpness ?
We now have 3 games in 7 days on 11:06 - Nov 11 with 3349 viewsPhilTWTD

Will make little odds on that front as the team at Lincoln will be pretty much what we saw on Saturday, perhaps even slightly weaker.

Not condoning the policy, although I can see why PL and virtually every manager we've had for the last decade has done it, but the point he made after the game does seem to have been overlooked. The 10 changes was more to give the fringe players minutes so they're up to speed than resting the regulars, although that will have come into it to some degree, of course.
We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:12 - Nov 11 with 3283 viewsitfcjoe

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 11:06 - Nov 11 by PhilTWTD

Will make little odds on that front as the team at Lincoln will be pretty much what we saw on Saturday, perhaps even slightly weaker.

Not condoning the policy, although I can see why PL and virtually every manager we've had for the last decade has done it, but the point he made after the game does seem to have been overlooked. The 10 changes was more to give the fringe players minutes so they're up to speed than resting the regulars, although that will have come into it to some degree, of course.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other surely?

We now have 3 second string games in a row and the fist team will need minutes after that!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:19 - Nov 11 with 3243 viewsPhilTWTD

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:12 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

6 of one, half a dozen of the other surely?

We now have 3 second string games in a row and the fist team will need minutes after that!

I'm guessing tomorrow might be as near as a third-string game as we can get away with.
We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:47 - Nov 11 with 3205 viewsSwansea_Blue

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:19 - Nov 11 by PhilTWTD

I'm guessing tomorrow might be as near as a third-string game as we can get away with.

It'll be an ITFC Press XI. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We now have 3 games in 7 days on 12:49 - Nov 11 with 3200 viewsDyland

Seems a bit ridiculous innit. I hope we don't play our next league match like we usually do after "first team" extended breaks. I guess Lambert would argue it's all part and parcel of his general rotation policy but I still feel we've lucked out more than usual in the league, even with our "strongest" eleven.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm playing. (n/t) on 12:59 - Nov 11 with 3176 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Don't put yourself down so on 13:17 - Nov 11 with 3143 viewsDyland

I'm playing. (n/t) on 12:59 - Nov 11 by Bloots

You aren't that crap.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024