Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool vs Man City 16:02 - Nov 10 with 3537 viewsHipsterectomy

I've got Sky Sports for the first time in probably a decade this season. Is the amount of hype they are building up for this normal?

I watched the Norwich game on Friday and half the pre-match build-up was Liverpool vs Man City, the commentators were talking about it in the middle of commentating on the Norwich game, the half time and full time were full of it. Banners kept coming up in the middle of the match to remind you of it.

It is funny as it's Norwich, but it came across as really disrespectful

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:06 - Nov 10 with 3500 viewsIllinoisblue

BBC are just as bad, asking "are we set for the highest quality premier league game EVER?"

0-0 it is then.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/50091670

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:25 - Nov 10 with 3450 viewsfloridablue

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:06 - Nov 10 by Illinoisblue

BBC are just as bad, asking "are we set for the highest quality premier league game EVER?"

0-0 it is then.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/50091670

If it's a bore by half time I'm leaving it to follow the Tampa Bay Buccs build up hype!
Liverpool vs Man City on 16:29 - Nov 10 with 3427 viewsbrazil1982

Me too - and how they are now calling Liverpool v Man City as a rivalry. Never has been.
Liverpool vs Man City on 16:36 - Nov 10 with 3404 viewsIllinoisblue

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:25 - Nov 10 by floridablue

If it's a bore by half time I'm leaving it to follow the Tampa Bay Buccs build up hype!

haha! I can't even bring myself to watch the Bears.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

There's only one big game today on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 3388 viewsBobbychase

Betis v Sevilla (8pm)

Ahora Betis, Ahora

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:45 - Nov 10 with 3366 viewsBent_double

Game might be over by ht, 2-0 Liverpool already.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:49 - Nov 10 with 3357 viewsTrequartista

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:45 - Nov 10 by Bent_double

Game might be over by ht, 2-0 Liverpool already.

Is var switched off for this game to avoid ruining it? Both goals would normally be cancelled by var

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:50 - Nov 10 with 3351 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN has been sickening. They had the 'SSN Social', which sounded like 30 minutes of sh1t bantz between each set of armchair fans. I turned over before I could find out.

In the Sky studio they've had the presenter with FOUR pundits. The presenter was trying to say the title was on the line. Each pundit stonewalled the idea which was quite funny.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:52 - Nov 10 with 3336 viewsEastTownBlue

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:50 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

SSN has been sickening. They had the 'SSN Social', which sounded like 30 minutes of sh1t bantz between each set of armchair fans. I turned over before I could find out.

In the Sky studio they've had the presenter with FOUR pundits. The presenter was trying to say the title was on the line. Each pundit stonewalled the idea which was quite funny.

SSN was live from Anfield on Friday morning with a “2 days to go” banner in the corner.

Not much hype there
There's only one big game today on 16:52 - Nov 10 with 3333 viewsfloridablue

There's only one big game today on 16:41 - Nov 10 by Bobbychase

Betis v Sevilla (8pm)

Ahora Betis, Ahora

Huge game coming up... MLS cup final.....Seattle v Toronto massive!
Liverpool vs Man City on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 3295 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure that turning off a tedious, massively overhyped sporting event in favour of NFL will definitely end well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Liverpool vs Man City on 17:40 - Nov 10 with 3209 viewsGarv

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:49 - Nov 10 by Trequartista

Is var switched off for this game to avoid ruining it? Both goals would normally be cancelled by var

Would have been a tragedy.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Liverpool vs Man City on 17:57 - Nov 10 with 3154 viewssparks

Liverpool vs Man City on 17:40 - Nov 10 by Garv

Must be. That was a clear pen on Sterling. Clear from the replay.
Must be turned off.

Or maybe just persistently incompetently and inconsistently applied...

Time to get rid.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Liverpool vs Man City on 18:45 - Nov 10 with 3040 viewsbritbiker

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:36 - Nov 10 by Illinoisblue

haha! I can't even bring myself to watch the Bears.

My raiders have been surprisingly good. No doubt Gruden will transfer the qb next term and then moan that he has no reliable qb.
Liverpool vs Man City on 20:20 - Nov 10 with 2937 viewsGarv

Liverpool vs Man City on 17:57 - Nov 10 by sparks

Must be. That was a clear pen on Sterling. Clear from the replay.
Must be turned off.

Or maybe just persistently incompetently and inconsistently applied...

Time to get rid.

The Mane one on Sterling?

Never.

Somehow they got all the major decisions right today. Even if they hadn't, human error is part of football. A referee is there for a reason, he's the man in charge. VAR completely devalues the referee's position.

Football has proved itself to be absolutely soft. Caving into to all the big clubs complaining that because marginal decisions have gone against them they've lost out on a trophy and x million pounds, because presumably they don't have enough already.

I also blame Warnock for having a complete hissy fit over that Chelsea goal last season.

And Charlie Austin.

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:22 - Nov 10 with 2928 viewssparks

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:20 - Nov 10 by Garv

Never.

Somehow they got all the major decisions right today. Even if they hadn't, human error is part of football. A referee is there for a reason, he's the man in charge. VAR completely devalues the referee's position.

Football has proved itself to be absolutely soft. Caving into to all the big clubs complaining that because marginal decisions have gone against them they've lost out on a trophy and x million pounds, because presumably they don't have enough already.

I also blame Warnock for having a complete hissy fit over that Chelsea goal last season.

And Charlie Austin.

Forearm in the back at someone running at speed. In what way is that not a foul?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:34 - Nov 10 with 2911 viewsTrequartista

Liverpool vs Man City on 17:40 - Nov 10 by Garv

The only thing more farcical than having VAR on subjective decisions is this new handball rule where the decision is different depending on the outcome of play.

If Alexander-Arnold handballs it but instead of a clearance, it runs through to Sterling who puts in the net, the goal is disallowed because it hit B.Silva's hand during the move, even though it wasn't a handball offence. Please don't ask me if a penalty can then still be awarded against Alexander-Arnold.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 20:39]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:48 - Nov 10 with 2875 viewsRomeo4

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:20 - Nov 10 by Garv

Never.

And Charlie Austin.

My experience of the prem this season is seeing my young son become completely bewildered when watching games or highlights of games. It’s confusing for those of us who’ve been watching for years and have a grasp on the rules but to youngsters it’s a complete turn off when you have no idea what the score is and why goals get ruled out full minutes after they’ve been given.

Give me league 1 any day. Much purer version of the game. Not yet tainted by obscene amounts of money and the power that gives.
Liverpool vs Man City on 22:53 - Nov 10 with 2744 viewsGarv

Liverpool vs Man City on 20:34 - Nov 10 by Trequartista

The only thing more farcical than having VAR on subjective decisions is this new handball rule where the decision is different depending on the outcome of play.

If Alexander-Arnold handballs it but instead of a clearance, it runs through to Sterling who puts in the net, the goal is disallowed because it hit B.Silva's hand during the move, even though it wasn't a handball offence. Please don't ask me if a penalty can then still be awarded against Alexander-Arnold.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 20:39]

I'm sure it will happen.

Did you see the Chelsea Ajax one that would have made it 5-4?

Liverpool vs Man City on 23:26 - Nov 10 with 2693 viewsJ2BLUE

Liverpool vs Man City on 22:53 - Nov 10 by Garv

I'm sure it will happen.

Did you see the Chelsea Ajax one that would have made it 5-4?

I had £2 on 5-5 @ 150/1 (placed when Chelsea were 4-1 down). I'd have loved to see 9 man Ajax bombing forward for the equaliser.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Liverpool vs Man City on 07:51 - Nov 11 with 2580 viewsITFC_Forever

Liverpool vs Man City on 16:29 - Nov 10 by brazil1982

Me too - and how they are now calling Liverpool v Man City as a rivalry. Never has been.

All games between the Merseyside clubs and the big two from Manchester have always had an edge to them.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024