Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min 10:31 - Nov 11 with 2021 viewskizaitfc

People on here would be spitting feathers at PL playing him in a cup game.

Ultimately the side he put out should have been strong enough to win that game, to me it proves how off the pace some of the backup players are.

Every player that played Saturday deserved a chance to impress and they got it.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 10:39]

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 1621 viewsMetal_Hacker

FA.Cup...tinpot ? Really ? I presume you're of the younger supporter type / persuasion

Poll: If it were one or the other

Say Norwood had started and scored...... on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 1602 viewsBloots

....two goals in the first half, sending us through to the next round, and then getting taken off at half time.

Not everyone considers the FA Cup to be "tinpot".

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:39 - Nov 11 with 1602 viewsunbelievablue

I have no issue with Lambert's approach. We're top of the league and Norwood is very important to this squad. This kind of approach was way more frustrating in previous years (under Mick mainly) when we've been languishing mid-table.

Edit - proven wrong re: Mick. Sloppy memory.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 10:59]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:40 - Nov 11 with 1597 viewskizaitfc

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:36 - Nov 11 by Metal_Hacker

FA.Cup...tinpot ? Really ? I presume you're of the younger supporter type / persuasion

Edited - Tinpot the wrong word but in my view we have very little chance at getting anywhere in this cup if we really want to focus on the league.

Based on Saturday we cannot afford to risk our first team getting injured or suspended in the event of yellow and red cards.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:40 - Nov 11 with 1593 viewskizaitfc

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:39 - Nov 11 by unbelievablue

I have no issue with Lambert's approach. We're top of the league and Norwood is very important to this squad. This kind of approach was way more frustrating in previous years (under Mick mainly) when we've been languishing mid-table.

Spot on!

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:44 - Nov 11 with 1570 viewsITFC_Forever

He would have a fortnight to get ready for the next league game, so it would depend on the severity of the injury.

But our complete lack of a win in the FAC is an embarrassment and something to be ashamed of. All managers which have been a part of that record are guilty of it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:47 - Nov 11 with 1559 viewsVaughan8

Why bring him on right at the end. Could still get injured?

Not sure if these players were lacking game time or are just not very good. Keane is supposed to be good, but was mostly useless giving needless fouls away.

Huws was surprising poor in the first half.

Nsiala - Meh!

Then plays Donacien who he wouldn't play at right back ahead of a right winger? I thought he did OK.

I thought changing half the time would have been right. May have even saved a replay.....! Strange decision to change all 10 outfield players. The EFL Trophy should surely be a similar team with some of those non-first teamers on the bench coming in. We shall see
Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:50 - Nov 11 with 1553 viewsBlueBadger

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:39 - Nov 11 by unbelievablue

It's still frustrating when we don't have a league game for two weeks(and a chance to maintain some match sharpness for our first-choicers), doubly so given we've ended up with the last thing we probably wanted - a trip up to Lincoln for a replay.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 10:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:51 - Nov 11 with 1547 viewsunbelievablue

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:50 - Nov 11 by BlueBadger

It's still frustrating when we don't have a league game for two weeks(and a chance to maintain some match sharpness for our first-choicers), doubly so given we've ended up with the last thing we probably wanted - a trip up to Lincoln for a replay.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 10:52]

Risk-reward. Guess it comes down to what you perceive that trade off to be. I'm not arsed.

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:54 - Nov 11 with 1529 viewsTractorCam

Those who wanted to play a fringe team would be, the rest of us would understand it's an unfortunate event.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:55 - Nov 11 with 1526 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a myth that we were regularly mid table and putting out weakened sides in the FA Cup under McCarthy though

Why do our Managers not care about cup competitions? by C_HealyIsAPleasure 11 Nov 2019 5:26
That’s not strictly true re McCarthy - below is our position in the league in each of his seasons when the FA Cup 3rd round game came along:

2013/14 - 6th
2014/15 - 2nd
2015/16 - 6th
2016/17 - 15th
2017/18 - 12th

So it was only in the last 2 seasons that we were mid table, and for the 2017/18 game a fairly strong lineup was fielded (Bialkowski, Iorfa, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock, Connolly, Hyam, Bru, Sears, Celina, McGoldrick). So it was only really the Lincoln game in 2016/17 that looks questionable

Tend to be in the camp that thinks making 10 changes was difficult to justify given the upcoming league break and chance to play the reserves on Tuesday, and clearly it’s backfired given we now have the replay to contend with aswell

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:58 - Nov 11 with 1509 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:40 - Nov 11 by kizaitfc

Edited - Tinpot the wrong word but in my view we have very little chance at getting anywhere in this cup if we really want to focus on the league.

Based on Saturday we cannot afford to risk our first team getting injured or suspended in the event of yellow and red cards.

We probably won't win it no.

But if has the chance to give us a good day out and possible bring some cash in.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:59 - Nov 11 with 1509 viewsunbelievablue

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:55 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a myth that we were regularly mid table and putting out weakened sides in the FA Cup under McCarthy though

Why do our Managers not care about cup competitions? by C_HealyIsAPleasure 11 Nov 2019 5:26
That’s not strictly true re McCarthy - below is our position in the league in each of his seasons when the FA Cup 3rd round game came along:

2013/14 - 6th
2014/15 - 2nd
2015/16 - 6th
2016/17 - 15th
2017/18 - 12th

So it was only in the last 2 seasons that we were mid table, and for the 2017/18 game a fairly strong lineup was fielded (Bialkowski, Iorfa, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock, Connolly, Hyam, Bru, Sears, Celina, McGoldrick). So it was only really the Lincoln game in 2016/17 that looks questionable

Tend to be in the camp that thinks making 10 changes was difficult to justify given the upcoming league break and chance to play the reserves on Tuesday, and clearly it’s backfired given we now have the replay to contend with aswell

I take it back re: Mick then.

Stand by the fact that being top of League One in November is absolutely the time to field a weakened team in a first round FA Cup game, regardless of potential for replay.

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:00 - Nov 11 with 1498 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:59 - Nov 11 by unbelievablue

I take it back re: Mick then.

Stand by the fact that being top of League One in November is absolutely the time to field a weakened team in a first round FA Cup game, regardless of potential for replay.

Just added an edit which disagrees with that, but that’s opinions at the end of the day

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:00 - Nov 11 with 1499 viewsMrTown

We are never going to win the FA Cup.

We could win the league this year.

That is my viewpoint on the matter.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:01 - Nov 11 with 1494 viewsitfcjoe

If people are that worried then we should just pull out of the competition.

Norwood could have got injured in the 6 minutes he played, if people moan about a fully fit player getting injured in a game then it is unreasoonable.

By all means rest players who have a knock etc - but we are going to have out first XI playing effectively 1 game in 3.5 weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:02 - Nov 11 with 1489 viewsitfcjoe

The year we lost to Lincoln which was the biggest disaster (having made much less rotation) could easily have been argued we were in a relegation fight

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:02 - Nov 11 with 1486 viewsunbelievablue

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:01 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

If people are that worried then we should just pull out of the competition.

Norwood could have got injured in the 6 minutes he played, if people moan about a fully fit player getting injured in a game then it is unreasoonable.

By all means rest players who have a knock etc - but we are going to have out first XI playing effectively 1 game in 3.5 weeks

That first line is reductio ad absurdum. The compromise is to field a weakened team. We did, it mildly backfired. A replay at Lincoln is not the apocalypse.

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:03 - Nov 11 with 1481 viewsBlueBadger

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:00 - Nov 11 by MrTown

We can't win the FA cup or 'the league', we *can* win the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:04 - Nov 11 with 1469 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:00 - Nov 11 by MrTown

Serious question, why enter then?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 11:04]

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:06 - Nov 11 with 1451 viewsunbelievablue

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:04 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Simple - to give fringe/youth players/players returning from injury some 'meaningful' game time outside of a league game.

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:08 - Nov 11 with 1431 viewsunbelievablue

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:02 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

The year we lost to Lincoln which was the biggest disaster (having made much less rotation) could easily have been argued we were in a relegation fight

I edited the post to admit I was wrong about MM and the FA Cup.

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:11 - Nov 11 with 1414 viewsITFCBlues

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 10:55 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

2013/14 - 6th
2014/15 - 2nd
2015/16 - 6th
2016/17 - 15th
2017/18 - 12th

In the replay against Southampton when McGoldrick got injured when we were 2nd in the table to then completely fall away and scrape the play offs?

This is why I've got no issue with fielding a weakened side. The priority is promotion. The fa Cup really is irrelevant and nothing like it used to be. Even if you draw a top Prem side now you're playing their reserve sides.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:12 - Nov 11 with 1406 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We probably won't win it. But imagine if we even reached a quarter final and managed to beat a 'big club'. There are young fans at this club who have essentially seen nothing, that would be huge for them and potentially good financially for us.

I love the FA cup, ditch off the carabao, ditch off the Leasing and go for the FA cup, proper trophy.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:13 - Nov 11 with 1400 viewsITFCBlues

Say Norwood started Saturday and he hobbled off injured on 60th min on 11:04 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Can you imagine the uproar from fans if we didn't?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024