Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Election Leaflets 19:15 - Nov 11 with 1514 viewsOldsmoker

Only Lib-dem and Greens have come through my door.
I haven't seen the Tories or Labour leafets but here's an interesting observation from Jim Pickard of the FT.

Election leaflet stats so far:

- Out of 865 Labour leaflets & newsletters only 62 feature Corbyn’s picture. (JC by contrast features on 322 out of 760 Tory leaflets).

The Tories fear of Corbyn getting into no 10 is rather obssessive methinks.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Election Leaflets on 19:24 - Nov 11 with 1484 viewsBloomBlue

Recycling some of those leaflets is difficult because of the print they use, let's hope the Green's is recyclable
Election Leaflets on 19:32 - Nov 11 with 1464 viewsSwansea_Blue

You could read that either as the Tories being obsessed, or Labour realising he’s a liability!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Election Leaflets on 19:44 - Nov 11 with 1447 viewswkj

We might soon see the end of leaflets all together, thankfully. Social media is the happy hunting ground now, see TWTD forums.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Election Leaflets on 20:02 - Nov 11 with 1421 viewsOldsmoker

Election Leaflets on 19:44 - Nov 11 by wkj

We might soon see the end of leaflets all together, thankfully. Social media is the happy hunting ground now, see TWTD forums.

Is that the same as the "Paperless office" argument.
Always a good idea to have a paper copy of important stuff just in case the tech breaks down or falls in a toilet.
That said, politcal stuff is disposable. Some goes straight in the bin.
All politial leaflets should be made of toilet paper anyway.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Election Leaflets on 20:12 - Nov 11 with 1414 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They have produced 865 different Labour leaflets and 760 different Tory ones?

There are 650 constituencies aren't there?

Wow.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Election Leaflets on 20:43 - Nov 11 with 1390 viewsGuthrum

Election Leaflets on 20:12 - Nov 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

They have produced 865 different Labour leaflets and 760 different Tory ones?

There are 650 constituencies aren't there?

Wow.

Yes, but everybody gets one of each between now and December 12th.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Election Leaflets on 06:03 - Nov 12 with 1264 viewsKTBlue

Got our one from the lib dems land on the mat yesterday and they have spelt the name of the town they are wanting to stand in wrong. How unbelievably bad is that?
Election Leaflets on 09:27 - Nov 12 with 1211 viewsElephantintheRoom

Quite right too, this is a general election NOT a presidential election. You should be voting for the candidate and the policies of the party. The 'strong leader' of the tories who invited you to vote for her is not even in cabinet any more, nor is Brexit done. Anything and everything can change after an election.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Election Leaflets on 11:25 - Nov 12 with 1154 viewsWeWereZombies

Election Leaflets on 09:27 - Nov 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Quite right too, this is a general election NOT a presidential election. You should be voting for the candidate and the policies of the party. The 'strong leader' of the tories who invited you to vote for her is not even in cabinet any more, nor is Brexit done. Anything and everything can change after an election.

Last time I looked neither Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn were seeking to become president of the United Kingdom, although arguments could be made that Johnson sought to act more like a president than a Prime Minister on gaining the post. That sovereignty of Parliament exercise was quite worthwhile.

However, although we elect members of Parliament to represent our constituency those members do have a say in the way their party governs, how a leader is elected and how they co-operate with that leader. And they might end up in the cabinet having significant influence on the performance of a Prime Minister, and in any event they be subject to the party whips looking to make the Prime Minister effective.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Election Leaflets on 11:30 - Nov 12 with 1147 viewsBlueNomad

Jo Churchill will get my Tory leaflet back in an envelope without a stamp!
Election Leaflets on 12:47 - Nov 12 with 1099 viewsElephantintheRoom

Election Leaflets on 11:25 - Nov 12 by WeWereZombies

Last time I looked neither Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn were seeking to become president of the United Kingdom, although arguments could be made that Johnson sought to act more like a president than a Prime Minister on gaining the post. That sovereignty of Parliament exercise was quite worthwhile.

However, although we elect members of Parliament to represent our constituency those members do have a say in the way their party governs, how a leader is elected and how they co-operate with that leader. And they might end up in the cabinet having significant influence on the performance of a Prime Minister, and in any event they be subject to the party whips looking to make the Prime Minister effective.

You need to look a bit more carefully then. Johnson is looking to be a bit more powerful than a President as he has already shown his contempt for the sovereign parliament - and sees nothing wrong in breaking the law to stop the democracy he pretended to campaign for in the EU referendum - and sees nothing wrong in being a pathological liar.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Election Leaflets on 12:58 - Nov 12 with 1075 viewsbritbiker

Election Leaflets on 12:47 - Nov 12 by ElephantintheRoom

You need to look a bit more carefully then. Johnson is looking to be a bit more powerful than a President as he has already shown his contempt for the sovereign parliament - and sees nothing wrong in breaking the law to stop the democracy he pretended to campaign for in the EU referendum - and sees nothing wrong in being a pathological liar.

Don't know what everyone is worrying about. Every topic that has been raised this week has been answered by all parties with a multi million pound post election pay out promise.

Good job we had years of austerity, or have our lovely MPs found a huge cash tree somewhere.
Election Leaflets on 19:15 - Nov 12 with 999 viewsjas0999

Not really. Many folk (me included) have voted Labour in the past, but won’t do so with Corbyn at the helm. Tom Watson - who I think is an excellent politician - resigning won’t help the Labour cause.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024