Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling vs Gomez 09:25 - Nov 12 with 4238 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Has this been spoken about?

Strange that there was a statement made about this if I am honest. There are training ground bust ups all over the country, and by leaving him out, it makes people think it was worse than what it was. Player loses a big game, has a run in on the pitch, spills over to the next day, players square up to each other and by all accounts it is sorted out.

Thrown Sterling under the bus I a bit I think.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:28 - Nov 12 with 3060 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Think it’s been handled fairly well myself - clear message that it won’t be tolerated without being a punishment that is overly harsh, IMO

Credit to Sterling too for holding his hands up that emotions got the better of him - without knowing full details is fairly obvious from both the punishment and his statement that he must have been the one in the wrong
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 9:29]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:30 - Nov 12 with 3051 viewsTIB

Heard Sterling grabbed Gomez around the throat in the dining area following a bit of City-Liverpool banter. If that's the case then Southgate has made the right decision.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:32 - Nov 12 with 3040 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:28 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Think it’s been handled fairly well myself - clear message that it won’t be tolerated without being a punishment that is overly harsh, IMO

Credit to Sterling too for holding his hands up that emotions got the better of him - without knowing full details is fairly obvious from both the punishment and his statement that he must have been the one in the wrong
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 9:29]

I do see that side. In a way though it is refreshing to actually see passion from players still. Better than losing a big game and swapping shirts after the final whistle.

I guess they released the statement to try and beat the rumours.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:33 - Nov 12 with 3030 viewsBiGDonnie

Apparently, Sterling went for Gomez in training after they'd sorted it the day previous.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:34 - Nov 12 with 3025 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:30 - Nov 12 by TIB

Heard Sterling grabbed Gomez around the throat in the dining area following a bit of City-Liverpool banter. If that's the case then Southgate has made the right decision.

Wouldn't fancy Sterling in that fight.

I do understand it, players say that there are training ground and camp bust ups all the time, none are dealt with like this. Maybe because it is a international game it is different.

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:36 - Nov 12 with 3017 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:33 - Nov 12 by BiGDonnie

Apparently, Sterling went for Gomez in training after they'd sorted it the day previous.

I read that they were in the sort of relax area indoors. A few things were said amongst them and Sterling lost his head.

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:39 - Nov 12 with 2997 viewslmfcblue

After Sundays game Southgate and Co should have got them together first thing to make sure and the rivalry doesn't spill over into the International week.
There was clearly a problem in the game so poorly handled by Southgate IMO. Could've been dealt with in the office!
Sterling vs Gomez on 09:48 - Nov 12 with 2957 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:39 - Nov 12 by lmfcblue

After Sundays game Southgate and Co should have got them together first thing to make sure and the rivalry doesn't spill over into the International week.
There was clearly a problem in the game so poorly handled by Southgate IMO. Could've been dealt with in the office!

Weird take

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:51 - Nov 12 with 2946 viewslmfcblue

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:48 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Weird take

Basic man management
Sterling vs Gomez on 09:53 - Nov 12 with 2938 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:51 - Nov 12 by lmfcblue

Basic man management

He probably just expected two adult colleagues to behave themselves, especially as club rivalries have presumably never been an issue before

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:56 - Nov 12 with 2916 viewsBloomBlue

How do you know that Southgate didn't do that but subsequently Sterling continued the argument later?
If that happened Southgate was right to drop him as Stetling went against what had been discussed, certainly right to drop him if that did happen, basic man management
Sterling vs Gomez on 09:59 - Nov 12 with 2902 viewsBiGDonnie

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:53 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He probably just expected two adult colleagues to behave themselves, especially as club rivalries have presumably never been an issue before

Liverpool/United players used to have a serious rivalry that spilled over into the International games, or do you mean with Liverpool/City in recent times?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:00 - Nov 12 with 2894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think Lampard said a few times that the reason the 'golden generation' weren't as successful as they should've been, is because the players who played for the big clubs didn't mix with others. United stayed with united, Chelsea with Chelsea etc. A bit off topic, not sure I needed to bring that up. But I did.

But I do agree that It wasn't Southgate's issue to sort before it happened.

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:09 - Nov 12 with 2850 viewsGeoffSentence

How do you know that Southgate didn't do all that but they went for it anyway. Are you an England camp insider?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:09 - Nov 12 with 2852 viewsitfc48

Should have been kept in house IMO. The media have spent the last few decades trying to destroy the England team. This is just further ammunition for them.
Sterling vs Gomez on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 2842 viewslmfcblue

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:56 - Nov 12 by BloomBlue

How do you know that Southgate didn't do that but subsequently Sterling continued the argument later?
If that happened Southgate was right to drop him as Stetling went against what had been discussed, certainly right to drop him if that did happen, basic man management

Well you'd have thought he did but if he didn't he could've helped the situation.
Sterling vs Gomez on 10:12 - Nov 12 with 2838 viewslmfcblue

If i had 2 employees having an issue with each other on a Sat night in town and they were working closely together Monday am, i'd be having a quiet word first thing.
Sterling vs Gomez on 10:13 - Nov 12 with 2831 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sterling vs Gomez on 09:59 - Nov 12 by BiGDonnie

Liverpool/United players used to have a serious rivalry that spilled over into the International games, or do you mean with Liverpool/City in recent times?

Was talking recent times, and specifically these players really

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:14 - Nov 12 with 2822 viewsGeoffSentence

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:12 - Nov 12 by lmfcblue

If i had 2 employees having an issue with each other on a Sat night in town and they were working closely together Monday am, i'd be having a quiet word first thing.

You don't know that he didn't.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 2817 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:12 - Nov 12 by lmfcblue

They didn’t have an issue in town though, they had a fairly run of the mill confrontation on a football pitch, which typically gets left there in the moment

And as others have pointed you out, you have no idea if any words were said anyway

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:43 - Nov 12 with 2752 viewslmfcblue

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:14 - Nov 12 by GeoffSentence

You don't know that he didn't.

Well let’s hope he did 👍
Sterling vs Gomez on 11:00 - Nov 12 with 2704 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It wasn't a training ground bust up.

According to reports he got physical with Gomez in a private area, and its wasnt in the heat of training etc.

Hes not been thrown under the bus and has admitted he is wrong.

Southgate has acted well, so has Sterling in apologising.

The media is making it bigger tha it actually is.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sterling vs Gomez on 11:00 - Nov 12 with 2697 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sterling vs Gomez on 10:09 - Nov 12 by itfc48

Should have been kept in house IMO. The media have spent the last few decades trying to destroy the England team. This is just further ammunition for them.

Impossible to keep it in house these days.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sterling vs Gomez on 11:01 - Nov 12 with 2695 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They are adults, he shouldnt have to sit them down and talk it out.

Sterling vs Gomez on 11:10 - Nov 12 with 2669 viewschicoazul

I heard they were talking about their Top 5 cheeses and Raheem took offence to Gomez saying cottage cheese isnt actually a cheese.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024