Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL trophy fan boycott 09:54 - Nov 12 with 2298 viewsbluelagos

Anyone informed and care to share what it is about, is it still happening, how come we arent involved?

Shame as it will definitely make tonights game a bit stale with regards to the atmosphere.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

EFL trophy fan boycott on 09:55 - Nov 12 with 2288 viewsBlueBadger

Norwich City fans have been boycotting trophies for the past 117 years, you could ask them?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EFL trophy fan boycott on 09:57 - Nov 12 with 2280 viewsSouperJim

Something about it being a vehicle for Premier clubs to end up having B teams in the EFL, which would obviously have serious ramifications for other clubs.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

EFL trophy fan boycott on 10:43 - Nov 12 with 2191 viewsMark

It's because Premier League U21 clubs are allowed to be part of the competition, playing against League One and Two sides who are forced to play some first team players or face fines. If fans accept this it could be the part of a slippery slope to PL U21 teams joining the leagues one day.
EFL trophy fan boycott on 10:46 - Nov 12 with 2178 viewsJakeITFC

https://thesetpieces.com/features/b-teams-jpt/

This is a good article on the why.

I am boycotting this competition for most of the reasons set out in the argument above. Ipswich have generally shown this competition a fair bit of disdain which is good (wholesale changes to the team, pretty paltry attendances at home).

Tonight is slightly different though for me (although I’m still not going) - a really local away game is rare for us and it is always good fun to have a laugh at Colchester.
EFL trophy fan boycott on 12:50 - Nov 12 with 2012 viewsElephantintheRoom

Because clubs treat the League Cup and the FA Cup with utter contempt - then take part in this travesty which is the first step to having Premier League B teams in competitive first team football.

Anyone who cared one iota about league football would give this competition a very wide berth. And should have stopped going to FA Cup and League Cup games as well for that matter if supporting a team like Town.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

EFL trophy fan boycott on 13:05 - Nov 12 with 1943 viewsBasuco

I personally only boycott the actual games involving a Premier league club U23 side, I disagree with the principle of them taking part in the League 1 & 2 cup. They are just taking the p1ss by muscling in on this competition, IMO.
Yeah, that's my stance as well..... on 13:13 - Nov 12 with 1895 viewsBloots

EFL trophy fan boycott on 13:05 - Nov 12 by Basuco

I personally only boycott the actual games involving a Premier league club U23 side, I disagree with the principle of them taking part in the League 1 & 2 cup. They are just taking the p1ss by muscling in on this competition, IMO.

.....seems a bit petty to boycott the whole thing, but virtue signalling is very much "on trend" these days I guess.

If we get to the final and are playing one of the U23 teams, I won't go.

Unless I change my mind.

Which I will.

Obviously.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

EFL trophy fan boycott on 13:38 - Nov 12 with 1782 viewsmonytowbray

I think the biggest issue stems in the fact the PL want to hoard players then moan they aren’t getting enough competitive game time to grow. God knows how many future stars are on the books at some of these sides. Easy answer is limit the number of u23 players a team can have in the PL that haven’t played X league games a season, but that won’t happen as the big 6 have the FA in their pocket.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, that's my stance as well..... on 16:44 - Nov 12 with 1616 viewsMullet

Yeah, that's my stance as well..... on 13:13 - Nov 12 by Bloots

.....seems a bit petty to boycott the whole thing, but virtue signalling is very much "on trend" these days I guess.

If we get to the final and are playing one of the U23 teams, I won't go.

Unless I change my mind.

Which I will.

Obviously.

Aren't they barred from being in the final? I'm sure I read that somewhere and was a bit baffled by it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

EFL trophy fan boycott on 16:52 - Nov 12 with 1585 viewsnoggin

EFL trophy fan boycott on 09:57 - Nov 12 by SouperJim

Something about it being a vehicle for Premier clubs to end up having B teams in the EFL, which would obviously have serious ramifications for other clubs.

The day that happens is the day I fall out of love with the game.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

EFL trophy fan boycott on 16:55 - Nov 12 with 1579 viewsJ2BLUE

Before the season started I was all for boycotting it. Since then i've realised we could actually get to Wembley and my stance had softened considerably. Yes, it's very much a third rate competition but we aren't getting to Wembley any other way. Lets see if we can get there in this cup. The cool kids don't want to admit it but if we get promotion and a trip to Wembley this would have been a fun and exciting season. I want us back in the Championship ASAP but i'm going to enjoy this division instead of making snippy comments and acting like we're above it when frankly we aren't, we are here because we were dire last season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024